#007

Kairos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sudden clatter of metal hitting the floor rang out from a distance, blending in with the sharp sound of the sharp metals clashing on the screen with the two leads battling it out on a sword match.

"Doyoon...?" Eyes still glued to the intensive battle on the bright screen, Seungcheol called out distractedly.

No response.

Sensing that something wasn't right, the eldest quickly pushed himself off the sofa, the pillow in his lap falling to the floor as he moved towards the wooden door leading to the other room. 

The metal bowl of popcorn sprayed messily across the tiled flooring, the male who had offered to get the group more popcorn stood by the counter, a hand gripping the marble edge, other pressed against his head.

"Yoon!" Seungcheol called out, alarmed, as he rushed to the other's side.

The sound of muffled footsteps signalled the arrival of the rest as they peered in anxiously, the showdown of the two main leads on the television screen left forgotten behind them.

"H-Hurry," Doyoon who seemed to have calmed down and got to his senses, signalling to the rest with a trembling hand. He reached out to grasp Seungcheol’s arm, only to gasp out a few words.

"The boys-" Doyoon continued, eyes wide and shaking, "They are in danger."

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* 

Mingyu felt another jolting pain travel up his back as he collided once again with the metal walls of the wrecked room. His hands which pressed against the metal was charred from taking the repeated blows from the ability users. Reluctantly, Mingyu pushed himself back onto his twos, feeling his feet groan, threatening to collapse beneath him. He hated to admit it, but by he was nowhere as trained as his enemy was in combat or the wielding of his abilities. 

"Tired already?" A loud voice sounded, the owner of it trying to provoke his enemy. Mingyu found himself grimace at the arrogance laced in the male's tone, wishing to fry the male to crisp with his electricity. Calling for the electricity, he felt the energy gather upon his command, drawn from the wires running through the room. Pushing himself off, he sped towards the grinning male, his arm swinging back to release the ball of electricity. However, as he neared the male, Mingyu suddenly dropped his stance, dissipating the ball of electricity as his other free arm swung out to catch his enemy's abdomen. The surprise attack knocked the male flat on his back. Wasting no time, Mingyu attacked, bruised knuckles contacting the sharp jawline, another punch landed squarely on the other's cheekbone but before Mingyu could continue his flurry of attacks, he felt an invisible force kicking him backwards on his chest. Barely finding his footing on the floor, Mingyu saw a tall figure walk back towards his enemy. Takuya extended his hand to his blond-haired counterpart who was sprawled on the floor, who got up sporting a split lip and bruised cheeks which blemished his fair skin.

"Thanks, hyung."

"Can't have my cute junior dying on me, can't I?" With a wink the male was gone, leaving Mingyu to face the energy blast dude once again. 

"Quite a tough one aren't you?" The smirk was still there as he swaggered towards Mingyu, spitting a loose tooth and some blood to the ground.

"Glad to be of service," Mingyu taunted the male with a fake bow. His reply was enough to challenge the other who snorted before both sides clashed, his bright white electricity against the blinding yellow energy orbs. Looking past the male, he spied Hansol and Seungkwan dancing around the other opponents, bruised but holding up far better than he was. Thinking of how to defeat his enemy, Mingyu thought that he needed to cut off the source as to where the male was drawing energy from.

As he dodged from the moving yellow orbs, Mingy spotted his enemy’s power supply. Similar to how Mingyu extracted electricity from the building, his opponent absorbed energy from the endless supply of electricity flowing through the building. Eyes scanning his surroundings rapidly, Mingyu spotted what look like a metal box mounted on the wall with the sign 'high voltage', which was located by the door on the other end of the room. Feeling the heat of the blast skim by, hot against his face, his gaze snapped back to the blond male, "Keep your eyes on me or I'll be jealous."

Ducking down, Mingyu darted off, ignoring the taunts following him from behind as his enemy followed closely. Upon reaching the other side of the room, Mingyu drew his fist back, allowing the electricity to surround his fist before releasing it hard against the metal box. The heat of his electricity melted through the thin metal box, travelling easily past the thin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter