#001

Kairos
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The male could feel the seconds tick by as he stared at the device mounted to the side of the wall. Eyebrows furrowed in concentration, even in the cool air-conditioned environment, he could feel his sweat gather by the nape of his neck, trailing down the length of his back. He remembered a cellmate across him who had attempted the suicide mission of blowing up the device to get himself out only managed to set off the alarm which only landed him in hot water.

 

‘Red… Green- Ugh, which is it?’ The male groaned as he felt the current stop at the junction leading to two wires. He could feel the electricity waver at his indecision, cutting off the wrong wire would have meant writing his ending story right then. And no way he was ever doing that.

 

Closing his eyes, he let his instincts pick the path for the electricity, channelling them to the right. The high current channelled in the single direction was enough to melt the wire and the boy quickly removed his hand as he scooted backwards, waiting. The silence which engulfed the room in a tense blanket threatened to suffocate the male he allowed a few more second of heavy silence to pass.

 

Carefully prying himself from the wall which he had unknowingly pressed himself against, Mingyu carefully made his way towards the door. Eyeing it warily, he placed a hand upon the handle and turned it.

 

“What in the world?!” The words left his lips in a hushed and agitated scream when he realised - he may have shut the device down but he definitely did not earn his access out of the room. Stepping back, the tall male eyed the door with mild annoyance, his efforts and time had just been wasted on something absolutely useless. Wonderful.

 

Just then, Mingyu registered the shiny surface of the door as a grin tugged his lips - it was metal, he could work with that. A hand held out towards the metallic door, Mingyu pushed the remaining thoughts away as he placed his concentration upon the door.

 

Remember Mingyu, it is like tearing the door down with your bare hands. Now imagine pulling the door apart-

 

He heard the sound of the metal door bending against their will in under his power, eyes fluttering open, he was greeted with the sight of the door forcefully bent on the lower half to give him an escape route out of his room.

 

It was a mad dash towards where the male had hoped was the exit. His bare feet slapping against the cool marble flooring, through the semi-darkness, the male made out the shape of the door which he gladly entered. Met with a long flight of stairs,the male barely stifled his groan before descending it as quickly as his limbs would allow. By the time Mingyu reached the first floor, he had already become a panting mess, his muscles aching slightly from the repetitive motion.

 

Hand against the door, Mingyu gave himself a short moment to catch his breath, his eyes continuously surveying the area in fear that someone may strike an ambush upon him.

 

Suddenly, a loud ear piercing wail sounded. Taking off instantaneously, he could hear the blood rushing against his ears, he could feel his heart thumping too hard, too fast for someone who had only began his escape. It wasn’t too long before the heavy footsteps announced the arrival of the guards which spurred Mingyu to run even faster than he could even imagine. His feet contacting the cold floor twice as frequently as he did initially, he sped down the  waiting area of the building, passing down the sofas and empty counters, heading towards the door located right at the end.

 

“Subject 001317 hold your hands behind your head,” the voice reverberated from behind him.

 

Like heck he was going to do as the guard say. Not now, not when he was inches away from his goal.

 

Instead, he pushed on, heading towards the exit.

 

That was when the first bullet was fired. The metallic object flew right past him, missing his ear by millimetres and propelled itself right through the glass panels. Turning around, Mingyu’s vision was greeted with an entire line of guards with guns poised as they ran towards their target which was clearly him. Pulling his vision to face forward, he concentrated on keeping his limbs moving, he may not be able to see the bullets coming at him, but he could feel them.

 

Reaching the door, Mingyu spared one more glance behind before yanking the door to stumble out into the open. Fresh crisp air rushed forward to greet him placing a small smile upon his face but it wasn’t too long when the sense of urgency surpassed, making him start his run again.

 

✧・゚:*✧・゚:* SVT ✧・゚:*✧・゚:*

 

Dressed in white shirt and slacks, calling him visible was understatement, camouflagi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter