Chapter 13

Between Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Back on Friday as promised! I hope you all enjoy. I may have a double update for you ;)

 

Chapter 13

Taekwoon

    After hearing Hakyeon asking what were doing out alone together. I began to question my own actions. Why did I want to spend so much time with him? What was it about him that made me smile so much more than I did normally? Even my sisters had noticed a change in my attitude.

It was uncommon for me to be the one to ask someone to go out. I was described as laid back. I was more than happy to let other people lead. Hakyeon had started to make me selfish. My reserved demeanor was cracking and falling apart.

I had answered that we were indeed on a date. I wanted to see Hakyeon's expression. How was he responding? I felt my cheeks begin to burn and once again hid my face.

"Taekwoon?" I turned to look at Hakyeon. "Let's go into that shop." He extended his arm and pointed at a candy shop. Rikulama was plastered all over the widows and on several displays, as well as the Line characters, Sally and Brown. When I looked back at Hakyeon he was watching me, his eyes were eager. I nodded once.

Hakyeon grabbed my hand and began to pull me along with him. I let a small smile play on my lips as he started to drag me to the store "Cute." I kept finding Hakyeon cute. Sometimes I found Hongbin, & Ravi cute as well, but they didn't make my heart race the same way.

We came to a crosswalk but Hakyeon didn't slow down. He seemed to have blinders on as he raced toward the shop.  Seeing an oncoming car, I planted my feet and twisted my arm in his grasp, I was the one holding him. I pulled forcefully and he tumbled back into my arms.

I held him close to my chest. My heart was racing. The car flew past us blaring their horn at us. I felt Hakyeon tremble in my arms. I pulled him away from my chest, and lowered my head so I could meet his eyes. "Are you ok?" Hakyeon still looked terrified, but nodded. I nodded in return and pulled him back into my arms and held him tight. After a brief moment of hesitation I felt his arms slid around my waist.

We stood like that for a while. I leaned back against the pole for the traffic light, and rubbed small circles on his back. Occasionally, I would say a soothing word or two, "everything is ok," or "I am here." My heart slowed, no longer racing, it fell into a steady rhythm. It was comfortable. Normally I didn't not like someone in my personal space, but oddly Hakyeon had come to feel like an extension of my own body rather than a separate person.

His phone rang, pulling us from the moment. He reached into his pocket and pulled it out. Reading the screen he stated, "It's my mom. It's starting to get late we should probably go."

I nodded in agreement, and tried to hide the disappointment on my face.

What Hakyeon did next surprised. He ignored the call, and returned the phone to his pocket. "Thank you for inviting me out. I had a great him." I nodded and turned to press the button so he could cross the street. As soon as the light changed, he gave me a small wave and started walking away. He stopped and stood in the middle of the crosswalk. I started to step forward, very worried as to why he stopped.

Hakyeon bobbed in place for a moment before turning on the ball of his foot the run back to me. He placed the palm of both hands on my chest and rose up on his toes to press his lips against mine for a brief moment. He pulled back and at his lips. "Thanks again." He his heel and ran across the street as the light began to change. He reached the other side safely and turned back to wave at me. I rose one hand to my lips and the other in the air to return his wave. What was happening to me?

 

Hakyeon

When I arrived at school the next day, I was a mess. My nerves had me jumping at everything. I really wanted to see Taekwoon again, but I did not know how he would react to my impulsive kiss from the day before. At first, i did not know how I was going to react to it. I replayed the kiss over and over again in my head. His lips were soft and warm. They seemed to fit perfectly with mine. My heart began to pound as I neared the lockers. I held my breath and exhaled a sigh of relief when I saw that he was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter