Chapter 2

My Mate

authors babbling: OMG! Guys I am so sorry for how long this has taken me to update, I sincerly apologuise but if you've been following any of my other fics I sorta set myself an insane Christmas Challenge which did get completed and now I've got some free time I'm able to catch up. I am really sorry for making you wait this long and I really hope this update is worth the wait too. 

Chapter 2

 

It took all of a day for Suho to find them a house on the other side of town where they could move everyone into without too much crowding and whilst Xiumin had insisted on wanting to get away from this horrible place, he had to concede to the fact that the omegas were in no fit state to travel. In fact, it took two alphas per omega to get them from the place that they had been locked up and tortured in to the new mansion house on the other side of town. There was no feasible way that they would have been able to get them any further than that.

 

Apart from being malnourished and in serious need of tender love and care, all four had been heavily sedated and drugged with something that was slow acting and according to the local physician could potentially take weeks to get out of their system depending on how long it was since the last dose was given. Plus, there was also the very high possibility that they could be addicted to the stuff as well which was something that none of the alphas wanted to hear but there was little that they could do in regards to that.

 

For the time being however, their main concern was getting their mates clean, warm, treated for whatever wounds that had been delivered to them and start the long haul back to getting them to health.

 

By far the worst affected was Lay, as he still had not come around from the sedative and seemed to show no signs of doing so anytime soon. Suho was naturally devastated by the news and had taken to remaining by his mate day and night, caring for him in whatever way he could in the hope that something would just click and make the omega wake up. Chanyeol did not blame him for wanting to do such a thing, he was not letting Kris out of his sight for a second at the moment and neither were Chen or Xiumin neglecting their mates.

 

Except when it came to dealing with the cubs of course, but thankfully that was a task that the omegas were naturally inclined towards and it was just what they needed to be given the extra push to survive.

 

However, it had quickly been identified that the four cubs found in the house did not belong solely to Kris and Chanyeol. One definitely did, the scent was too strong for him to belong to anyone else but the other two remaining cubs bore no recognisable scent to the group though Kris seemed to have adopted them as his own so there was no argument to be had about that.

 

The fourth had unfortunately not survived too long, it’s body so small and malformed that the poor thing had passed away in the night. Xiumin had taken her away before any of the omegas had seen her and they just said that she had gone to a better place for now. It appeased the questions and stopped the tears which was the best thing that they could all hope for. Plus, with three rather surprisingly hyper cubs to deal with it made life just a little easier.

 

The three boys were boisterous despite being underfed and a little undeveloped but within days of being cared for properly by the three awake omegas they were rough housing and up to mischief in no time. Sehun was the little alpha cub whom belonged to Chanyeol and Kris outright and the grey cub was full of fun and mischief despite having a stern look on his face all of the time. Kai was a slightly smaller alpha whom loved to play with Sehun and had a big preference for being looked after by Baekhyun who would primp and smooth the little one’s fur for hours until it was just right. He was a light tan colour and liked to sneak attack people from behind chairs and around corners. The only surviving omega was named Tao though anyone would think that he was an alpha the way he acted sometimes. He was jet black and would gladly rough and tumble with Sehun and Kai until it got just a little too much and he would be off whimpering to Kris or Luhan for cuddles or to sneak up into his fort of teddies that he had built up.

Chanyeol liked to spend time with the cubs, because it made all of the horrible stuff go away for a short time and allowed them to all feel like they were a family once again.

 

The fire was merrily crackling in the hearth whilst Kris was on sleep watch duty with the cubs, the little critters all snuggled up happily together in their basket which was their favourite place to sleep and Chanyeol smiled as he came into the kitchen to find his mate exactly where he had left him. It had only been five minutes that he had been away, Chen asking him to help get Baekhyun up the stairs as the omega had two broken legs which were still in the process of healing as the sedative slowed everything down seeing as Xiumin had his hands full with a hallucinating Luhan.

 

Plopping down onto the floor behind him, Chanyeol pulled his still too thin mate into his arms and pressed a light kiss to his neck, glad to inhale the scent of vanilla soap rather than the stench of other bastards who had dared to touch his mate, “How are they doing?”

 

“Fine,” Kris replied, his voice a little raspy but it was like that these days, “Sehun was berating Kai for making Tao cry again.”

 

Chanyeol chuckled, “He does seem to have a huge soft spot for the young omega doesn’t he?”

 

Kris nodded and then leant back against Chanyeol, his demeanour showing sadness and concern as he swallowed. He didn’t want to have this discussion, didn’t want to say anything about what he suspected but the longer he left this up in the air the more dangerous and difficult it would become. “Channie?” he asked softly, trying to fight back the tears which were threatening to spill forth from his eyes.

 

“Yes my love?” Chanyeol asked softly, gently running his hand through the others now clean blond hair.

 

Kris gently his lips, before sighing, “I think…I think…I need to…”

 

Something stirred in his stomach and Chanyeol did not like the feeling in the slightest, “Yes?”

 

“I think…I’m…” Kris hiccupped and gripped tightly onto Chanyeol’s shirt, “Don’t leave me, please, don’t leave me.”

 

Chanyeol quickly pressed a kiss onto Kris’s head, “I won’t leave you, Kris, nothing would make me leave you in a million years. Now please, tell me what’s bothering you?”

 

Kris slumped, knowing that what Chanyeol was saying was true but there was no way that he was going to be happy about this, “I think I’m pregnant.”

 

The news washed over the big alpha like ice cold water and he pulled Kris tight to his chest in a way to quell the beast that was now wanting to rush out and murder whoever had touched his mate. However, he couldn’t get mad at Kris, that would not be fair in the slightest because he had not been responsible for this and if he had been in any right form of mind he would have fought tooth and nail to ensure that no one got near him in the slightest.

 

Gently, even though he was shaking with rage, Chanyeol pressed his lips to the others shoulder in a kiss and then gently pulled back to late out an equally shaky sigh, “I wouldn’t leave you for that. We’ll sort this out, Krissy, we’ll work this out.”

 

A whimper escaped from Kris and he leant into Chanyeol with new tears forming but there was little that he could do. Chanyeol pulled Kris into a loving hold and just let him cry himself out to sleep on his shoulder like a child. He wasn’t happy at the prospect of his mate baring another’s pups, not in the slightest but he was not going to get angry in front of his already abused mate and three innocent pups.

 

A clearing of the throat made Chanyeol look up to see Xiumin standing at the kitchen table with the same expression in his face, “I heard and I want you to know that you’re not alone in this.”

 

“What?” Chanyeol said softly, a little confused.

 

“Luhan’s mood swings,” Xiumin confessed slowly, “Are due a little to the sedative but are mainly due to the fact that he is pregnant by another. You’re not the only one going through this.”

 

Disgust ran through Chanyeol but he managed to bite his lip to stop himself exploding, “What about the others?”

 

Xiumin shook his head, “Lay’s still unconscious so the chances are slim and with the state that Baekhyun’s in it would be highly dangerous for him to be with cubs…but Suho’s calling out the doctors to check them all over to verify and see if there’s anything that can be done.”

 

Chanyeol blinked, “You’re going to terminate them?”

 

The other puffed out his cheeks before shaking his head, “No. Not until I know for sure if they’re going to risk Luhan’s health or not. I won’t make the choice for him but I will be there every step of the way.”

 

Nodding in response Chanyeol looked down at Kris and gently ran his fingers over the others face, “I agree with you. They’ve already been through so much, it’s their choice now. Even if we don’t like it.”

 

Xiumin nodded and moved around the table to quietly pick up the basket of pups, with a smile, “We’ve already adopted two who aren’t our own, what’s a few more?” 

 

A rare smile crossed Chanyeol’s face as he looked down at the sleeping Kris in his arms before pressing a kiss to his forehead and picked him up to take him to the main bedroom where they all spent their nights together in a great big happy pile of bodies so that no one could be taken away from them ever again.  

 

authors babbling again: so yes, a bit shorter than planned but hopefully I'll have some nice focus chapter fics and I want to know opinions on the new cubs. So please read, review and tell me off for being an bad author-nim and making you wait so long for this.