#002

Kairos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You are a brave boy, right Mingyu?”

 

The menacing smile that inched closer to him.

 

His pleas, cries and wails that went unheard in the big white room.

 

The fear as he watched the remaining distance close-

 

And, the sharp stab of pain of the pointed edge pressed into his flesh.

 

“NO!” Eyes snapping open, his sight was greeted with a blinding flash which made Mingyu squint as the blurry vision sharpened to reveal the fluorescent lights on the ceilings. A look of confusion pass his features as the male sat up quickly, his breathing a little unsteady from the nightmare he had. A wave of dizziness which hit him unexpectedly made Mingyu’s grip on his blanket tightened as a dry moan escaped his chapped lips.

 

Distracted by the dizziness, the eighteen year old attempted to make sense of his surroundings which revealed to not be the big white room he had grown used to waking up in.

 

“Ah, you’re awake. Here, drink up.”

 

The voice made Mingyu turn as he found a cup held out towards him. Eyes lifting upwards, he found a dark orange haired male smiling in his direction. Eying the kindly-looking stranger, Mingyu extended a hand to grip the cup, taking it from the stranger.

 

“What is this?” Mingyu questioned as he brought the cup near his nose, taking an inquisitive sniff at its content.

 

“You don’t have to look so suspicious, it’s just water,” Mingyu could hear the chuckle in the other’s voice as he brought the cup to his lips, downing the contents gratefully, satisfying the thirsty at the back of his throat.

 

Once the last drop of one had been cleaned of the cup, Mingyu pulled the cup away and set it by the bedside table, before asking, “So… Why am I here?”

 

The other male who had taken a seat on the spare chair beside the bed smiled as he continued, “You don’t remember? Jihoon brought you back to the academy.”

 

“Jihoon?” Mingyu repeated at the unfamiliar name mentioned, attempting to recall a face to put with the name.

 

“That... Would be me,” a familiar voice which rang out from behind him made Mingyu turn to catch sight of the familiar pink head leaning against the doorframe. A look of realisation dawned upon Mingyu as the events from two nights ago came back to him.

 

The next thing Mingyu knew, he was tugging the bed sheets off and pulling his feet towards him. Eyes staring at the soles of his feet, he felt his eyes widen significantly - they were perfectly fine, not a single wound or cut. A finger reaching out to press a tentative poke against his soles, it felt as fine as it looked and it baffled him since the last time he saw his legs they were in a utter bloody mess. Head snapping up with a look of confusion, his gaze switched between the two males before him and the silent question was immediately answered by another chuckle from the stranger.

 

“I’ve healed them, they are good as new now.”

 

“Oh- Wow. I mean, thank you!” Startled by the male’s words, Mingyu blinked before dipping his head into a bow to express his gratitude. Even bearing powers of his own, it still felt surreal to know that there had been others like himself and that he was not alone.

 

“By the way, I’m Jisoo,” The male held out a hand as he introduced himself with another charming smile, before adding with an after thought, “Joshua is fine too, if that’s easier for you.”

 

“I’m Mingyu! Thank you for taking care of me, Jisoo… Hyung?” The younger boy quickly shook the hand as names were being exchanged, the sentence ended as a question when Mingyu realise he wasn’t sure of how to address Jisoo. Seeing the older male nodding reassuring, Mingyu found himself breaking into a grin, returning Jisoo’s warm smile.

 

“Sorry to break this little get along session but the Principal wants to meet you,” Jihoon’s voice cut across sharply, the words were clearly directed towards Mingyu.

 

“Jihoon-ah, we should let Mingyu rest, he just woke up,” Jisoo interjected, the slight tip of his lips downwards showed how he disapproved of the action.

 

“I am quite sure the giant has enough rest after two days straight of rest. Besides, you need the rest more, imagine if the Academy’s healer falls ill instead,” Nodding in the direction of the youngest, Jihoon’s words made the eldest give in as he simply nodded in reluctant agreement.

 

“Let’s go, Mingyu,” The shorter male called out as he headed towards the door of the room.

 

Hearing his name, Mingyu immediately clambered off the bed only to be stopped by Jihoon’s exasperated sigh, “Wear your shoes, idiot.”

 

“Shoes?” Mingyu who was halfway the door stopped to look down at his bare feet before turning back to spy the pair of shoes resting by the side of the bed.

 

“Well, I’m sorry. I’ve gotten used to walking around barefooted, is there a problem with that?” Mingyu muttered as he slipped on the pair of shoes before jogging lightly out of the room, the door closing behind him.

 

“Yes, there is so get rid of that habit,” Jihoon waved a hand in the air, signalling the end to the meaningless conversation.

 

“He heard me...” Mingyu mumbled to himself as he trailed after the shorter male.

 

“Yes I did. So stop speaking your mind out loud, I can hear every single thing, my powers allow me to do so,” Came the reply to Mingyu’s soft mumble.

 

“You could have at least told me earlier and save me the trouble of trying to figure out,” Mingyu muttered bitterly as he stared at the orange head in front of him.

 

“Well, you didn’t ask.”  A glance backwards meeting Mingyu’s eyes and a nonchalant shrug before the older male continued to walk.        

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

 

Despite his initial nervousness, Mingyu realised that not all principals were like how books had depicted them - scary and overly unreasonable. Instead the meeting with the Academy’s Principal went pretty smoothly if one would overlook the lack of answers on Mingyu’s side.

 

And the talk with Principal Jang made Mingyu realise just how much he didn’t know about himself - who his parents were, how he got his powers and much less even his own blood type. Leaving the room with Jihoon, Mingyu felt a tang of dissatisfaction at his little knowledge of his personal matters. And what more bugged him was how he had never wondered about such questions in the past until today.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter