Spread Your Wings

Shorter Than Baekhyun's Dingaling

Genre: Angst, Romance, Fluff

Rate: PG-13

Summary: If it has wings, let it fly, if it loves you, it'll fly back.

 

 

You would've thought that angels would be invincible. That they'd surpass everything and anything.

That wasn't the case unfortunately, at least as far as Kyungsoo could see.

“are you alright.”

It comes out as a whisper but the latter looks up slowly, gracefully, sniffling in a childish matter as his wings spread to wrap around his nimble frame.

Stereotypes show snow white skin and wide eyes, smiles that can raise the dead, voices to soothe the weakest soul.

But before him was sunkissed skin, almond eyes and pouty lips, the latter doesn't speak but instead winces.

Nonetheless Kyungsoo feels his heart twist, break and mend all at the same time.

“Do you need help?”

And the angel scoots closer to the sole tree in the vast field where Kyungsoo has ran to escape world; wings caving into his body, creating a wall between them.

“don't hurt me.”

Is what he hears instead, it's muffled due to the wall of wings but it's a nasally sound that sends shivers through Kyungsoo and makes his toes curl in his worn out sneakers.

“I wont.”

The angel peaks between his wings, and Kyungsoo finally notices the crimson marking the inside, the feathers there clumped together.

“promise?”

Kyungsoo smiles and the latter smiles back, almond eyes squinting and pearly whites gleaming.

“I promise.”

This is how Kyungsoo falls in love with an angel name Kai.

 

 

 

 

It takes weeks but Kai finally allows Kyungsoo to touch him. He has brought the angel into his home, right on the edge of a little village, where the latter can take time to heal.

They sit outside, the horizon turning into different shades as time passes by, Kyungsoo runs delicate fingers through the feathers he's grown to love.

Kai leans into his touch, wings fluttering slightly when Kyungsoo presses to rub soothing circles into the latter's back.

They've grown into a routine over the past months, where Kai would stay and rest, often stepping over rough patches of grass to watch green sprout between his toes.

Everywhere Kai goes he brings life, and eventually, Kyungsoo finds himself smiling genuinely, unlike when his parents past away, leaving him and the colored skies.

He can watch the colored skies with Kai.

But there's something tight in the air that claws at his heart, something that none of them have mentioned, though Kai looks ready.

“Soo.”

Kyungsoo's fingers stop and he crawls from behind Kai to face him.

Kai pats the spot between his legs and Kyungsoo crawls in between.

Cold backs rest against warm chests.

“What is it Kai?”

It's silent, and it isn't the comfortable one that the two have grown accustomed too, where Kai would walk in front of the porch, brushing fingers over flowers and watching them blossom while Kyungsoo sat and watched.

“I have to go.”

And Kyungsoo is already crying, albeit silently. Kai wraps his once feeble arms around his shaking figure, pressing a soft kiss to to his temple.

“no,” Kyungsoo knows it's useless to fight. “no,no,no you can't leave me! I dont- I don't want to be alone, please you-”

Kyungsoo now faces him, arms wrapping around Kai, holding desperately onto his neck as the wings behind him flutter and surround them.

“I don't want to be alone again, please, I-”

Kai only smiles, Kyungsoo is a wreck.

But the next words catch both of them off guard.

“I love you,” is all Kyungsoo says.

“No you don’t.”

Kai shakes his head and closes his eyes as sobs wracking Kyungsoo's form.

“You don't love me, you're just lonely.”

And maybe Kyungsoo is, maybe he is lonely, but he knows that what he feels for Kai claws at his heart, like he's all bridge of some sort leading him to the right path.

“but I love you…”

“we don't belong together, not here, not now.”

Kyungsoo doesn't understand, but he doesn't have to when Kai kisses the corner of his mouth, a sligh5 brush of the lips.

“here,” he says, and Kyungsoo has stopped crying but sniffles instead, and now the tables are turned, with Kyungsoo helpless instead of kai, but hasn't it always been this way?

“you feel this?”

Kai tugs and Kyungsoo winces, looking down at his heart where a red string is lined, stringing down the porch through the grass stringed off into the distance.

Kyungsoo nods, Kai smiles.

“for helping me, here is a gift.”

Kyungsoo is confused.

“everyday when the clock strikes 6, your string will glow.”

“Why will it glow?”

“it will lead you to who you belong too.”

Kai rises from his spot and Kyungsoo slides down onto the porch, hands together with the angel’s.

And Kai kisses the back of Kyungsoo's hand, wings flapping and all Kyungsoo hears is the rustling of wings before Kai takes flight, disappearing into the colored skies.

“you'll find him.”

Kyungsoo cries and cries and cries, holding the string which were glow dies down as the hour passes.

 

 

 

 

On the other end a boy watches as an angel takes flight, ruffling his hair as the latter watches with a stoic face.

“see ya jongin, thanks for all your help!”

Jongin holds the string and tugs.

 

 

 

 

In heaven, two angels meet and watch as the red string dissipates until the next time.

“I missed you kai.”

“I missed you d.o.”

They watch from the clouds, hands clasped together as the soul mates from the ground struggle to find one another.

“a job well done don't you think?” Kai smiles and Kyungsoo laughs.

“You hurt yourself you idiot.”

“but now they'll find each other just like we did.”

“Just like we did.”

They share a kiss.


but i lowkey wanted the whole angel soo and kai interaction but angel kai is cute

basically when two angel's fall in love, they go down to earth to help a human find his/her soulmate to share the happiness of their love lol its lame i know