#003

Kairos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The other male who was sprawled out on the bed simply looked up from his laptop as he gave a lazy wave, “Hey.”

“Um- Hey…?” It was only after a moment of heavy silence between Mingyu broke it with an uncertain smile on his face.

The other who shifted himself into an upright position was now sitting with his back against the the headboard of his bed chuckled at Mingyu’s nervousness, “We’re going to be roommates, no need to be so awkward around me, I don’t bite.”

“Mhm… I guess so...” Mingyu, who was still tongue tied from the realisation that he was going to be rooming with the opponent who had nearly beheaded him in the duel moments ago, could only nod dumbly. Blinking rapidly as he pushed away the bugging thoughts, Mingyu hastily stuck out a hand as he introduced, “I’m Kim Mingyu.”

“And, I’m Jeon Wonwoo,” The other who took Mingyu’s hand into a firm shake, shot a brief smile in the other’s direction before adding, “Let’s get along well, Mingyu.”

“M-Mhm, yea. Let’s get along well.”

And after that rather awkward conversation, Wonwoo simply returned his attention back onto his laptop, with headphones over his ears, which got across to Mingyu pretty clearly - he wanted his personal space and time. With no one to talk to and nothing else to entertain himself with, Mingyu ended up heading off to bed a few hours earlier than his usual bed time.

Last evening was awkward, the meeting with his dorm mate was the perfect definition of awkwardness, Mingyu was nothing but a bundle of nervousness and awkwardness and the very thought of yesterday evening could only made him let out a long sigh.

“Anymore sighing and you will start to get wrinkles,” Jihoon who cast a sideway glance at the younger by his side, merely shook his head, “It’s only the start of the morning and you’re already sighing, what’s wrong with you?”

Eyes sliding over to look over at the ombre pink haired male, Mingyu muttered, “By any chance… Can I change roommates?”

“What kind of question is that?” Jihoon, who had officially became Mingyu’s guide for the time being until the younger is comfortable getting around the campus, raised a questioning brow at his words.

“I don’t think I can survive another day if every day is going to be as awkward as yesterday evening,” Mingyu groaned as both of them threaded their way through the crowd towards Mingyu’s classroom.

“Ah- Wonwoo-hyung,” Jihoon who paused momentarily to think before snapping his fingers when he found the name he was searching for. “He’s always like that, give him time and trust me, you won’t believe what is hiding under that emo mask of his,” Jihoon would took the liberty of comforting Mingyu to land two hard smacks on the younger’s shoulder blade.

“A-Ah- Owww, what’s that for, hyung?” Mingyu who was not expecting the slaps on his back, stumbled forward, nearly bumping into another student, turn to glare at the shorter male.

“A pat of encouragement,” Jihoon shot Mingyu yet another ‘innocent’ smile before continuing to walk.

“Ugh- Such a demon. And what do you mean he is always like that?” Mingyu who rolled his shoulders, feel the tingling sensation fade as he widened his pace to catch up with Jihoon who was slightly ahead of him.

“Well-”

“Who’s that ‘he’ both of you are talking about?” A sudden voice popped from behind the two startling Mingyu who jumped slightly at the voice.

“You shouldn’t leave us out on gossips. Come on, come on, tell us what were you two talking about.” Another voice chimed in before Mingyu caught a loud groan from Jihoon beside him.

“Go away, Soonyoung-” Jihoon muttered as he struggled the push the arm flung over his shoulder.

“I feel so loved, Jihoonie,” The ombre green-haired teenager cooed at the shorter male before jumping away quickly, narrowly missing the swat aimed at his arm.

Mingyu raised a questioning brow at the duo who had seemed to caught up in a tiff hear another voice appearing beside him, “Don’t mind them, it’s the usual lover’s spat.”

“Zip it before I do it for you, Seokmin-” Jihoon spat as he this time attempted to peel the other male who had latched onto him with a pout.

“Ah… So, they are a couple…?” Mingyu who had grown quiet for the few minutes spoke up.

“We are!”

“We aren’t-”

“Are!”

“Aren’t.”

“We are, we are, we are!”

