Chapter 1

My Mate

authors babbling: O.O 

44 subscribers from the tiny bit I had on the foreword? Oh my goodness, the pressure is already on -gulps- 

here's the first chapter, I hope it lives up to expectations. -flees to hide under a blanket and hug her plushis- 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1

 

The scene that stretched out before the still bristling dark brown wolf was one of devastation and unquenchable rage that was fuelled by the desperate need to see his mate. The one who had been torturously ripped away from him two years ago and was now just somewhere out of his reach. He had torn through the pack like a possessed beast, desperate to find his missing love and still there was nothing which was only serving to make Chanyeol even more annoyed than before.

 

Though thankfully he still had enough of a mind set to at least acknowledge Suho’s presence as the stark white wolf appeared next to him, surveying the damage with a critical eye but Chanyeol figured that it was more because the kills were not swift and clean.

 

“Suho,” he said, keeping his voice as level as could be managed.

 

“Xiumin and Chen have found no way to the hidden basement on the outside,” Suho said in the same fraught tone, “I was expecting that you might have left at least one alive so we could ask them.”

 

Chanyeol snorted, “These cowards would bite their own tongues before telling us anything.”

 

Turning his head to the side, Chanyeol started off back the way that his Head Alpha had come from but deviated off to the room where they had originally been. It was a plain room, well now it was creatively decorated with blood, guts and corpses but the large wolf had to wonder if there was something that he was missing. In no other room had he heard or been able to catch a whiff of Kris but here, he swore he could smell the other more.

 

Transforming himself into his human form, Chanyeol rose to his impressive height and studied the room with human eyes, “Now if I was a hidden door, where would I be?”

 

“Suho!” the yell almost startled the alpha who was quick to change back into his human form himself as Chen appeared, looking rather like he had just been through ten rounds with Muhammed Ali but there was a cocky grin on his face.

 

Suho glared towards the other as he crossed his arms, “You better have something good, Chen.”

 

The other nodded, “Me and Xiumin have found cubs.”

 

“Cubs?” Chanyeol asked, momentarily distracted from studying a suit of armour which was as hollow as they came.

 

Chen nodded, “Yeah, about four of them. They were being held in a little shed out the back but no sign of any omegas taking much care of them.” He turned to look at Chanyeol, “One of them smelt like you.”

 

The taller straightened his back ever so slightly for a second before shaking his head, “We’ll deal with them later. I want my mate.”

 

Suho sighed, “Well if you’ve got any bright ideas I would like to hear them because I would rather like to see my mate as well, thank you ever so much.”

 

It was understandable as to why the Head Alpha was so irritable in this situation, so Chanyeol was happy to allow the rudeness to slide. Alphas usually did not like being insulted or treated as lower members of the pack but right at that moment in time, they were all in the same boat and had been for the last two years.

 

Chanyeol still had nightmares about the incident that had resulted in their home being ransacked and all of their omega’s being kidnapped. A fire had been deliberately set in the nearby town and the alphas had gone to assist as much as they could do, returning hours later to find that it had all been a cunning ruse. The large eared man remembered all too well how he had raced through the ransacked house, leaping over the pieces of tumbled down furniture to reach his bedroom, heart racing in fear as his calls for Kris went completely unanswered.

 

He hadn’t even needed to cross the threshold of his bedroom before a cry of anguish mixed with a growl of anger left his throat. The room was wrecked, the wardrobe and vanity table toppled and smashed, their clothes torn to pieces and the newly installed crib for their unborn pups turned into mere firewood. The worse sight however was the bed which had been torn to shreds and stained with blood though from who or what was next to impossible to tell.

 

The others had reported back that their rooms had also been ransacked but none of them contained blood or a wrecked bed either. Or at least not to the extent that Chanyeol had just witnessed. Without needing commands or telling, the trio of wolves under Suho’s command had gathered up whatever they could find that was still useable and had immediately headed off after the trail in order to get their mates back.

 

That had been two years ago and now it was getting frustrating because potentially all of their mates were in this house somewhere and there appeared to be no way to get to them.

 

Suddenly though, Chanyeol paused and raised his hand towards Suho to cut off any possible argument that could come his way, “You hear that?”

 

The two other wolves frowned but listened carefully to see if they could pick up on what their fellow packmate had done. It took a minute or so but then the faint sounds of weeping came and as one trio of alphas stepped back towards the suit of armour that Chanyeol had been looking at beforehand.

 

Chanyeol opted to risk something, “Kris?” he spoke normally, listening for any changes to the whimpering before calling a little louder, “Kris?”

 

There was a slight gasp of surprise and a few seconds terrified pause before there came the faint sound of metal touching metal and a reply of, “Chanyeol?” came through loud and clear.

 

“Move,” Xiumin’s voice cut through the silence that followed as the smallest of the four alpha’s stepped forward to scrutinize the suit with careful eyes and then reached for the chest plate. It came off way too easy to reveal a small hidden lever that Xiumin pulled without waiting for any instructions.

 

Gears and cogs turned with a series of loud clangs before a click sounded behind them and from behind an ornate looking panel of red butterflies on a green background there was revealed a doorway.

