Seeing Her

Unplanned

 

Alex's POV

**Flashback 2015**

"Come on I've got two tickets to get in. Are you really going to make me go alone?" Eunjung asked while pouting at me.

Eunjung and I have been bestfriends since I moved to Korea when I was 12 due to my dad getting a higher paying job so we had to relocate. My dad was born and raised in Korea but went to college abroad where he later on met my mother. I knew a few things about the culure because eventhough we lived in the U.S dad always taught me bits and pieces about it. It was difficult for me to make friends at first because I just felt so out of place since I looked different from the other kids. Some people would call me a "halfer" which I embraced because that's what I was. I wasn't ashamed but it got really annoying to the point that I would get into fights away from the school campus ofcourse. Eunjung was the sensible one out of us 2. She would try to intervene as much as possible. I don't know where I'd be if she wasn't there for me always.  

 "I have to study for my Biology exam that's in 2 days. Y'know I'm hanging on by a thread in Mr.Jung's class." I stated not looking up from my textbook.

"Come on Alex, please go with me. I really want to see Chaeyoung rap and dance" she pleaded.

"So take someone else to see the SIXTEEN performance. I don't even know why your so obsessed with this show and this Chaeyoung girl." I said closing my book harshly.

"Please Alex. Your my bestie which means you have to come. Please" she used her aegyo on me.

I sighed and looked at her pouting face.

"Fine. I'll go." I said feeling defeat.

Eunjung jumped up and hugged me tightly.

"Jungie-ah i can't breathe....let..go" I struggled the words out.

She let go and smiled widely at me almost child like. She began to dance around the her living room happily. I can't believe this is a 22 year old. I shook my head nd laughed at her goofiness. "I'm gonna go home and change then come back to pick you up, ok?" i said making sure she was cool with it.

"Okay seeya in a bit, Lex" Eunjung smiled and waved at me as I walked to my car.

When I got to my apartment I saw a poster hung up on a build board advertising the performance tonight. I glanced at the poster and wondered which girl was Eunjung so obsessed with. I walked inside and went straight to my bathroom to take a shower. As I came out of the bathroom i heard my phone ringing. I picked it up without looking at the ID.

"Hello" i said drying my hair with the towel. 

"Alex!!!" a familar voice shouted.

"What's wrong Jungie?" I asked already knowing it was her. 

"I don't know what to wear!" she said loudly.

"Anything is fine." I said in a bored tone.

"I get to see Chaeyoung tonight, i cant just wear anything! What are you gonna wear?" she asked.

"Black skinny jeans, galaxy short sleeve, black Vans with my black snapback." i said picking out my clothes.

"Let's match except I'll wear a black beanie!" she squealed excitedly.

"Just be ready when I come get you." i stated putting on my clothes and shoes. 

"Arasso. Bye Lex." the line went dead.

 

I fixed my hair and slipped on the hat backwards. I left my apartment and head to Eunjung's house. When I arrived I knocked on the front door waiting for someone to open it. In what felt like ages the locks clicked and the door opened.

"Hi unnie" Haeyeon greeted.

"Hey. It's bern awhile small one" i said pinching her cheeks as she groaned.

"Unnie lesh gof" she groaned out.

"Terrorizing my cute little dongsae again?" I heard Eunjung say playfully.

"I can't help it I love her reactions when i . She turns super red like strawberries." I said smirking evily at Haeyeon.

"That's cause she likes you." Eunjung stated receiving a sharp stare from her sister.

"Ready to go?" i asked with a laugh.

"Yup" she replied popping the 'p'. Eunjung took my arm and clung onto me as usual.

"Are you sure y'all aren't dating secretly?" Haeyeon asked rasing an eyebrow.

"Positive. we've always been like this so I'm used to it by now" i answed waving bye to Haeyeon.