“I swear, Kwon Soonyoung-”

“Wait! On a second thought, I don’t want to know anymore-” Mingyu who held up a hand muttered.

The two teenagers in each other’s hold looked at Mingyu before Jihoon use that momentary pause to escape from the ombre green haired male by the name of Soonyoung. Smoothing down the invisible creases on his clothes, Jihoon muttered, “That’s much better.”

“You could at least look more excited seeing me-” Soonyoung who returned the glare of the shorter male turned to look at Mingyu as he broke out into grin, “Anyways… Kwon Soonyoung’s the name, it’s nice to finally meet the new kid.”

“I’m Mingyu, it’s good to meet one of Jihoon’s friends too,” Mingyu cast a grin at the other male before returning to fist bump held out to him.

“And, I’m Seokmin, you can recognise me by my voice,” The golden brown haired male piqued from Mingyu side and offered a bright gum smile which Mingyu found himself returning.

Just when Mingyu was about to ask more, a shrill bell cut through the chattering of the corridors before the noise died down by a notch as students began to make their way back into the respective classrooms.

“Ah, the bell. We should get going before Professor comes, let’s go, Jihoon! And see you two around!” Soonyoung who had grabbed Jihoon by the arm began tugging him away from his spot. Mingyu watched two figures grow smaller with the shorter male being dragged behind and even from the little time he knew Jihoon, Mingyu could already imagine the glare he was giving to Soonyoung.

“Well my tour guide is officially gone- And I have no clue to where the hell class 3C is,” Mingyu who turned back to the folder in hand sighed exasperatedly.

“Did I hear you say class 3C?” Seokmin asked as his lips tilted up in the beginning of a grin.

“Year 3, Class C. That’s what the paper say - class 3C. Why?” Mingyu’s brow creased slightly in confusion at the sudden interest in the tone of the other male.

“Let’s get along well then,” Seokmin who threw his arm around Mingyu before pulling him towards a door not too far away.

“Eh? W-Wait-” Mingyu who was startled by the other’s action felt himself being led by Seokmin with no time to stop get away.

By then, the door had already been flung open to reveal a rather lively class behind the door, Seokmin who turned to grin at Mingyu, “Welcome to Class 3C, Mingyu.”

 

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

The bell came to a huge relief for Mingyu who fared relatively well for most of his morning classes apart from growing sleepy during the middle of his stretch of lessons. The lessons were less monstrous than he had imagine. Being schooled privately by a tutor who would visit him timely every day back in the past, Mingyu expected himself to be falling behind for his classes. Instead, it was the reverse of what he had expected, he realised he was a relatively ahead of the other students which may be a good thing but

“Is he always like that?” Mingyu asked as he leaned back against the backrest of his chair as a yawn escaped his lips.

“You mean Mr. Kim? Saying how he is prettier than all girls and dissing students instead of being an encouraging teacher? Yea, sad to say but he is,” Seokmin who had made his way over to Mingyu’s desk chuckled at the groan that left Mingyu’s lips in response to his answer.

“I swear he is the biggest narcissist I have ever seen, ” Mingyu who stood up from his seat with the chair scraping the floor grabbed his things and tossed them into the bag he carried.

“Trust me, you haven’t seen the worst,” Seokmin let out yet another hearty laugh before pushing Mingyu out of the classroom, “Come on, I’m starving, let’s get going.”

 

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

“That was food heaven, ” That was all Mingyu could utter as he stepped out of the cafeteria as he rubbed his stomach with a satisfied grin.

“You sound like a kid being starved for years,” Seokmin commented as he lifted his drink to his mouth to take another gulp at its content as the two made their way out of the cafeteria.

“I’m growing- I need the food,” Mingyu defended himself as he took another bite at the hot dog roll he had gotten in the moment of impulse. But, hey, it was good food, who could resist it?

“Like you need anymore height anyways,” Seokmin rolled his eyes before he released his grip on the empty can. Mingyu who was about to comment about littering before he watch the tin can disappear in mid air before the sound of an item being dropped into the rubbish bin was heard from slightly ahead.

“What did you just-” Mingyu looked back and forth between the rubbish bin and Seokmin who burst out into another fit of laughter, “You won’t believe me if I say magic, would you?”

