Just the Beginning

above the waves

          It's not like they didn't try to make it work. Everything was going perfectly until suddenly, it wasn't anymore. If you asked either of them, they would give you a black stare, and a slight shake of the head. No response. And, well. It's not that they didn't know. It's just hard to explain when someone you've known your whole life becomes a stranger. 

          It goes like this: Boy meets boy. Boy likes boy. The other boy likes the boy back, but is afraid to admit his liking to the other. Boy freaks out. The other boy panics. This goes round and round many times, until one of them either finally gets fed up of trying and stops, or one of them admits their feelings to the other and tries to do something about said feelings. 

         The latter is what ends up happening, surprisingly. 

         The boys, Jeonghan and Jisoo, had been friends since they were toddlers. They went to the same school, lived down the street from each other, their families were great friends with each other. They shared friend groups, had afterschool activities with each other, even had most of the same interests as each other. All of that cliche, expected information. 

         So when the questions came from their families and friends asking about what happened to the friendship between the two, all they got was a blank stare and a slight shake of the head. Jeonghan and Jisoo had been practically inseparable since they met all of those years ago, and to see them be separated from each other for a long amount of time was. Well, odd, to say the least. Not only to them, but to everyone around them, also.

        Their friendship had always been open and honest. They told everything to each other. Nothing was a secret.

        Which, Jeonghan supposes, is why everything went wrong in the first place.

        ~ ~

   A/N: So this is the first fic that I've ever written of this shipping. The next chapters will be longer, since this is just background information. Hopefully the first chapter was okay enough, and I hope that you like it. Please comment, if you do; with advice, criticism, compliments, anything, really. Thanks!