The little things matter the most

Tourner dans le vide

YooA P.O.V

Mimi and I look down and there Mimi the puppy is once again begging for our attention. I only now notice that I haven't taken a walk with it for quite some time.

Mimi says:

"Let's go to the park together, unnie. I'm sure that the puppy would love to play outside."

I nod my head and we dress into our jackets and put on our shoes and then we leave the apartment. Before we left I wrote a little note to HyoJung unnie however, so she won't panic once she's gonna come home.

The weather today is actually really nice, as the sun is shining and it's also not too cold. It takes quite a while until we've reached the park, since it is located a few blocks away from home.

It feels really nostalgic to be here again at the place Mimi and I met each other for the first time. This is where it all started. Actually I am very thankful that my little puppy ran away that time and Mimi found it.

Otherwise we might would've never gotten to know each other. To be honest I think that this must've been fate. Mimi and I were destined to meet each other and help each other out.

She makes me so incredibly happy and I hope that she feels the same way. Once we come by a grass field the puppy immediately starts to run around happily, while barking in joy.

Aigoo, seems like it was in need for fresh air and this walk a lot.

 

Mimi is giggling happily at the puppy's behaviour and she actually has found a little stick that she throws away and it catches it and brings it back.

This moment is almost perfect the only thing that's again missing is my voice. How I wish that I could talk to Mimi and laugh along with her. Every time I am laughing, it's just silent and no sound is escaping my lips.

Being mute really is one of the most horrible things that can happen to you. Of course, it is also very bad to not be able to walk and run and jump like Mimi.

However, she can at least talk, sing, and laugh with that beautiful voice of hers, while I'm as silent as a fish. Sometimes I feel like I am in a bubble and can't escape it.

My unnie always tries to cheer me up in such moments, but it's just not that easy. I step out of my daze by Mimi's voice that sounds very alarmed. Once I understand what she just said I know why she sounds like this.

Mimi screams out:

"Unnie, the puppy is gone! Just a short moment ago it was still around and now it is gone! I'm so sorry, unnie, it's my fault..."

I shake my head to indicate her that it wasn't her fault and we begin to look around the area for the puppy. Where can it be?

 

After searching for seemingly hours the little furball is still nowhere to be found. I am crying already, because I miss it so much and I'm scared that something bad happened to it.

Mimi takes me into a warm embrace and whispers softly:

"Don't worry, unnie. I'm sure that the puppy's gonna come back and find its way home. If it still didn't show up tomorrow we can do flyers with a picture of it and your number, arasso?"

I nod my head and smile at her thankfully. Without Mimi I honestly wouldn't know what to do in certain situations. It has already turned dark outside and so we decide to stop our search for now and make our way home.

Our walk takes quite some time and Mimi and my hands are entwined, which again sends this tingly feeling to my stomach. When I open the front door my unnie immediately comes running over to us and exclaims:

"Mimi, Yeon-yu-ah there you are! From the note you'd left me I would've thought that you'd come back before it turns dark outside. I was so worried that something has happened to you!"

I start to cry at her words and Mimi tells my unnie:

"Well, actually something did happen, unnie. The puppy ran away and we searched for it for a few hours only to come back home without it. YooA is so sad and scared that something bad might've happened to it.

It's all my fault. I played with it on a grass field and threw sticks that it catched and brought me back. However, it never returned the last stick I threw it..."

 

Mimi is now crying as well, since she is seemingly also very sad at our pet's disappearance. Unnie comes over to us and we exchange a warm group hug with each other.

HyoJung unnie tells us softly:

"It's neither of your girls fault that little Mimi ran away. Something must've happened that you maybe didn't even notice. Dogs are usually more sensitive than humans and so it could very well be that it sensed a certain danger that you didn't even realize was there and ran away, in order to protect itself from it."

A danger? This doesn't sound good at all! However, unnie is most likely right about this. Now I'm even more afraid that something might've happened to my cute little pet.

We all sit down together and eat our dinner in silence. Well, I am of course always silent, but even my unnie and Mimi don't say anything, since they are obviously just as worried as I am.

After finishing our dinner HyoJung unnie tells Mimi and I that she will do the dishes on her own. Mimi and I decide to go to bed right away, since we are very exhausted after the long search outside.

I again carry Mimi upstairs bridal style and my heart is aflutter when she asks me:

"Do you want to share a bed tonight?"

I nod my head and she smiles at me brightly at this and whispers softly:

"I'm going to protect you, unnie."

Omona, she's so sweet! Why is my heart beating so fast at her words?