Closure

above the waves

       With confessions came closure. Along with more troubles and complications for the both of them, which were honestly expected since neither of them really knew how to deal with the situation at hand. Jeonghan then knew how Jisoo felt, and Jisoo then knew how Jeonghan felt, but it was as if nothing actually changed between the two, even after they knew that their feelings towards each other were shared.

       They still felt weary around each other, both holding some sense of feigned comfortability within their friendship. Jeonghan thought that this was ridiculous, they had already confessed to the other how they felt, what was so complicated about just being together? He just wanted his best friend back, and well, if their best friend status someday escalated to a relationship status, then he'd be perfectly okay with that, too.

       With disdain, Jeonghan realized that it wouldn't be as simple as this. Jisoo needed to cooperate also, and while the younger did say that he felt the same way as Jeonghan did, Jisoo's contentment with himself was still lacking. Jisoo still wasn't completely accepting yet of who he was himself, or about how he felt towards the other male. Jeonghan completely understood this, but with the way that things were going, he couldn't see Jisoo changing his mind about things that quickly.

      Jeonghan felt that he was okay with this. Despite his own feelings towards the other, and how he wanted everything to work out quickly, he knew this wasn't exactly realistic, so he would wait as long as Jisoo needed. Jeonghan knew Jisoo, knew how the other thought and processed things; it might take a while, but it would definitely be worth it. 

       Closure, Jeonghan found, was an odd thing. Jeonghan was extremely glad that Jisoo shared his feelings, and that Jisoo felt the same way as he did. Jeonghan guessed that knowing this was better than not knowing it at all.

        When the two had first walked out of the room in Hansol's basement, they were holding hands, with still puffed cheeks and red rimmed eyes. They noticed the way that their friends lit up with happiness that the two had worked it out. Which they did, somewhat, but it wasn't as simple as simply talking it out. It could've been, it should've been, but it wasn't.

        The party took place about two weeks ago. Jeonghan and Jisoo had talked more often since then, but it was usually around their friends where they felt like they had to make some sort of peace with each other. Or make it seem like they were okay, anyway. Their friends expected that the two of them were the best of friends again, so if Jeonghan and Jisoo had to pretend that they were, then so be it.

       Anything to continue their friendship - a rocky, slowly recovering friendship, at that - but it was still a friendship that both of them latched and clung onto, for better or for worse.

       ~

       Loud conversation covered most of the table, Jeonghan's thoughts bouncing off of each other quickly, trying to keep up with the changes in conversation. There were now more people that were in their group, three new guys that Jeonghan hadn't quite caught the names of just yet. He supposed that they were okay though, since Seungcheol was talking to them steadily and enthusiastically.

       The lunch period had just began, and Jeonghan already felt better with being around his friends. The presence of someone was missing though, and when he thought about it, Jeonghan realized that Jisoo wasn't at the table with them. Jisoo was quiet, usually, much more of a listener than a talker, so it wasn't surprising that Jeonghan hadn't quite noticed that the younger was gone. He was trying to destract himself from thinking about the other, which he found that he achived pretty well up until that point.

       Yet eventually Jeonghan's curiosity got the best of him, so he glanced around the room, trying to find the other. For a moment there wasn't a sight of him, until Jeonghan's eyes went to the table in the far left of the room, sectioned off slightly from everything else. Seeing the familiar dark haired, fair skinned boy, Jeonghan's mouth curled into a grin. Despite things not being the best between the two at that moment, Jeonghan was determined that everything would work out fine between him and Jisoo. He just had to wait it out.

       Upon further expection, Jeonghan found that Jisoo wasn't alone at the table. Sitting next to him was Wendy, her light hair up in a messy yet (Jeonghan had to admit) adorable bun, her eyes crinkled with happiness as she laughed at something that Jisoo had said. Jeonghan's felt his heart sink, his grin fading as he looked away quickly, trying not to think too much about what he had just seen. The two were sitting together closely, their hands nearly touching, their laughter looking to be in sync.

       Jeonghan hadn't thought about this before. What if Jisoo just blocked off his feelings for Jeonghan completely? If Jisoo never acted on his feelings towards Jeonghan, and chose to live his life, chose to find a girl that could give him everything that Jeonghan couldn't? Jeonghan gulped, his thoughts flying out of control as he thought about all of the ways that things could go wrong. Jeonghan didn't feel like he would get through this if something like that were to happen, if their friendship never went back to the way that it was before all of the complications started.

      No, Jeonghan thought with a quick shake of his head, don't think that way. Jisoo told you his feelings towards you. He'll come around.

      Waiting was never Jeonghan's strong point.

      But Jisoo was worth it, so Jeonghan would wait as long as Jisoo needed.