Chapter 12

Between Two Worlds
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

Hongbin (Saint Malo)

After leaving my cousin to his boring war meetings. I snuck into the servants hall and down to the small room that housed Sanghyuk when he was in Saint Malo. Throwing the door open, I found him quickly packing his knapsack “Hyuk?” He turned and looked at me with guilty eyes. “Are you leaving already?”

He turned back to his pack and nodded, “I have to. The prince needs to know about the ball right away, and N.”

I nodded in understanding, knowing that he was unable to see. I sank down into the chair at the desk.”But you just got here.” I stated feebly.

Sanghyuk paused before turning to face me. In two steps he was in front of me. He wrapped his arms around my shoulder and held me against his stomach. Gently he patted my hair. “I will be back before you know it. I will be back before the start of the ball on Friday if the prince allows.”

I sniffled and nodded. Sanghyuk placed a firm hand under my chin and lifted until our eyes met. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead, and the on my nose. Without being asked, I stood and leaned into him as his lips met mine.

Sanghyuk and I had known each other for five years. somewhere along the way we began to see each other as more than friends. There was no hint of friendship in our kiss. He ran his hand into my hair pulling gently, as he at the seam of my lips. A firmer tug at my hair had me into his mouth. He took advantage and slipped his tongue into my mouth. I wrapped my fingers in my shirt as I tried to get even closer.

With a final peck, I sighed and fell against his chest. I could hear each beat of his heart. Mine was racing in time with his. He placed one last kiss on my forehead whispering, “I will miss you.”

He grabbed his pack and left with a small wave. I returned the wave and did my best to send him off with a smile. Once he was gone, I fell onto his bed and wrapped my arms around his pillow inhaling his scent.

 

Hakyeon

    I was almost reluctant to go to Saint Malo on Tuesday. First I placed a quick call to my grandmother. I quickly made up the excuse that a friend and I were going to go to the beach for a few days, to study for exams, of course. I told her that my parents would be against it. I told her that I would call her every evening to let her know that I was still in one piece. Reluctantly she agreed.

    With that out of the way, I crept into the closet and dressed. Mentally I began to make a things I would need to bring with me, first being my cellphone. I would need to get a bag from Ravi or Ken in order bring my things with me and to keep them hidden.

    When I arrived, I found Hongbin on the bed curled into a ball around a pillow. At first I wanted to laugh. Instead I sat on the corner and gently rubbed at his back. He looked up at me with devastated eyes before throwing himself into my arms.

I continued to rub small circles on his back for a while before he sat up. “We need to work on your talent.” He stated abruptly. He wiped at his eyes, and took a deep breath before standing.

I looked at him confused. “A talent? This isn’t a beauty pageant.” It was Hongbin’s turned to look confused. I shook my head. “Nevermind. What type of talent do I need to have?”

“Needle work, Painting or drawing. Can you play an instrument or sing?”

I chuckled. “I’m a hopeless artist, and I’ve never touched a needle in my life. I guess I will have to sing.”

“I am guessing that you have never sang any of the songs that are popular here. Can you read music?” He was busy digging through a trunk, and pulled out an envelop. I nodded to say I could read music. “Good, here” He pushed the envelope into my hands. “These are the most popular songs for women to sing. It is best to memorize as many as you can. I’m positive there will be other girls who want to sing. “

I reviewed the sheet music and began to hum the notes to myself to familiarize myself with the music. Ken and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter