Chapter 10

The love that was never there
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The food finally arrived and Ahjumma Kim have to return back to her kitchen for some chores and cleaning up, so she left the two of you alone outside to enjoy the food. It was very quiet since the restaurant was empty at that point of time and the two of you were the only customer there. It was so silent that you could even hear the water dripping sound from the kitchen.

"L-Let's eat now." You smiled, awkwardly and quickly dig in while Baekhyun were hesitating for a split second. He look alittle uncertain and your face fell.

He must have felt uncomfortable to eat something that he hasn't seen or tried before in his entire life, so, how can you be so selfish by not putting yourself in his shoes?

After all, he comes from a rich family, a family where everything is totally different from yours.

You force a smile at him, "Baekhyun, if you really don't want to eat that, is alright, we can always find another restaurant to-" You stop talking instantly when he gave you a glare, telling you to keep quiet since he didn't say anything about leaving. Then, he gather the rice in his spoon and quickly shove it into his mouth.

You broke out in a wide grin. He's trying it. "How is it? Does it taste good?"

"Not bad." He murmured, taking in a few more bites. Once he was certain that he could eat more, he continued to try the side dishes which he haven't seen in the past before. Even if he did, he only tried food that cost more than anyone could ever afford, but now, he was eating in an old and rundown restaurant, because of you.

"Told you so." You smiled again, "Ahjumma Kim can cook really well. Is a pity that no one knows how to appreciate her cooking skills." Baekhyun turn to you and he noticed a glint of sadness in your eyes and he couldn't help, but stare at you quietly.

She's not what she seems like.

You cleared your throat and started playing with your food when you felt his eyes on you. Why is he looking at me like that? Then, he slap your hands away lightly to stop you from doing that. "Stop playing with your food and eat."

"Then you should stop staring at me like that! How am I suppose to eat peacefully when you keep staring at me with that-"

Alluring eyes of yours?

He secretly smile, teasing you further. "With that what?"

"N-nothing. Just stop s-staring at me and look s-somewhere else."

Baekhyun shrugs and turn his attention to Ahjumma Kim who was trying her best to clean off the dirt on the plates. Then, his eyes lingered back to you, "Is Ahjumma Kim someone close to you?"

"Yeah. In fact, she's the most important person in my life and of course, you come in as second." You beam cutely and his eyes narrowed, "I didn't ask you that."

"But I think you need to know." You shot him a smile as you continued, "I'm really thankful for Ahjumma Kim. If it's not for her, I wouldn't have survived until now. That's why whenever I'm free, I'll drop by to help her out. But now, I don't get to visit her that frequently anymore."

"Why?"

"She say that the street here aren't really safe and she didn't want me to risk my safety for her. So, she forbids me to come here unless I'm with someone. But since I don't really hang out that much with ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter