Chapter 18

The love that was never there
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Stars can't shine without darkness.

"Okay, so you are telling me that you sort of argued with Sooyeon because you told her to stay away from that Tae guy?" 

"Taehyung." Baekhyun muttered unhappily. It was almost absurd for him to hate on someone whom he have only met once. There's no particular reason as to why, he just simply despise whoever who holds the ownership of that name. "That's a cool name. I haven't met anyone with the name of Tae." Chanyeol commented and right after he said that, he could feel a strong glare on him. 

He quickly clear his throat and said again, "I mean, is that a name of a Disney character? How lame." 

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and look away. No matter how hard he tried to hide it, Chanyeol could instantly tell that something was wrong with him. After the beach outing that didn't end with a happy note, he was sure that Baekhyun's irritated mood must have something to do with you. 

"What are you not happy about, Baekhyun?" 

"I am not not happy." Baekhyun answered, "I'm just..I don't know. Tell me what I'm feeling, Chanyeol." 

"You are obviously upset." 

After a few moments of silence, Baekhyun finally look up and sigh.

"I guess I am." He admitted softly 

Baekhyun has always been a prideful person. He didn't know how to talk to other people about his feelings which was why people thinks he has a 'cold and arroant' personality, but that's not true. The thing he hated the most was burdening other people with his own problems but afterall, he's still a human being. No matter how outstanding he is, he has his own soft spot too. 

"Tell me everything and then, I will try my best to help you." Chanyeol encourage while snatching his teddy bear back from Baekhyun who was trying to plug the ears out. How cruel.

"Sooyeon, she's so vulnerable. She never learns. It was Chanyoung at first and now? I know I shouldn't judge that Taehyung guy so quickly, but I'm trying to protect her and when I tried to warn her to stay away from people whom she don't know, she started yelling at me for being bipolar." Baekhyun let out a frustrated sigh, "I'm going to go crazy because of her." 

"That's because Sooyeon don't know how you feel for her." Baekhyun turn to his best friend who was now lying comfortably on the bed. "You should let her know how you feel. If you don't, how else would she be able to know that all the harsh words you said to her was a sign that you actually care?"

"Is not only her, but the rest of us thinks you are crazy too. Don't act like you don't care when you obviously do, you aren't going to let her know how much you care unless you show it openly and tell her about it.  Now, she only thinks that you are being ridiculous for stopping her to make friends especially when you always try to push her away and act like you don't bother about her." 

Baekhyun's eyes slightly widened. 

Those words hit him so badly. 

Chanyeol is probably correct. Nah, he is correct. 

How could he not realise that he was indeed being bipolar? One moment, he's pushing you away and the other, he starts acting like he has the responsibility to protect you from people who he claims to be bad.  

Baekhyun look at Chanyeol, his eyes flashing a glint of gratefulness. "What do I have to do then?" 

"Apologise and tell her how you feel. You obviously like her."

Baekhyun lean back o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter