Chapter 1

Flower Boy Librarian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         It’s been one hour since she started swirling around the high bookshelves, but she was unable to find the book she desired. When her legs felt numb and she was exhausted, she leaned on the side of the bookshelf.  A frown appeared on her face, she didn’t feel shy to pout, even if people might have been watching. She was too focused and annoyed, because she’s never lucky when it’s about finding the books she needs. So Eun wanted to ask for help, but everyone seems so busy to find their own, thus she decided to not disturb them.

         “I’m so tired”, So Eun muttered to herself, frustrated and hopeless. She stared again at her sticky note, to verify the title and the author of the book. She decided to try one more time, with the same result.  Annoyed, So Eun was about to give up when she saw a tall and handsome man walking towards her, pushing the book cart. With just one glance, she knew he is one of the librarians. He started to check book IDs one by one and put them back to their place.

         “Um, excuse me…” So Eun asked while the man was busy tidying the book. He turned around and gazed at her with indifference. “May I ask you a favor? “ So Eun continued, trying her best to be friendly with him. The man didn’t reply, and kept his calm expression while looking at her. It seemed that he was disinterested.

         “Um, here! “, she showed him the note. So Eun insisted:  “I’ve been looking for this book for hours, but I can’t find it. Please, help me!”  The man looked at her note, and quietly continued his activity. “Excuse me; maybe you don’t understand Korean language? I’m just asking you for a favor! “So Eun added, irritated by his cold behavior. With his deep and manly voice, he said that others are able to find their book by themselves, annoying her even more.

          “I know, but I already told you I searched one hour for it and I haven’t managed to find it! Can’t you even help me? You work there though!” continued So Eun. He coldly explained, avoiding her eyes, that his job isn’t finding the books but caring for them.

“This book is certainly around this bookshelf and you can fiind it easily while tidying up the books” So Eun added, trying to argue with the handsome librarian. This time, the tall  man turned his head and stared blankly at her.

 

          Seeing this, So Eun became teary-eyed and let out her frustration: ” Please, help me, I really need to find this book, my life is at stake because of it ! If I can’t find it, I will be unable to complete my assignment! As a result, I will be expelled from my faculty. I’ve been so busy doing my part time job while studying to pay my dorm rent! It is my dream to graduate from this faculty, so I can’t quit, right? Please! “ 

      

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter