Hurting Her

White Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYONG’S POV

 

It was almost five-thirty when I walked through from the garage. The smell of garlic and oregano drifted towards me, the appetizing aroma making my mouth water.

 

As I strode towards the kitchen I heard the sound of someone singing. The sight of Taeyeon, dressed in a dark legging jeans and a pale blue denim shirt, waltzing around the work island carrying Hayi in her arms brought me to a halt.

 

She’d never looked more beautiful, or more desirable. Her eyes sparkled like diamonds, her cheeks were a delicate pink, her lips…ah…her lips…

 

I’d had a brief taste of heaven the night I’d kissed her, a kiss I’d been unable to erase from my memory, a kiss so sensual, so intoxicating, so wild, just the thought of it made my body taut with need.

 

Of late, I hadn’t been sleeping well, plagued by dreams of Taeyeon, of kissing her, of making passionate love to her. Dreams so vivid I’d awakened each morning in a tangle of sheets, my arms empty, my heart aching.

 

“Is this a private party or anyone can join in?” I asked, keeping my tone light and trying to ignore the desire clawing at my insides.

 

 

 

TAEYEON’S POV

 

At the sound of Jiyong’s deep, resonant voice, I stopped dancing and my heart slammed against my rib cage in startled reaction. It was all I could do to keep my my smile pinned firmly in place.

 

I turned to greet him, “Hi. We didn’t hear you come in.” I said, hoping he wouldn’t notice the color seeping into my cheeks. “I was showing Hayi how to waltz.” I explained a little breathlessly.

 

Jiyong smiled. “Don’t you think she’s a bit too young for dancing lessons? Shouldn’t she learn how to walk first?”

 

The glint of amusement in Jiyong’s eyes sent my blood sprinting through my veins, reawakening needs I’d all but forgotten.

 

Fearful Jiyong would see the longing in my eyes, I turned back to Hayi. “You enjoyed your dancing lesson, didn’t you, sweetheart?” I asked the baby, who smiled and gurgled in respons.

 

Jiyong laughed. “Do you know, I’ve always wanted to learn to waltz. Maybe you’d like to teach me a step or two.”

 

I felt my mouth go dry at his suggestion. The thought of being held in Jiyong’s arms, our bodies touching, did strange things to my insides.

 

“Sorry, dance class is over for today” I said, a faint huskiness in my voice. “Here….could you put Hayi in her cuddle seat while I get dinner on the table?”

 

A few minutes later, I serve up two steaming plates of spaghetti, together with a green salad and garlic bread.

 

“This sauce is delicious. I’m curious. Where did you learn to cook?’

 

“My mother taught us when we were growing up.”

 

“Your mother taught you and Erica to cook?”

 

“Well, that was the whole idea. But while Erica did make an effort, she wasn’t interested in anything unless it had to do with singing or performing.”

 

“Having twins must have been hard on your mother. I know how much work one baby is.” He added, flashing a smile at Hayi, who was waving a rattle.

 

“My father helped a lot. But my mother did complain now and then about us being a bit of a handful, especially Erica. She was much more adventurous, sometimes reckless…” I ground to a halt.

 

“Taeyeon, I’m sorry.” Jiyong said.

 

“No…it’s alright.” I assured him, summoning a smile. “It makes me feel sad even though she was my sister, my twin, we weren’t actually close as I’d have liked.”

 

“She was always eager to try new things, and got rather impatient with me when I wouldn’t go along with her.”

 

“I could never quite understand why she wanted to be a singer.” I continued. “After we graduated from high school, we drifted apart. I guess I should have been more supportive, kept in closer touch with her…tried harder…” my voice cracked.

 

“You’re being too hard on yourself.” Jiyong said softly. “You weren’t responsible for what Erica chose to do with her life. She knew what she wanted and she went after itm and while her priorities might have been different than yours or mine give her credit for having the courage and determination to follow her dream.”

 

Jiyong was being both kind and forgiving and again I was left with the impression he’d been willing to take Taerin back, to work out their differences, in order to keep their family intact.

 

Suddenly Hayi let out a frustrated cry and Jiyong who’d finished eating turned to her daughter.

 

“I think this little princess is trying to tell me it’s time for her bath.” Jiyong said as he bent to lift Hayi from the cuddle seat. “You want your bath, don’t you? Nowm where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter