Eyes Set To Kill

Reckless Serenade
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Bobby, are you sure this doesn't have alcohol in it?"

"Yeah man, of course - would I ever lie to you?"

"No, no, of course not...If you say so." 

Bobby fought hard to hide his smirk as he successfully managed to trick the Maknae, Chanwoo, into drinking Soju-laced Lemonade, unknowingly downing his fourth cocktail of the night. Bobby fully expected Yunhyeong to pay up his end of the bet - as well as help bring a trudging Chanwoo back to the dorms later on. 

Bobby and his friends were so close to being released from their Probationary period, so close to finally proving their worth in the crime scene that it was near-impossible for the iKON boys not to celebrate their coming this far. They'd lost members, investment and precious time on their journey up the YG Family ladder, and now, it was their time to shine.

As Bobby watched the party unfold before his eyes, he couldn't wait to take on the world that the Family had spent so much time and energy preparing their group for. Rumours of their new team had been circulating around the crime scene for some time now; not enough to cause a stir, but enough to arouse suspicion and make rivals and allies aware of their presence. Sure Bobby and B.I. had been sent out on solo missions, (Bobby already a well-known name on the scene) but now he wanted to shine as part of the Family's next biggest team. A team that would take the Crime World by storm.

"I feel like dancing!" 

And then Bobby was brought back into the real world - the world where he and his team were really just a bunch of goofballs.

"Chanwoo, do you need some water?" Donhyuk placed a hand on Chanwoo's shoulder as he began to sway horrendously out of time to the music.

Bobby concealed his laughter. Chanwoo grinned at Donghyuk, "I've had some lemonade - it's a sugar rush, that's all! Let's go dance!" And with that, Chanwoo dragged a very confused-looking Donghyuk into the crowded dance space, not sparing a second for argument or protest. 

"Why the long face?" B.I. asked as he appeared besides Bobby.

Bobby chuckled, fiddling with his Phantom of the Opera-style, white, half-faced mask, "Apparently it's my resting -face." 

"Oh please," Junhoe interjected, "Having one of those is my job." before taking a sip of his drink. 

"I'm serious though, man," B.I. rested a hand on Bobby's shoulder, a best friend's concern on his face rather than a leader's, "What's on your mind?"

Bobby sighed, his shoulders tense and his expression perplexed, "How long have we all been preparing for this now? Five years? Some of us longer?"

"Yeah, so what," Junhoe shrugged, his brutal honesty shining through as per, "It's paying off. We're nearly done with being Trainees, Probation - we can finally make our own name."

"Well that's just the point," Bobby sighed, leaning on the railings as the party in front of him and his friends raged on without constraint, "What if all of that hasn't prepared us for what's out there?"

B.I. sighed, "This is a different side to you Bobby, usually it's shoot first then think,"

Bobby chuckled ruefully at the truth in the statement, "I don't know. I guess it's- it's just that I enjoyed the shelter of being a Trainee a bit too much at the time. But now I think about it, I can't wait to make a name for ourselves. I might actually be able to bring my family over here... But what if it's all harder than we thought it'd be?"

The boys went silent with thought at the realisation of Bobby's fears. Ever since they'd been informed that they'd be Covering WINNER at their public appearence, Bobby had been torn with an apprehension that the boys couldn't understand. Yet now he talked about it, they understood a little too well. Just as easy as their rise to criminal fame seemed inside their minds, twice as easy was the downfall that they all risked. Could all those years' worth of training go to waste so easily? 

"Look," Bobby sighed, no longer wanting to rest on his anxieties, "Let's enjoy ourselves whilst we can, okay? I mean, it's not all the time our missions are conveniently placed at one of Seoul's biggest events of the year, right?"

B.I. gave his best friend a pat on the back in approval, "That's what I'm talking about!"

"I think Yunhyeong and Jinhwan are enjoying themselves a bit too much come to think of it..." Junhoe pointed out the two boys, who were hanging around where two masked waitresses stood behind the bar as they attempted to flirt with them. Bobby, B.I. and Junhoe moved towards where the bar the staff were stationed at, their ears peeled for the moment that their friends managed to embarrass themselves in front of the pretty girls.

"I'm just so exotic-looking, don't you agree?" Yunhyeong had burst out with at one point, the black-masked girl nodding and along and agreeing with his statements sarcastically. Bobby could see the attraction in the girl with her elegant feautres and charisma - but it was the bracelet on her wrist that made him stir ever so slightly. He could've sworn he'd seen a certain Family Crest with the letter 'S' in silver...

But the failure of Jinhwan's chat-up lines was what drew Bobby's attention away from the mysterious bar-maid. B.I. burst out laughing next to him, and Bobby watched with amusement as the girl Jinhwan spoke to tore him apart on the spot.

"I've got four part-time jobs, a college scholarship to defend, a family to help feed, a mid-term paper on technological advances to hand in, six computers to repair and a satellite dish to install - do I really sound like the type of girl who has time to give you my name? Let alone go on a date?"

Jinhwan gulped and showed slight fear in his eyes, "I was- was just-"

"Being polite?" The girl mocked, her voice getting louder and louder with anger, "That's what the last guy said to me before took me to a DVD-Bang!"

Bobby and B.I. doubled over in laughter, their insides tensing and their faces creasing up up at the girl's effortless put-down of their friend. Bobby couldn't deny the girl's story was hilariously-tragic, but he also felt bad for the embarrassment evident on Jinhwan's face. It wasn't often that Jinhwan would work the courage to talk to a girl, so Bobby applauded his effort. He'd never let his friend forget it however.

Junhoe spat his drink out, his laughter loud and obvious even over the sound of the music, "I can't deal w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter