#005

Kairos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mingyu...”

“Five more minutes.”

“You said that exactly five minutes ago.”

“Hm, is that so? I don’t remember-”

“You don’t need to, just return it.”

“Hyuungggg, my game- How could you? I hate you, Jeon Wonwoo.”

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* 

“I can’t believe you did that, hyung,” Pouting, Mingyu flipped the glossy pages of the school magazine unhappily.

“It’s my laptop though,” Wonwoo who was now lying on his bed surfing the net commented dismissively.

“But you could have let me save my game, do you know how hard I manage to clear that dungeon? Now I have to restart the game again-” Mingyu muttered before tossing another glance at Wonwoo who gave a shrug at Mingyu’s whines.

“Save up and you have buy your own-” Wonwoo who paused momentarily to look at Mingyu before his eyes flickered back to the screen before him. 

“Yes, yes, you stingy old man,” Mingyu mumbled.

“And… It’s 4.45pm, we should get going,” Wonwoo who took a quick glance at the time by the bottom right hand corner of the screen, proceeded to close his laptop.

“No. I don’t want to,” Mingyu immediately pulled his cover over him, hiding in the cocoon of the cloth.

“Stop acting like a big baby, we need to go,” Wonwoo who had gotten off the rather comfortable position he was in bed and began to tug on the material covering the younger boy.

“You know they told me to rest- You can tell me I am still not feeling well-” Mingyu began to spout his excuses while attempting to keep the blanket over himself.

“Kim Mingyu, it has been four days- You have rested enough, played enough computer games and lazed around long enough in that bed of yours,” With an extra effort, the blanket was tugged off the younger boy.

“But...” Mingyu whined as he clutched onto the bedpost as Wonwoo began to pull him off the bed. Mingyu had dreaded the day to come where the analysis of his abilities were released and it didn’t help that it wasn’t his ability teachers who called to meet him but the principal of the school. 

“Mingyu, let’s go before I use my powers on you,” Wonwoo stared at the younger no longer amused by his stubborn resistance but Mingyu was too caught up in his own world to realise the look of disdain cast in his direction as he continued to ignore the older male.

Mingyu who mistakened the silence as Wonwoo relantal was only rudely shocked by the sharp buzzing sting slapped against his bare skin. Head lifting up, he spotted a reddened mark along his arm and his gaze immediately turned upon the older male to be greeted with what resembled a flexible cane made of flowing energy in Wonwoo's hand.

"Hyung! How could you? That hurts!"

"I gave you thirty seconds but you didn't move. Now let's go."

"No- And kiss my boo boo away-"

"With my cane? I will gladly-"

"W-W-Wait- On a second thought, let's go before we will be late."

Mingyu could only cast a dirty look at Wonwoo who was smiling widely at his little victory as the boys exited their dorm.

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:* 

Mingyu found himself in the very room he was in less than a week ago. If there was anywhere more tense with the presence of the Principal, vice-principal of ability control and his ability teachers all within the same confined area, it would be right now in the principal room.

"Mingyu, how have you been?" Mingyu's head jerked up sharply at his name only to cast a stiff smile, "I have rested well and i believe I am better now."

"Ah, that's nice to hear," Ms Jang cast another smile in Mingyu's direction as she continued, "I have taken a look at your ability report and are you aware of your second ability?"

Mingyu raised a brow at the question as he asked, "By second, are you referring to my Electro-magnekinesis or Electrokinesis powers?"

"Ah, so you do know and to answer your question, it is your Electro-magnekinesis ability," Ms Jang nodded lightly before scribbling lightly on the paper before her.

"Electro-magnekinesis is my first ability, " Mingyu clarified before he added, "I guess I just don't use it as often as electrokinesis?" 

Mingyu watched the adults exchange glances as he caught murmurs of 'interesting...', 'intriguing-' fill the room before the silent conversation came to agreement which was followed for by a series of nods before the principal turned to Mingyu once more, “Let me finish up with your report before I address the other issue. Alright, Mingyu-ssi, from what we can gather from that burst of magnetic wave, your first ability is highly potent but under poor control, are you aware of that?”

“Yes, I am” Mingyu nodded at the analysis as the principal continued, “Is there a reason to why you preferred your second ability to your first? Since from what we know of second abilities, many would prefer using their first ability.”

That question made Mingyu hesitate, he didn’t know the answer to that question, but it was nice to know that he was once again another anomaly in the trend like the sore head sticking out in the sea of people. “I-... I really don’t know, maybe it’s because I have a feeling that I may not be able to control that power so I would rather not use it.”

“Mmm… I guess that would be enough, but from now on try to use it more often and get used to using it since it will one day come in useful,” Ms Jang nodded as she placed down the pen and passed the file to the ability teachers who filed out of the room once their purpose was done.

“Now that we are finally alone- Let’s begin,” Ms Jang rested her elbows lightly on the wooden surface as she leaned in closer to the student.

“Mingyu-ssi,” the call of his name made him look up, meeting the gaze of the principal, " I have a proposal for you, hear me out before you make a decision."

Seeing the student nod, Ms Jang continued, "I am not sure if you're aware of the conflict between mutants and human, but it has only gotten worse with each year, the treaty is slowly turning into another useless signed paper when the human government began to eliminate the free roaming mutants and we suspect training a group of humans, we can be sure if they are humans or mutants brainwashed to follow them but there is an army raised with the intention of a country wipeout of mutants. So, as an academy affiliated to the mutant community, we intend to train our own group of mutants. And in this school we have hand-picked a small number to be part of this group. We see potential in your abilities and would like you to consider about joining the group."

Processing what his principal had said, Mingyu cleared his throat as he asked, "What does this group do specifically?"

"Their task is simple, they would be broken up into smaller units and each time a mission task varying from rescuing the mutant captives to gathering information and eliminating these mutant executors," Ms Jang listed before adding after a short pause, "There are certain tests that you will need to pass to be accepted into this team."

"And if I don't?" Mingyu prompted to only receive a rather dreadful answer, "If you don't? You'll have your memories of this entire encounter wiped."

Falling silent at the the principal's words, Mingyu nodded silently, the options running through his head before he looked u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter