Chapter 14

Between Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***Double Update! If you had not read chapter 13, please go back and do so now.***

 

Chapter 14

Taekwoon

Hakyeon and I enjoyed our time together, I may have laughed more that day, than I had ever done before. Hakyeon left abruptly after checking the time. He waved goodbye and ran out the door, tossing a smile over his shoulder.

After he left, I rose and started to leave as well. A glimpse of silver in the corner of my eye caught my attention. In the bench seat where Hakyeon had been sitting before was L keychain I had given to him before. From the key ring dangled a single key. I placed it in my pocket with the thought that I would return it to him tomorrow.

I left the shop with a small contented smile. Looking forward to seeing Hakyeon tomorrow.

 

Hakyeon

After leaving Taekwoon, I ran back to the school and returned to Saint Malo. This time Ravi and Ken would be going to town with me to visit Matilda. When I entered the room, I saw Ravi lying down and Ken straddling his waist. Ken was bent forward and they were kissing passionately. I turned bright red and exited the room. I stood with my back to the door and tried to catch my breath.

Everytime I closed my eyes, It was not Ken and Ravi I saw, but myself straddling Taekwoon. I did not know if I wanted to laugh or cry out of frustration, so I let out a small groan instead letting my head slam back into the door.

I inhaled deeply and then exhaled, before knocking loudly on the door. I waited a full minute before entering the room to find Ravi casually leaning against the wall, and Ken sitting on the bed with his back against the wall.

I chuckled, "Nice try, but you were totally caught. Might want to lock the door or put a sock on the door knob or something."

Ravi turned bright red starting at his ears and working down into the collar of his shirt.

Ken looked at me confused. "Why put a stocking on the door knob?"

I coughed, "Well, uh, you see, when you and someone are about to be intimate or something, you put a sock on the door so people know not to enter. It tells people that you need privacy."

"Ah! Ok, that's a good idea." Ken stated excitedly. Ravi buried his head in his heads, and groaned out his lover's name.

I chuckled again, "are you ready to go see Matilda?"

They both nodded in unison, and we started out.

 

I was happy to see Matilda, she greeted us warmly. "Hello, hello, please come in. Would you like some tea or coffee?"

We quickly went to work. Matilda had made seven different dresses for me, most in pastel shades. "Why do I need so many. I am only going to be here three days."

"Yes, well, dear you cannot wear the same dress more than once. You have a day dress and an evening gown for each day. I have also make you a sleeping gown. There are shoes and back for each dress as well. There are a few hats as well. Hats can be worn with any of the day dresses. I have also provided under garment."

A young boy came in dragging a trunk. She motioned with her left hand. "This has the shoes and hats." She motioned to the two matching trunks in the room. "One for the day gowns, the other for the evening."

Ken and Ravi were chuckling, and talking about how they each had 3 or four outfits total, yet I needed at least two a day. Changing back and forth was going to be hard.

Matilda assisted me with trying on each of the dresses. She poked and prodded and pinned at the gowns. We were there for quite a while. I began to wonder what time it would be back home. Then I began to think about Hyuk and Hongbin. I had not heard from them or about them yet today.  "Hey, Ravi, what is Hongbin doing today?"

"Ah, he is spending the day with his cousin. The prince has been avoiding having anything to do with the ball. His mother and sisters think that Hongbin balances him out." Ravi was sitting on a couch, with Ken curled up, resting his head on Ravi's lap. "I guess they do, The Prince has never been into studying or learning about his responsibilities as a king. He has always been more interested in learning about the town and the people. With Hongbin being the black sheep of his family, the two get along really well, and often snuck out together. "

"The prince sounds really interesting. If Hongbin likes him so much, then why are we trying to seduce him, can't Hongbin just talk to him about it?

"Hongbin has tried to bring it up before, but because the war is on both sides he continues. The prince strongly believes in getting even. There have been no further attacks since the princes came to power, but Hakyeon only came to power about a month ago. He has been working towards peace for longer through. Occasionally his brother would catch word of this, and throw a fit." Ravi began to run his fingers through Ken's hair. This seemed to calm him. "Ken has told me stories about Hakyeon coming to him, beaten bloody. It was his brother. His brother would beat him for trying to end the war. Isn't that crazy? What kind of family is that? If I ever laid a hand on my sister, I would never forgive myself."

He untangled his hands from Ken't hair and hung his head. "Hakyeon is older than me, but had such a hard life.  I really want to take care of him. He needs our help. I hope he finds a nice woman."

"Well, what if he doesn't want a woman?" I ventured. "I know as a ruling monarch they need to produce offspring, but what if he likes men?"

Ravi looked up at me puzzled, but thought about it for a minute. "It would not change how I think of him, of course, but it may impact the citizen's points of view. What would they do with a king with n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter