Untitled [GyuHao]

Seventeen drabbles and one-shots

This was written by request of an anonymous tumblr user. Thought I'd post it here as well.


It’s 11 PM and Mingyu is exhausted as he steps through the doorway to his dorm room. His head is filled with new timetables and essay deadlines and how the hell he’s going to work his part time job into the equation because he desperately needs the money. He hasn’t even noticed Minghao casually greeting him from his side of the room, he’s too pre-occupied with the seductive pull of his own bed. Just as his face is hitting the mattress something large and soft thwacks in him in the back and makes him groan pathetically.

“Don’t be such a baby, Gyu.” Minghao scoffs from his own bed. “Take off your shoes before you get into bed you slob. I just washed your sheets as well.”

Mingyu groans again and breathes in his bedsheets. Minghao had washed them.

“You’re an angel, Hao. Have I ever told you that?”

He sits up and removes his shoes, placing them neatly half under his bed. Minghao moves to get his pillow back before tugging at Mingyu’s coat. He gets the hint and lets the other boy remove it  and fold it gently onto the back of Mingyu’s chair.

Minghao sighs softly and ruffles Mingyu’s hair affectionately.

“No you haven’t, and yes I am an angel thank you very much. I know you hate mess so I thought I’d help you out since I was going out to wash my own sheets anyway.”

He’s about to go back to his own bed when Mingyu grabs his wrist gently and smiles.

“You’re the actual best. I love you, bro. The actual best of all humans. A diamond geezer. A real top notch dude. A-”

“Yeah, yeah I get it. Love you too. Now get the to sleep, you look like you’ve been wrestling your lectures for a week, literally. And it’s only the first day back.”

“Yes, mother. May I go brush my teeth first?”

Minghao’s mouth curves into a gentle smile as he grabs Mingyu’s towel from the chair and hands it to the boy. “Well, I suppose. Just this once.”

As Mingyu brushes his teeth in the gross communal bathrooms it occurs to him how lucky he is in having Minghao. The boy is his best friend, his best person in the whole entire world. They take care of each other, they keep each other grounded, their dorm room is a safe haven just for the two of them. Mingyu can alwaysalwaysalways depend on Minghao and that’s what really keeps him warm on the coldest winter nights when their ty electric heater fails to co-operate.

Minghao is the reason he hasn’t given up on pursuing his major, or his job, or his sanity.

When he returns back to his room Minghao is already breathing calm and steady, wrapped up in his blanket like a cute little Minghao burrito and Mingyu can’t help but tiptoe up to him and press a gentle kiss into his friend’s hair. Minghao stirs and wordlessly moves to make space for Mingyu next to him, lifting the blanket as an offer. Mingyu smiles into the darkness and climbs in.

Minghao settles his head onto Mingyu’s arm and mumbles a sleepy ‘goodnight, Gyu’ before pressing the softest kiss to the skin of Mingyu’s bicep. Mingyu pulls him closer and lets Minghao’s steady breathing lull him into much needed sleep. If he whispers an extra 'I love you’ to the back of Minghao’s head, well, that’s between him and the darkness.