Chapter 19

The love that was never there
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Don't settle on a relationship that won't let you be yourself."

You have been avoiding Baekhyun for the past few days. 

You just didn't find a point to talk to him after the beach incident. He had spoiled the whole outing after being ridiculous by shouting at you for being 'close' to some guy that he assumed was 'bad'. 

You rolled your eyes at that. 

You have always been waiting for him to apologise. Maybe, through a text or something? But that didn't happen.

It just seems like he didn't care at all when you saw him and his bunch of friends walking down the hallway, laughing. You didn't know if he saw you or not, but that didn't matter. The thing is, it seems like he wasn't affected by anything at all. 

You were disappointed.

Were you the only one who couldn't fall asleep ever since the two of you quarreled at the beach? Were you the only one who kept crying over the fact that you might not be able to hang out with him ever again? It really does seems like everything was one sided. 

Your love, anger, disappointment. 

Everything, was one sided. 

Perhaps, he's finally getting what he wants. 

You, away from him. 

You told yourself that you will try. You will try to use the time now to move on. You will try to avoid him, stay away from everything that has to do with him, including his bunch of friends. The rest of them has always been very nice to you, they greet you when they see you, they ask about your condition whenever they could and it is going to hurt when you are no longer friends with them. 

But everything will be fine, you have been alone for so many years, it really wouldn't make a difference. 

Right?

The night seems even lonelier as you make your way home after getting some ice creams from the supermarket near your house. 

You tried to smile, thinking of what cartoon or variety show you should watch later to cheer yourself up but everytime you think about it, your mind will wander back to Baekhyun and everything seems to hurt again. 

It wasn't until you walk past a lamp-post that you felt someone following you. Your heart fastened. It was late at night and the supermarket was located at a secluded place where there wasn't much visitors. What's worst, you have to walk past few dark alleyways to get back home. 

You prayed silently in your heart that it was simply just someone who was heading the same way as you. If he starts approaching you, you will just fight him with a few punches that you learnt back when you were still a 10 year old kid.

You didn't care anymore.

That was until you felt someone grabbing onto your hands and you froze. 

"P-Please, leave me alone. I don't have any money for you. I-I'm not pretty too. I-I only have some ice cream, d-do you want it?" 

You heard someone chuckling behind you and you instantly turn around, recognising the same voice that you missed a lot. 

Is him. 

"B-Baekhyun?" 

Your mind went blank, you couldn't process at all. 

What was he doing at your neighbourhood? 

He scratch his neck awkwardly and walk to you. "I was with the guys and I saw you alone so I came over." 

"Why?" 

He rolled his eyes and took the bag of ice cream from you. "Is late and it's dangerous to be alone." I'm trying to protect you, id

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter