Chapter 3

Between Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3

 

Taekwoon

        I was confused and a little alarmed to see Hakyeon running away from me. After seeing that he had taken the lead role, I was little shocked, but not really offended. Peter Pan is a very lively character, and what I had seen of Hakyeon he would be better suited to the lively role. Being captain Hook, on the other hand would give me a new opportunity to grow. I had never had to play the villain before, and the idea of being a pirate did fascinate my inner child.

        I started walking toward Hakyeon to congratulate him on the role and tell him that I look forward to working with him. Seeing him take off, I followed after him at a slower rate. After walking through the door I saw that he was gone. I shrugged and went down the hallway filled with club rooms. Occasionally poking my head in to look for Hakyeon.

        I ended up making my way to the gym to shoot hoops and review all I knew about Captain Hook. Wonsik and Hongbin found me there a little while later. Hongbin immediately stole the ball and went in for a lay-up. I let him and went to get a drink of water.

    "So are you mad that Hakyeon is playing Peter?" Wonsik asked earning a glare from Hongbin. I shook my head no. "Good. I mean, you get to play captain Hook. Yeah, I guess Peter Pan technically wins, but I always preferred Hook, even as a kid I mean what kind of pirate is nice?" He continued. I wiped lazily at my forehead with a towel, and threw it into my duffle bag, and set down the water nearby.

        Hongbin laughed at his friends rant and passed me the ball. "Wanna play a little? It should help you get your mind off the musical?”

        I conceded, and played one on one with Hongbin. The day turned to night and everyone began to leave to school. I said goodbye to Hongbin and Wonsik. stopping by the classroom, i noticed that Hakyeon's bag was still inside the room. Walking inside, I found the same ink covered pencil pouch as this morning, Inside were a few fragmented pins. I studied the pouches simple design, feeling guilty that Wonsik’s carelessness had caused this mess. When I found his phone sitting on his desk under a few papers with Hakyeon’s neat handwriting, I became a little worried. Hakyeon and I had been in the same class for all three years, and he always had his phone with him, not even leaving it behind for short trips to the restroom.

        I returned everything to his bag and started to make my way to each of the restrooms in the school, finding them all empty, I stopped to the teacher's lounge, also empty. I checked every classroom and club room, eventually even checking closets. He was nowhere to be found. I figured he would need to return eventually. I sent a quick text message to my mother to let her know I would be a little late this evening and sat down at my desk to wait for the dark skinned boy who had gained my interest.

 

Hakyeon

        I woke startled to find Taekwoon standing in front of me. "Why are you here?" He asked his voice gruff.  For a moment, I thought I had fallen asleep in class but seeing the unfamiliar room covered with rich mahogany furniture, I remembered how I had come to be trapped in this tower room.

        My thoughts moved a mile a minute, what was it that Hongbin had wanted me to say? "Uh, I'm running an errand, I'm supposed to have a tailor make a dress."

       Taekwoon raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Why are you lying? Do you have something to hide?" He stepped closer to the bed. I moved backward intimidated, until I lost my balance and fell. I hit the floor with a thud and a small yelp. Taewoon let out a small sort of a laugh and one side of his mouth twitched, almost like a smile.

       He rarely smiled, seeing that I could bring such a reaction to the schools prince of darkness or Ice price, made me smile back. I stood, and let out a pained laugh as I rubbed my sore backside.

He furrowed his brows, "Why are you laughing? Do you know how much trouble you are in?"

       Feeling foolishly brave I decided to mock him, "Are you only able to talk in questions?"

His eyes took on a murderous glint, "Are you sure you want to find out?" The smile left my face.

       I gulped and shook my head, "No sir." He didn't ask me another question. I started by answering his first question. "To be honest, I have no clue where I am or what I am doing here. I just want to go home. There was a closet and a knob like thing.” I ranted on, pausing only to breath. “Then I opened the door and I wasn't at the school anymore, but then I saw people that I knew." I began to gesture wildly. "I saw Hongbin first, and then there were a group of women, and then there was mention of Sanghyuk, and Wonsik," I had started pacing, but stopped and turned to face Taekwoon. "No one said anything about you being here." Looking him up and down I questioned, "What are you anyway? The leader of the king’s guard? Wait no, Hongbin said the King passed away. Would it be the Prince's guard? or still the King's guard?"

       Taekwoon started laughing. I huffed and rolled my eyes, "Why are you laughing? This isn't funny."<

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter