Movie Night

above the waves

       Jeonghan hadn't experienced many things in his life that he actually had to wait for. Being an only child along with that fact that his parents were still married and happily together, meant that on a lot of levels, he got most of the things that he wanted when he wanted it. That's not to say that he was spoiled, or anything - definitely not. His parents taught him good manners, to live patiently and kindly, taught him that good things come with time. And of course, he knew these things. He valued these good lessons that he had learned in his short 16 years of life that he had experienced so far. 

       It was just putting these lessons into action is what was difficult about it. Especially in this situation. 

       The past week for Jeonghan had been moping around, trying to just breathe and go along with the day in the best way possible. He was so sick of it he could've wrapped himself into a fetal position and cried for hours, just to let the frustration out - that seemed like a brilliant idea to Jeonghan. But no, he wouldn't do that; his pride wouldn't allow him to do such a thing. Now, Jeonghan had never been a person who straight out rejected his feelings, no matter how they affected him - good or bad, he would get through them. Despite this, his pride was still something that he wanted to keep semi in relation with; maybe for no other reason than to have something to cling onto, but if that's the reason that he had, it would have to work.

       He'd been going out with his friends more, in request to his father's constant complaint of 'needing to get the young one out of the house. It'll be good for you.' Which, Jeonghan thought and had shrugged, might actually be helpful in some ways. Jeonghan had then gone with Jihoon and Mingyu to the movies a few nights after the request, only to see one of the best ranking movies in the theater. All three of them had to admit that the movie was pretty good, despite it's cliche sort of ending. Jeonghan had had fun, despite his previous protesting. 

       Upon further socialization, Jeonghan had agreed to go with Wonwoo and Seungkwan out to the local mall that Friday night. This resulted in Wonwoo being chased around by both of the other boys, laughter and yelling following them through the malls corridors. Surprisingly they didn't get kicked out, which Jeonghan was very grateful for since his family frequentely visited the mall - getting kicked out wasn't exactly something he'd want to explain to his family, definitely not. 

       Jeonghan was eternally grateful that he had the friends that he did, because he knew that some friends wouldn't be this accepting and supportive of how he was feeling, or what he was going through. Some people didn't accept others for the way that they were, and Jeonghan wanted his friends to know that he loved all of them and that he was thankful to have them in his life. Of course whenever he would mention this his friends would nod, smile and say something along the lines of 'I know, I love you too', and then move on. They knew. There was no explanation needed. 

       But for then, on that late Saturday night, Jeonghan didn't have anyone to hang out with. His friends were all busy, his parents were out; Jeonghan didn't think his life would get any more boring, but it seemed like he was wrong with his assumptions on that matter.

       Deciding that he had had enough of the silence, and enough of his self pity, he decided to put a movie on. Not exactly the most exciting thing, but it was something to keep him entertained for a while, nonetheless. 

       He had already changed into his pajamas, the ones with the colorful print that he liked so much - not to mention they were so soft and flexible that he could use them as a blanket if he wanted to. Which he did end up doing when he laid back down after putting in one of his favorite movies. Cacooning himself into a ball of the soft material, Jeonghan yawned quietly, watching the beginning credits to the now playing film on his television. 

      You're such a child, Jeonghan thought to himself, grinning slightly at the look of the animated characters running around on the screen. He mused his childish nature, basking in the nostalgia of not having a care in the world. He wished it could be that way again. 

      Things could always be worse. But things could always be better, also. 

      Jeonghan had told himself long ago to not get tangled up in drama, to not be one of those people. He didn't want his life to become a soap opera, while he just sat around and waited for his knight in shining armor to come and rescue him. That would not be the way that this story would end, Jeonghan could assure you of that. 

      Huffing to himself quietly, Jeonghan concluded that he wanted more movies and ice cream, and less stress. Not that he actually had ice cream at that moment in time, but. Details, details.

      Zoning out here and there, Jeonghan had the dwindling thought that he should probably actually go to bed and go to sleep. Yes, that is what Jeonghan would do. Standing up, albeit a bit woozy, the long haired boy made his way over to his bed, laying down comfortably. After pulling his navy blue sheets up to his chest and rubbing his eyes contently, Jeonghan started to fall into a quiet and easy slumber. 

      The slumber (and his recent tiredness) didn't last long, however, due to a sudden loud tapping on his window pane. Opening his eyes groggily, Jeonghan's point of focus went over to the west side of his room, where he could see a figure standing, knocking quietly. 

      Sudden fear ripped throughout Jeonghan's body, and suddenly he was standing, walking attentively over to the balcony's window. Opening the door quietly, Jeonghan's breath caught in his throat when he saw who was standing just a mere foot away from him.

      The taller, now nearly ginger haired boy, clad in a dark jacket with black jeans to match, looked up, catching Jeonghan's eyes wearily.

      "I need to talk to you."