 

Chanyeol got there first and pushed it open to reveal a set of stone steps that wound down in a circular motion though there was barely any light to see. That did not deter the alpha though and he carefully begun the descent down with one hand pressing against the wall the whole way.

 

Chen followed after a few seconds and Suho glanced at Xiumin before training his eyes on the table and letting out a sound of surprise.

 

Xiumin nodded, “I’ll stay and protect them, just give me a shout if you want me down there.”

Suho nodded, took one more look at the basket on the table before hurrying down to follow his fellow alphas.

 

There was a door at the end of the spiral staircase but it was not locked from this side and it strangely took little effort to get it to open. Chen glanced upwards and tutted, “Looks like the lever operated the lock too. So you could only attempt escape when it was unlocked.”

 

“Only when your captor was standing right in the doorway,” Chanyeol ground out as he finished opening the door into a large basement that was cold, dripping with condensation and reeked of things that made the alpha bristle in anger. Though it was short lived as torches set around the room suddenly blazed into light with a strong orange glow that was practically blinding and the next thing that the alpha was able to register was the most beautiful scent in the entire world.

 

Freshly picked dandelions on a summer day mixed with marshmallows and strawberries.

 

The scent that only belonged to one omega in the entire world and it took several seconds too long for Chanyeol to recognise the person that scent came off. They were still tall, but were way too thin with bones protruding on the visible bits of skin and the large brown eyes that had always held so much life in them were now almost lifeless and tortured. Tears were dripping from those eyes, whilst small droplets of blood creeped from wounds around the man’s wrists that was only magnified by the tattered, grey too long shirt that had been haphazardly thrown over the dangerously thin frame.

 

All of this information was processed within a second before Chanyeol had closed the distance between himself and the terrified creature who was shaking with fear of being rejected. The alpha wasted no time in pulling the other into as tight and supportive a hug as he could allow himself to do right then and then, fighting back his own bitter tears of frustration because he could not go back and re-kill the monsters who had done this to his beautiful omega.

 

In return, Kris clung to Chanyeol desperately, breaking down fully to allow all fears show through because he knew that they were pointless because no matter what Chanyeol would always love him.

 

Twisting around slightly, Chanyeol pulled back his heart breaking at the whine that came from Kris before pressing kiss after kiss onto those chapped, bruised and abused lips and fighting the natural rage that was rearing up because of the other unwanted scents that were all over his mate. His wolf screamed to reclaim, to take and remove that stench immediately but that would be beyond cruel and there was no way that he was going to put Kris through anymore torture.

 

“I love you,” he said softly towards the still terrified looking male as he pulled back once again, “I’ll never leave you ever again.”

 

Kris nodded hesitantly before breaking down into a fresh stream of tears which were wracked with hundreds of hiccups and half formed words. Chanyeol kissed at the tear stained cheeks before carefully picking the impossibly light weight male up and turning to head out of the basement. His eyes briefly fell onto Chen who was pulling Baekhyun up into his arms as well and another swift turn of his head revealed Suho kneeling in front of a virtually none responsive Lay whilst a vacant Luhan looked on from the nearest corner.

 

All of the omegas reflected one another, bruised, battered, beaten and worst of all abused. Chanyeol could only bite back the growl as he held Kris just a little closer before calling up to Xiumin to come and get his mate.

 

He did not pause to see their reunion, instead headed up the stairs with the full intention of getting Kris out of this horrible place when he came to a second sudden stop in as many minutes as a series of pathetic sounding squeaky barks and whimpers came from a basket on the table.

 

“Cubs?” Chanyeol asked aloud, staring at the little malnourished things in amazement and wonder, “Kris are they?”

 

“Babies,” Kris said with a voice so soft and filled with love that it was nearly impossible to hear but four little heads immediately turned and started whining for attention. “My babies,” Kris stuttered out as Chanyeol somehow gently deposited the male down on the table so that his mate could reach out to them all as yet more tears welled up in his eyes.

 

Kris looked up at Chanyeol with a radiant smile on his features and a beautiful spark of life in his eyes that made all of the anger that had built up in the alpha disperse immediately, “Our babies survived, Chanyeol, they survived.”

 

“I can see that,” Chanyeol replied, finding himself smiling stupidly before kissing Kris once again and pulling him into a one armed hug so he could add his hand to the basket to allow the pups to sniff curiously at his hand so that they could identify the scent of their father who had been wrongfully absent from their lives for far too long.

 

Letting out a sigh, Kris closed his eyes and allowed his body to relax to the point where he passed out. For the first time in two years he actually felt safe and knew that no one was going to come to hurt him anymore.

 

He could only hope that the others were just as lucky as him to have such an understanding mate, though he knew that there would be many questions to come their way once they were in better surroundings. But for now, he was content to just rest without fear or worry. 

 

~~~

authors babble:

Yeah this took a darker turn that I expected but if you've read my work before you know that it tends to go a bit dark. So I hope this was worth it and please leave me comments to let me know how it all went. I was actually listening to my EXO albums writing this so hopefully the feel is right.

anyways, I'll just hide under this blanket for now

Chia