Baby, It's Cold Outside (incomplete)

Endless Love (Chendy Oneshot Collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Scenario 1: Baby, It's Cold Outside

 

Chen sat slumped on the couch, absentmindedly scrolling through his phone to pass the time.  He glanced at the clock.  Five minutes to nine. 

            The doorbell rang, startling Chen so much that he nearly dropped his phone.  He immediately went to answer to the door, but it wasn’t who he was expecting.

            “Ayo, chinggu-ah.”  said Xiumin, shoving him aside so that he could get in.  The winter chill radiated off of his jacket.  “, it’s cold out there.”

            “You’re home early.”  observed Chen, trying not to sound too disappointed.

            “Joonmyeon decided against going to the movie tonight.  It’s freezing out there.  There have been several accidents already because of the slippery roads.”

            “Oh.”  said the other, lost in the thought.

            “What are you up to, then?”  said Xiumin, taking off his hat and gloves and putting them on top of the wood stove.

            “Wendy’s coming over.”  he said, plainly.

            “I thought she was on vacation?”

            “She was.  Her plane landed just a while ago.”

            “Ah, I see.  Well, I’ll just be in my room.”  There wasn’t a smirk on his face, but it was definitely in his voice.  “...Can I borrow Ip-Man?”

            “Yeah, sure.  It’s on top of my bookshelf.”

            “Thanks, chinggu.  Well, have fun.  I’m going to go hibernate until summer.”

            “So much for the Frost Monarch over here.”  said Chen,  “What happened to the cold doesn’t bother me anyway?”  He and Xiumin laughed.

            “I’m only human, after all.”  said the latter.

            The doorbell rang again, and Xiumin quickly grabbed the movie out of Chen’s room before going into his own room and shutting the door behind him.  He opened the door for a brief moment to offer a final comment.

            “Behave yourselves or I’ll have to come out and chaperone!”  he whispered to Chen, who rolled his eyes as he headed towards the door.

            The moment he opened the door, Wendy let herself in, dropping her bags on the floor and proceeding to fling herself into his arms.  He caught her cleanly and the two hugged for a long time.  She was cold and shivering, but not for long.  He lifted her, reaching over to shut the door before spinning around as he kissed her.  When he sat her back down he was facing Xiumin’s bedroom door.  His roommate’s head was still sticking out between the door and jamb, watching them with an amused expression.  He twirled a lollipop around in his mouth.  Chen shot him a vicious look.  He laughed silently and closed his door without a sound.

            “Ah, I’ve missed you, Jongdae.”  Wendy said, pressing her face to his chest and audibly inhaling the scent of his shirt and his skin underneath.  She raised her face to his with a lazy look.  He gazed down at her.  “Saranghae.”  she said.  The seriousness in her tone made Chen’s insides constrict.  He tightened his chest when she leaned against him again.

            “Saranghae.”  he echoed, kissing the top of her head.  He glanced down at th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter