Deal

White Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


A/N: since i'm happy that i finally got called for a job interview, i decided to spoil you with a new chapter. enjoy ^^

 

 

~TAEYEON~

 

 

“I messed up again, Taeyeon.” Taerin said, carrying the stroller and diaper bag inside. “I didn’t know where else to go, aside coming to see you.”

 

I found myself swallowing the hard lump of emotion clogging my throat. “The baby’s yours?” I knew it was utterly foolish of me to ask the obvious, but it didn’t hurt to get a confirmation. Besides, Taerin never mentioned she was pregnant.

 

“I know it's hard to believe but...Yes. The baby's mine.” Taerin verified with a heavy sigh, and I had heard neither pride nor joy in my sister’s voice. But it was understandable since Taerin wasn't the motherly type, having set her dream chasing stardom as her main priority.

 

“It wasn’t supposed to happen, Taeyeon-ah.” My twin had continued, annoyance echoing in every word. “I forgot to take a few pills… that’s all.”

 

“That’s all?” I repeated and lifted my gaze to meet Taerin’s, wondering if my sister ever thought about the consequences of her actions. Evidently she didn't and this baby was a living proof of that.

 

“You’re not gonna start lecturing me or anything, right?”

 

“No, I’m not, Taerin. You’re too old for that anymore.” I assured her, suddenly blinking away the moisture clinging to my lashes. “Omma and appa must be delighted.” I went on, and immediately caught the look of guilt flashed in my sister’s eyes.

 

“My god, Taerin. Haven’t you told them?” I asked as I followed Taerin into the living room.

 

“I...haven’t.” Taerin confessed hesitantly. Dropping into the armchair, she glanced up at me. “It’s not just omma and appa. I haven’t told anyone about this. I couldn’t…” she stopped instantaneously. “Not after what you went through with Hanbin.” She added, her voice trailing off.

 

“I see.” Softly, I responded, surprised and touched by my sister’s thoughtfulness.

 

My sight landed at my twin, noting how pale her features were, as well as the anxiety tugging at .

 

“So, tell me. What kind of mess have you gotten yourself into this time?” I asked as I lowered myself with the baby into the sofa opposite the armchair.

 

“It’s complicated…” Taerin replied, avoiding my eyes.

 

“Complicated is your middle name, Taerin. You thrived on complicated.” I added in an attempt to coax a smile from my twin.

 

Taerin did responded well, flashing me a fleeting grin. “No denying there. But this time, maybe…this time I think I’ve bitten off more than I can chew.” She concluded, a sigh escaping from between her lips.

 

I didn’t probe any further, knowing from experience it was futile to ask questions. Taerin always did things how she saw fit. Even if I was her twin, her actions sometimes were beyond understanding. I knew not to rush her. She’d maintain secrecy at the meantime, but she’ll come through and explain everything to me when she felt like it.

 

It was how Taerin was, after all.

 

“How old is the baby?” I asked as the subject of my question began to wriggle in my arms. “And if I’m not crossing the line…may I know who the father is? Is he anyone I know?”

 

“The baby was born September sixteenth.”

 

“That’s just two weeks ago. And the father?”

 

Taerin didn’t answer almost immediately. Instead she leaned back in the armchair. “His name is Kwon Jiyong. He’s not involved in the show business if that’s what you’re thinking.” She added. “Well, his mother an actress, but that doesn’t count.”

 

“Not involved in the show business? As in not a celebrity or anything right?” I commented. “Wow, such plot twist.”

 

Taerin’s grin appeared again. “There’s a first time for everything, twinnie. And for the record, he’s a lawyer.”

 

“A lawyer?!” I pretended to be shocked. “Needless to say, the world is going to end soon. How on earth did that even happen?”

 

“Our mutual friend set us up for a blind date. At first, I swore I thought he was an idol or something. He’s certainly good-looking, with gorgeous brown eyes, bad-boy aura and a wicked smile that’s very y, a pleasant treat to my sight that made my heart went deugeum deuguem rapidly.” She lapsed into silence, a smile tugging at .

 

I waited for my twin to say more, but she appeared to be in deep thought.

 

"Have you name the baby?” I finally asked, breaking Taerin’s bubbles of thought.

 

“Yes. Her name is Hayi… Kwon Hayi.” Taerin answered, her tone softening a little with sentimentality. “You liked that name, don’t you? You chose it in case Hanbin was born a girl, remember?”

 

“Oh, Taerin…You don’t have too…” I replied, touched by her consideration, despite still finding it difficult to come in term with the fact that the baby in my arms actually belonged to my sister. Marriage and children had always been on top of my life goals, but it wasn’t the situation with Taerin.

 

She was more like a butterfly, flying high freely, doing whatever she desired without giving a care about anything.

 

“Does this non-celebrity, not-in-show-business lawyer know he’s a father?”

 

“Yup, Jiyong knows.” Taerin replied. “Listen, Taeyeon. I know you have a lot of questions. But I’m a wreck and too tired to think, let alone to explain everything. What I need the most is a couple of hours uninterrupted shut-eye. And I have to admit this whole mothering routine is taking a toll on me. I’m beginning to think I’m not cut out for it. I haven’t had a decent night’s sleep since before she was born.”

 

I hid a smile, amused. “Welcome to the real world, Taerin.” I said. “Go take a nap. The bed in the spare room is always made up.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter