Chapter 2

Flower Boy Librarian
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

        Three days after she finished the assignment she borrowed the book for, So Eun came back to return it. She went straight to the admin, the person she should hand the book to.  The woman is surprised to discover it’s the same person she hoped she won’t meet again, the jerk. When she saw him lying in his admin chair, she pouted. Hyuk Soo was immersed in reading a book. The glasses he was wearing made him appear more handsome than before.

          So Eun slowly approached him and put the book on the table, trying to not look at him or act annoyed in front of him. Soon, Hyuk Soo realized that someone came to return a book. He tilted his head, and changed its direction towards the customer. When he saw So Eun in front of him, awkwardly trying to avoid eye contact, he smiled.

          “I came to return the book I borrowed.” So Eun stated. Without saying a word, Hyuk Soo took it, checked the book’s ID and So Eun’s ID on computer. He quickly resumed his reading after finishing his duty, but So Eun was still standing there, in front of his desk and was now gazing at the front cover. It sparked her curiosity in an instant.

         “You’re interested in fashion, aren’t you?” So Eun asked the young and quiet librarian. Well, she never thought he looked like someone who would be interested in fashion, but after looking closer and him, she realized he is fashionable. The clothes he carefully chose made him appear charismatic and different. Even more, the guy in front of her had the figure of a top model, being tall with a handsome face. When So Eun figured that the guy in front of her was extremely attractive, her jaw dropped and she could think only “why on earth have I not realized it before?”

           Hyuk Soo lifted his head again and gazed at her lazily, blurting out “You’re still here?” to So Eun. All the awe on her face disappeared instantly and now she was really annoyed at him. The aspiring actress turned around and walked away from the librarian, cursing him in her heart for his comportment. Having seen the change in her expression, Hyuk Soo chuckled to himself and followed So Eun with his gaze, before returning to the book he was reading.

           So Eun decided it’s for the best to spend her spare time reading another interesting book. She chose one from the art bookshelf, and sat on a chair, in silence. She wished the book would be able to shoo away the bad mood caused by Hyuk Soo’s coldness. But after the first page, she couldn’t resist the temptation and looked at him, who was focused on his subject of interest.

          She leaned her head on her right hand and wondered why he would choose to be a librarian when he could easily find a job as fashion model.

           Few minutes later, a girl approached Hyuk Soo. She also held a paper note in her hand, just like So Eun did. The girl shyly approached the librarian and So Eun began to observe them, out of curiosity. She wanted to see if the girl will be treated coldly by him like she was.

           The handsome librarian looked at the newcomer and read her note, and then he accidentally looked in So Eun’s direction and caught her staring at him, which at first made So Eun feel flustered. To cover it up, she acted casually, making a “what?” with her lip, while looking at him. Hyuk Soo shook his head, stood up and showed to the other girl where she can find the book.

            The fact he helped her easily intrigued So Eun, who felt a bit jealous. Seeing Hyuk Soo going back to his chair, she pretended to read and waited to make herself sure the guy is concentrated on his fashion book. This way, she would be able to watch him in silence. After mere minutes, the story repeated with another girl.

          Some minutes later, from behind her, So Eun heard a voice whispering, so she turned her head and saw two girls who were smiling happily while holding a book each other and intensely staring at Hyuk Soo. These two girls were the ones Hyuk Soo helped previously.

         “He helped me too… ah! I can visit this library every day and ask him for help to get closer to him!” said one of the girls.

         “Which book do we need tomorrow? How abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter