Passion

Shorter Than Baekhyun's Dingaling

genre: fluff, angst

rate: g

summary: passion, that's all jongin needs. (and kyungsoo)

 

passion.

it's said that you can get anywhere with a little passion.

Kim Jongin believed it, so he worked. he practiced, and through passion, he achieved his dream.

where he stands on a stage with people he adores among fans he adores just as much, to dance in front of an audience that watch him as if he were a god, to be seen as a role model, to be loved by all, known by many.

but, sometimes passion isn't enough.

the dread of knowing that his leg was a mess sent him into a panic. a hysterical cry breaking from his lips as he's told over and over again that he wouldn't be able to dance at the upcoming concert. there are tears in his eyes, pain shooting up his leg but he stares at his manager, hoping and begging with passion.

Jongin goes on stage with crutches, biting his inner cheek to keep in the tears, because he can feel the disappointment radiating from the audience, he can feel the stress oozing from s, he can feel all his hope, his energy, his passion slowly drain from his system as he hangs his head low, singing line after line in a chair a few feet away.

Kyungsoo rests a warm hand over his shoulder, and he feels himself hiding a smile as the latter helps him with his chair, hoisting him up.

and that's when he remembers --

passion did get him something.

a loving and caring boyfriend with hands as warm as the sun, as caring and loving as anything he's ever known.

Jongin loves Kyungsoo with a passion, and it was repaid.

even if he finds himself in a wheelchair and crutches, many months later at yet another concert, he feels dread, misery, hopelessness,

but when Kyungsoo ruffles his hair softly before they go on stage, cupping his face in his hands and pressing a chaste kiss to the latter's lips, Jongin keeps the passion and love close to his heart --

because it's worth it.

“it's gonna be ok sweetheart. that leg of yours will heal up just fine, so don't stress. everyone cares and they love you even if you can't dance, the fans don't love you because you can dance, nor because you can sing. they love you because you're Kim Jongin.”

the screams are deafening in his ears as he clutches the crutches, closing his eyes as Kyungsoo wipes away the tears.

“I love you because you're Kim jongin, and even if you were completely paralyzed, I'd still love you, so don't cry ok? let me see the passion in those pretty eyes of yours.”

Jongin opens his eyes, staring up at the beauty before him, who has on a goofy smile and looks blindingly beautiful against the light; against the sheets, under the moonlight, wet with sweat, full and content, sobbing with tears, angry and pouty: passion has gotten him and all the good and bad in life, and also do kyungsoo, and he was definitely worth it.

“that's my boy.”

kyungsoo leans in for another kiss,

the screams are deafening.

jongin has passion.