Chapter 4

Starting Over

(No ones POV )

 

"Annyeong" Jess' mother greeted Chaejin as they entered the dining room.

"Hey mum," the girl placed her bag down and took Chaejins and did the same. "Mum this is Chaejin, Chaejin this is my mum." she beamed happy to show that she was now happy with her new friend. The mum motioned for the two teenagers to sit down with her business colleagues. There was a mumble of greetings between everyone before they began the meal. Jess and Chaejin had as much a conversation they could with showing what they meant which they just wanted to laugh even more. They made faces to each other across the table whilst no one was looking and secretly tried to use their elders as a form of entertainment, trying to interpret hat they were saying. The mother discussed business options with her colleagues whilst marvelling at her daughters sudden turn around of feelings about the move.

It was only a few days ago she wanted to go home. Now she looks so happy. Hmm this boy seems to be the reason for her smile. Well I'm glad she found someone who makes her laugh like that. She thought

 

****

 

Jess' POV

 

The meal took longer than we had expected, me and Chaejin were having too much fun trying to be polite whilst messing around, and mum was so interested in her work that she forget about the time completely.

"We'll have to leave now, it's too late to stay any longer." mums business partner stood up after a few hours. Mum glanced at the clock on the wall.

"Ooohh" she exclaimed, "It really is late. Well I shall see you tomorrow at work." she led her guests to the door and saw them out. I heard one last goodbye before the door shut. We couldn't hold it in any longer, me and Chaejin burst into fits of giggles on the floor.

"Well I think that went well..." my mum stopped mid sentence as she returned to see the two of us on the floor, laughing. I tried to calm my giggles before looking at my mum, and when I did a saw a grin on her face,

"So your jobs doing well?" I managed, she just nodded and continued to observe our behaviour. Chaejin managed to stop his own giggles.

"Thankyou for inviting me" he smiled up at my mother, his cute smile made me smile, I couldn't have made a better best friend.

"That's okay Chaejin. But it's getting late." she said, in Korean, but I understood a bit, as she looked out the window. "Maybe you should stay here tonight I don't want you going home at this time, it's dangerous." none of this I understood, which annoyed me as I hated not knowing what people were talking about. But it was okay because my mother explained it too me as he want to ring Gunwoo too say that he was okay but was going to stay at mine for tonight.

Five minutes later Chaejin returned nodding his head. Gunwoo had said it was okay and so tonight he would be sleeping here. I grinned to myself.

"He can sleep in my room right?" my mum nodded, "It'll be like a sleepover" I squealed, I was excited. It had been a while since I had a friend over.

"Come Chaejin." I took his wrist and led him up stairs to my room.  I burst into my room and began finding some extra sheets, whilst Chaejin hesitantly stepped in. I peered up from making the makeshift bed on the floor to see Chaejin,

"Come." I pulled him inside, "you can sleep here" but knowing he couldn't understand I faked sleeping on the bed I'd just made. I heard him understand,

"Okay." he giggled, he helped me finish making the bed. I grabbed my pyjamas and headed to the bathroom.

"1 minute." I smiled, showed him my pyjamas saw him nod at me then went to change. By the time I came back he had already taken of his shirt and jeans and was laid under the covers. I blushed seeing his bare torso, he was beautiful a bit like an angel. I felt myself blush even more as I continued to look at him so I turned away quickly. I walked over to my bed and sat down, hearing him chuckle I looked back at him. He smiled sweetly.

"Night Oppa." I knelt on the floor asking for a goodnight hug.

"Goodnight Jess" he leaned towards me and I leaned into him. He felt so warm, I felt him squeeze me tighter, I smiled against his neck.

 

Seyongs POV

 

I stood behind the door, listening to my hyung on the phone.

"Okay Chaejin, stay there for tonight it will be safer than walking home at this time. Goodnight." he hung up and went to bed.

So that's where Chaejin was, at the girls house. Why was he still there? I felt relieved that Chaejin was safe but hated that he was with her.

 

Chaejins POV

 

As I held her tighter I felt her smile against my neck.

I don't know why I did it, I never realised I had this feeling. But this moment felt so perfect.

I pulled away but kept her in my arms,

And slowly leaned towards her,

Until our lips touched and I could feel her soft lips against mine as I held her in my arms.