“What do you take me for? A kid?” Mingyu deadpanned with an unimpressed look. At this age of the world, magic was nothing but a trick of the eye, it was pale in comparison to the actual powers wielded.

“It’s my ability - teleportation, and time travel too,” Seokmin chuckled at the look sent his way before adding with a wink, “Don’t get me angry or I’ll teleport you back into another era.”

“Neat,” Mingyu whistled at Seokmin’s powers, before he added with a grin, “Not if I can fry you crisp with my powers first.”

“Is that a challenge?” Seokmin raised a brow at Mingyu as he broke into another large competitive smile,.

“You can consider it as one,” Mingyu who chuckled when he caught sight of the classroom he was headed for - the intermediate class.

“What challenge are you two talking about?” Another voice which popped up from Mingyu’s side made the blue haired male turn to see a black-haired male who had got himself latched into the back of Seokmin with his legs wrapped tightly around the other’s waist.

“Chan- It’s great to see you? How’s little Channie doing today?” Seokmin broke into a wide smile at the voice as he twisted his neck slightly to look at the younger teen as a hand reached out to ruffle the other boy’s head lightly.

“Don’t call me little-” The black haired male protested with a pout as he jumped off the other’s back. Feeling eyes turn to look at him, Mingyu found himself casting what he hoped was a confident smile in the black-haired male’s direction.

“Hyung, introduce me to your friend,” The younger boy probed the golden browned haired male who nodded as he began, “Chan, this is Kim Mingyu, he’s my classmate. And Mingyu, this is Lee Chan, the little giant.”

“Hey Mingyu hyung,” Chan who broke into a full smile as he gave a short wave in Mingyu’s direction.

“And, tell me more about the challenge, I am alway up for a duel,” Chan continued eagerly as he walked close to the other two.

“Another time, Channie,” Seokmin who reached out to ruffled the younger’s hair chuckled before patting Mingyu on the shoulder and pushing Chan lightly forward towards the door, “Now off to class, shoo shoo.”

“Let’s go, I guess, Mingyu-hyung?” Chan who had nodded at Seokmin’s words turned to Mingyu whosehead snapped up at the sound of his name before he hastily walked towards the door that the younger had held open for him.

“See you, hyung.”

“Have fun at class, Mingyu.”

 

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

“Mingyu-sshi! Mingyu! Kim Mingyu!”

“W-What?!” Mingyu’s head shot up at his name being called as he looked around wildly to catch sight of his teacher who had walked up to his desk.

“How was your sleep?” half groggy with sleep, Mingyu could only nod at the tight smile sent his direction from the teacher as he mumbled, “Mhm, it’s good.”

That answer was enough to set off a roar of laughter which only made the the teacher fume as he stalked off the gather his materials before leaving the class stiffly while muttering a string of incomprehensible words.

“I can’t believe that you actually did that-” Chan laughed and patted Mingyu by the shoulder. Mingyu on the other hand had let his head drop as his forehead contact the table as a another groan escaped his lips, “Why… What did I just do… Why did I do that?”

“Cheer up, hyung and let’s move on to the next class,” Chan tugged at Mingyu’s arm and when Mingyu didn’t budge Chan began to whine, “Hyung we are going to be late. I never knew you are such a goody goody two shoes, hyunnggg.”

“Yah! I’m not!” Mingyu who shot up to to shoot an indignant glare at Chan who burst out into another fit of laughters.

“But you are! I mean look at you, you were sulking after Mr. Lee told you off.”

“Am not.”

“You are, and let’s get going- Get up, Giant! And how do you even get that tall, anyways?” Chan who took the chance to grab Mingyu dragged the taller male out out of his seat into the next class.

“I can walk, don’t need to drag me. And what do you mean by how I get this tall? I just eat-” Mingyu who trudged after the younger raised an inquisitive brow at the other’s question.

“You don’t say...” Chan muttered as he threw another glance in Mingyu’s direction before continue to tug the older boy in the direction the their next lecture venue.

“If eating was the reason, I would at least be taller than this.”

“ it up, kid.”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter