Reunion

Tourner dans le vide

YooA P.O.V

I sit on the couch with HyoJung sitting next to me while Mimi's wheelchair is standing next to us and we are holding hands. HyeJin sits on a chair before us to which we actually fixed her with ropes so she can't run away.

My heart is beating faster when the door bursts open and an intimidating voice exclaims:

"This is the police speaking! Shin HyeJin you are under arrest. Tell us immediately where you brought that puppy!"

Addressed woman grins evilly and spats:

"Make me!"

She can't be serious! To my surprise my girlfriend tells her in a gentle tone:

"Unnie, please tell us where Mimi-ah is. I know that you are no bad person. You need help, unnie."

It seems like a switch was pressed in HyeJin as she suddenly starts to cry heavily and sinks down to the floor while she whispers out weakly:

"I brought her to the pet shelter at the outskirts of the city. You are right, Mimi. I deserve to be locked away and charged for what I did to you."

One of the police officers handcuffs her at this and we go over to our car. HyoJung unnie, Mimi and I get in unnie's car while HyeJin drives with the police officers.

Just why this woman did this remains a mystery to me. Is she really simply plain insane, or is there more to it? From my impression Mimi actually cares a lot for her.

I ask Mimi carefully:

"Are you okay, Mimi? HyeJin still seems to be quite important to you. Am I correct?"

Our hands are once again entwining and she answers me softly while a beautiful smile is gracing her face:

"Don't worry, unnie. I'm absolutely fine. HyeJin and I are history and you and I are the future. She is sick and she has been sick ever since I can remember. It only hurts me that it had to come this far until she finally realized it herself.

We can only hope that our little furry friend is alright."

I nod my head and lay my head on her shoulder. Soon the car stops and HyoJung unnie exclaims:

"We are there!"

 

Once unnie and I have put Mimi back in her wheelchair we altogether make our way over to the pet shelter. The police officer talks to the warden who tells him where our puppy is.

My heart is beating faster in anticipation to finally see my little furry friend again. Soon we have reached a cage in which the puppy is lying rolled together before a little dog hut.

The little animal looks clearly stressed and I feel hurt when I notice how it has already lost weight through the time we've been seperated.

The warden tells us that Mimi hasn't eaten anything from the food she offered to her and only drank water all these days. Tears are running down my cheeks at this and I call out the puppy's name:

"Mimi-ah!"

Her tiny ears immediately perk up at the sound of her name and she starts to bark happily. I giggle happily when she comes running over to us and immediately jumps on Mimi's lap.

My heart is warming at this seriously adorable sight. Those two really belong together. I will personally make sure that we will never lose our puppy again.

Mimi caresses her fur softly right behind her ears and says lovingly:

"You've been growing quite a bit, little one! Guess you're turning into a teen already, eh? I'm sure that your mommy YooA will cook you something delicious once we'll be back home. You must be very hungry, nae?"

The puppy barks in approval to Mimi's statement and now that Mimi has mentioned it I also notice that the puppy has grown quite a bit since the last time we saw her.

We leave the pet shelter again and unnie drives us home immediately. Once we have arrived home the puppy barks happily and jumps down from Mimi's lap.

She runs to the front door and impatiently waits for us to open it eager to be back home and most likely also for some nice food.

 

At the mention of food I notice that my own stomach is grumbling since I am very hungry myself. Well, I am a shikshin after all. While I prepare food for the puppy HyoJung unnie prepares dinner for us humans and the two Mimis play with each other in the livingroom.

Unnie asks me:

"Are you happy again, YeonJu-ah? It really wasn't the same without that puppy, was it?"

I nod my head in agreement and answer her:

"Yes, I am happy again, unnie. You can't imagine how relieved I am that Mimi is alright despite having lost quite some weight and still being a bit exhausted. I honestly can't imagine a life without this little furball anymore. Thank you again so much for gifting her to me, unnie. Without that dog I would've never regained back my voice and gotten to know the love of my life."

My cheeks are heating up when a familiar husky voice asks:

"My, seems like we came in just the right moment. It is such an honor to be called the love of your life, unnie. I can only say that the feeling is mutual since you are also the love of my life."

She comes rolled over to me and pulls me down on her lap which makes me squeal slightly in surprise and delight. I snuggle into her and whisper:

"I'm so happy, Mimi. Now our little family is finally complete again."

She grins at me and caresses my cheeks softly which sends comfortable shivers down my body and the familiar fluttery feeling to the pit of my stomach.

 

Once I have prepared the puppy's food we all make our way over to the kitchen and eat dinner. I am back at my previous position on Mimi's lap which is way better than any chair and we feed each other happily.

I'm confused when HyoJung unnie suddenly exclaims:

"I will do the dishes on my own today! Don't worry I won't disturb anything!"

I feel the blood rushing to my cheeks and whine out:

"Unnie, you're such a byun! Mimi and I aren't like this!"

Chuckling can be heard from the kitchen and then the door closes. My heart is beating extremely fast when Mimi looks deep into my eyes and it seems like time is freezing as only the two of us exist anymore.

It feels like sparks of electricity are rushing through my hand when Mimi takes it into hers and tells me in a serious tone while looking deeply into my eyes:

"The last days have been quite rough and we had to face a hard time but together we managed to get through it. You have teached me what it means to be loved for real and I can't imagine life without you anymore. Since I think that we are still in the earlier stage of our relationship and therefore marriage seems a bit too soon would you like to be my fiancée, YeonJu?"

Tears are rolling down my cheeks and I exclaim overjoyed:

"It would be my pleasure, Mimi! I love you more than I've ever loved anyone before and I can very well imagine getting married to you in the future."

Mimi carefully puts a beautiful ring with a little diamond on my left ringfinger and we exchange a deep loving kiss. Finally our lives are complete and our love as well.

 

 

~The end~