We pulled up in front of a semi small building and head towards the entrance. The bouncer asked us for our tickets then stamped our hands with something invisible that can only be seen in the dark. We walked inside and saw a crowed waiting for the performance to start. The anouncer came out and introduced the Minor A team. I saw 3 girls come out on stage and the lights dimmed.

"Come on let's get closer." Eunjung said into my ear.

I grabbed her hand and pulled her through the crowd of people to get a better view. The spot light tured on and I what I saw made time stop. She had long light brown locks her skin was fair and her body was toned and curvy. She was stading on a table singing and moving her body slowly. Who is this girl and why am i feeling this way? I watched her performance from the crowd. I was staring at her in complete awe at her dance moves. Maybe I'm being delusional or did she just smile at me? It felt like my world had stopped when she dropped to the floor while doing y dance moves. Sure there were 2 other members doing the same thing as her but she had more of an impact on my soul. Her stare. Her smile. Her movements. All of it played a major role in drawing me in. 

I heard Eunjung next to me start to scream, "Chaeyoung SARANGHAE!!"

 

I looked up and saw a short girl with short straight black hair rapping. She must be Chaeyoung. When the performance was over the announced that Minor B and Major B team had won. They sent us home to watch the program to see who got eliminated.

 

***Next Day***

I was studying for my Bio exam when there was a knock on my door. I sat my textbook down and stood up to get the door. I looked out the side of the window to see who it was. I sighed and opened the door revealing a cheerful Eunjung.

"What's up?" I asked walking back over to the couch leaving the door open for her to come inside.

"I wanna watch SIXTEEN with you." she answered closing the door and sitting down next to me.

I want to see her again. "Arasso" i said cooly turning on my tv.

"You agreed pretty quickly" she looked at me questionably.

"I'm just curious who was eliminated." I voiced out. We watcheed the show and the final moment of truth was revealed.

"The person who will be eliminated today is......Momo.." JYP said sadly.

I saw the girl that I had taken a liking to start to cry silently. Wae? Why? All the girls began to cry aswell.

"Why is Momo being eliminated she danced so magically?!" Eunjung stood up angrily. I stared at her in confusion.

"Which one is Momo?" I asked.

"Her." she pointed at the one I liked.

Huh? Wae? Her dancing was mesmerising.

"Wae?" I asked silently to myself.

When the show was over Eunjung had finally settled down from her anger.

"I'm hungry let's go eat." she suggested happily. Of course this child friend of mine wants food.

"Shikshin, look at the table in front of you" I said. She looked at the table.

"What do you see?" I asked.

She just cocked her head to the side cutely and put on a confused face. I flicked her nose, "That's all the empty wrappers and containers of the food you ate by YOURSELF."

"But I want more food." she pouted.

"What do you want to eat?" I sighed out.

"Black bean noodles~" she replied cutely making me cringe.

I stood up and put on my shoes as she looked at me confused.

"You coming or are you not hungry?" I asked solemly.

Eunjung sprung up out of her seat and put on her shoes quickly then smiled at me telling me she's ready. We walked down the lit up streets till we came upon a small shop. i looked at the sign and saw that their special of the day was black bean noodles. Eunjung gripped onto my arm as we walked inside to a table towards the back. A women that looked like she was in her early 30's came over to us and asked us what we want to eat.

"2 black bean noodles and some soju please." Eunjung answered before I could say anything.

The woman left to go get the food as i looked around the place. Nice place. Why haven't I noticed it before.

"Are you ready for your exam tomarrow?" Eunjung asked me sipping her water.

"Kinda but my lovely bestfriend keeps hindering me from properly studyin," I stated as the lady came back with our food and drinks.

"Thank you." i said with a smile.

"I can't let you get to stressed out y'know so i'm purpously interfering." she stated happily while diving into her food.

I laughed to myself hearing her anwer. I may not show it often but i really do care about Eunjung. I'm not good at expressing my affection to people who I genuinely care about. We ate our food and talked.... well mostly her cause she was gushing over Chaeyoung.

"Sounds like you have a crush on her Jungie-ah" I said chuckling.

"Aniya I just really admire her plus she's 17 right now. I'll go down in history as a cradle robber if I get with her." she answered making me laugh.

I wonder how old Momo is, she's probably pretty young too.

"How old is Momo?" I asked curiously.

"Oh she's 19 I think." Eunjung answered casually.

I began to notice I was gettin a little tipsy so I stopped drinking cause I noticed Eunjung was way out there and I'd have to carry her home. I'm not the strongest drinker. 5 shots of soju and that's it.

"Eunjung-ah, I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick I'll be back. Just stay here," I said standing up and leaving the table.

I held on to the wall to keep my balance in check. I walked into the bathroom and did my business and proceeded out but bumped into someone. "I'm sorry, I didn't see you there." I said helping her up stiffling a little giggle due to my low key drunkness.

"Its ok." the brunette said looking at me like she was spacing out.

I noticed she was staring at me almost like she was examining me. She looks vaguely familar but where have I seen her before. "I'm Alex Bae" I said with a smile.

"My name's Hirai Momo nice to meet you...unnie" she replied unsure.

I smiled at her to reasure her that she was right. I walked back to my table and saw a passed out Eunjung.

"Guess I have to carry her home again" I said to myself.

I paid our bill and picked Eunjung up and left the small shop. On my way out I saw Momo sitting at a table with 2 other girls. She smiled and waved at me. Why does she look so familar? 

**End Of Flashback**

 

Present Day(2017)

I rolled out of bed to the sound of Eunjung shrilling in my ear. I grabbed a pillow and hit her with it.

"Yah!! stop it!" I shouted irritated and confused.

"Why are you shouting?" I asked with my eyes still closed.

I gripped my pillow closer to my body and squeezes the fluffiness in my hand. This pillow is really warm and softer than usual.

"Ah-" a sound came out and flodded my ears.

Wait a second "Ah", pillows can't talk.

I pried my eyes open and saw that I was cuddling against a slim figure with brown hair. I quickly removed my hands and screamed falling off the bed taking another body that I didn't know was behind me to the floor. I groaned from the pain I felt by hitting the floor head first.

"Oww," the person behind me whined.

I whipped my head to look behind me and saw a raven haired beauty holding her back. Who the hell is this?!? I looked at the bed and saw the brunette sit up rubbing her eyes facing me. That definately was not Eunjung. Where's Eunjung then?

"Alex who are these women in your apartment??" she asked me from the doorway still obviously in shock.

I didn't know how to answer so I just shrugged my shoulders and shook my head. I was really drunk last night to be completely honest with you. I had just lost my first job at Hwang Visual Media, so naturally I turned to the bottle with my depression.

"How do you not ing know?!?" she shrilled again.

" can you please stop shouting, I have like the biggesest headache right now and your not helping Jungie-ah," I whined.

I looked at the two girls who were now fully awake.

"Who are you two and I know this is gonna sound rude but why the hell are you in my house?" I questioned.

"We're your neighbors next door. Last night you knocked on our door completely drunk thinking it was your apartment so we brought you home. You wouldn't let us leave and made us your drinking buddies for the night and I think we just passed out her. Mianhae my memory is a little fuzzy after that," The raven haired girl said still rubbing your side.

"You forced these poor girls to take care of you, when you could of called me," Eunjung stated crossing her arms looking upset.

"Sorry Jungie-ah. Forgive me," I pleaded.

She rolled her eyes and said, "I'll make hangover soup for you girls as thanks for keeping this idiot company."

I watched her disappear back into the halway.

"So what's you girl's name since we basically became drinking buddies?" I asked standing up.

"My name is Momo and the girl behind you is Sana," The brunette said getting out of the bed.

"Nice to meet the both of you, sorry for causing you trouble." I aplogised.

"My name is Alex Bae, let's continue to get along," I introduced myself.

Those names sound really familiar. Maybe their common but they don't sound like typical korean names. Perhaps foreign?