Can't Hear You

Hello Summer (Short Drabbles)

Lee Summer: Works as a telephone assistant at Wollim, has a dream of being a singer but there are difficulties to reach her goal. She likes to complain but does not want to annoy anyone so she just complains to the mirror.
Lee Sungyeol: Works part-time as a busy boy/ cleaner boy for Wollim. He mainly sweeps the floor, cleans the toilets and etc. He has a kind heart and smiles brightly.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was just another regular day at work for Summer, she get endless calls and endless paperwork. She was getting tired of this place. Just as she hanged up the call from one of the customers the manager came in.
'Okay, we just had a customer call in and complain about our assistant's attitude and service. So now we are having a set of new rules.'
The manager announced to everyone in the room, but Summer knew it was directed to her.
'Lee Summer, what is with your hair now.' He said staring at her hair that was highlighted blue.
Summer gulped. 'It's known as the new fashion...' she said avoiding making eye contact with the manager.
'If you are going to give our customers attitude again you might as well leave this place.' He said and began to walk away.

Summer span around on her chair and rubbed her temples, after a short while she stopped and headed to the toilets upstairs.
'Pfft, you think I want to stay here?!'    she complained to the mirror in front of the sink. 'Ahh if I could I won't even bother to work here.'
'Ahh, who does that lady think she is anyways? If she didn't call me stupid I won't even bother to talk to her informally.' Summer continued on. 'Stupid lady! Retard ahh chinchang.'
Suddenly she heard something hit the ground, she stiffened and looked over to the entrance of the toilet. Summer gasped when she saw a guy standing there holding onto a piece of cloth, slowly wiping the tiles.
'Yah! A guy shouldn't be here, they should at least get a girl to do this.' She said still surprised. 'Don't tell me you were listening to me talk O:'
The guy didn't reply instead he waved his arms around pointing to and ears.
'Huh? Err...You can't hear.' She said puzzled. The guy just stood there confused.

Summer clapped her hands and watched the guy's reaction. However he just stood there in silence and continued to look at her with a lost look on his face.
'Ahh...I need to use the toilet.' Summer said as she pushed the guy out. 'You can go clean after I finish.'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Hey, Summer we are leaving are you coming?.' One of Summer's co-workers asked.
'Na I still have a little bit left to do.' She replied with a smile.

She looked up and saw the same guy from yesterday vacuuming the floor.
'Hey, er-.' Summer was about to say something but then remembered the fact that the cleaner boy couldn't hear or talk. Instead she decided to chuck a piece of paper at him to get his attention. He looked up and turned off the vacuuming machine.
'Mmm...sorry about yesterday, I didn't know you were yea...' She said attempting to do some sign language and bowed as an apology.
The guy nodded and smiled as though he understood.
'You know... again today there was this strange guy who called.' Summer said ignoring the fact that he couldn't hear her. 'Instead of telling me his problem, he was saying how my voice was nice... Aish I couldn't even work after that it's so greasy.'
She paused for a moment and fiddled with the telephone. 'It won't be counted as ing and being disrespectful to customers if there is no one to hear you right.' She continued as the boy stopped working and sat on the table.
'It seems like he always calls at 3:10 or something pretty creepy.' Summer said, she stood up and took her band.
'Help me find a way to avoid getting calls from him.' She joked as she walked towards the guy.
Summer stopped in front of him. 'Why are you looking at me like that?'
He didn't reply but just simply smiled. 'Well I got the leave, you should too.' she said smiling back.
'Pabo... no matter what I say to you, you won't understand will you.' The guy continued to smile, Summer felt slightly moved by how cute his smile was.
'Okay, I'm really leaving now. Bye.' She said as she lightly squeezed his left cheek.
He looked pretty surprised at her sudden action.

Just as Summer was about to walk out the door she turned and shouted towards the guy even though she knew there would be no reply. 'Thank you for listening to my problems!'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer was siting in the middle of the stairs leaning her head on the wall when she suddenly saw the cleaner guy walk up with a couple of books in his hand. She put out a hand to stop him.
'You want to eat some?' Summer asked holding out her lunch.
The guy signed something that most likely meant 'No thanks, I'm not hungry.' and continued to walk up the stairs.
However he decided to come back down after realising that her expression seemed kind of down.
He opened one of his notebooks and scribbled something onto the page, and held it to Summer's face.
'Your not eating?' was writing in a beautiful writing. She grabbed the notebook and pen and wrote something on it as well.
'I'm on a diet ^o^.' The guy chuckled at what she wrote.  
Summer sighed. 'Everyday, I have to listen to a whole load of crap... and then the load of crap is given to you to take care of.' she stuck her hand out and pointed towards his notebook. 'Can I use that for a second.'
The guy realised that she was talking about his notebook and quickly passed it to her.
Summer returned it, the guy smiled as he read the message. 'You are a nice guy :)'. Summer watched his reaction and formed a thumbs up with her fingers, 'You really are a nice guy.' she said smiling.

The stairways became silent again.
Summer looked down at her fingers, while the guy just sat staring at what Summer wrote.
'Na sori eobsi bullebonda geudae jigeum
Gieokhamyeo bulleobonda geudae
Ijeuryeogo noryeokhaedo geudae
Nae mam gatji anheungeol almyeonseodo'

'Malhaejuji motaetdeon geu mal saranghae?
'
Summer sang as she looked over at the guy who was looking straight ahead with his eyes closed.
She smiled and continued to sing.
'Chama naeji motaetdeon geumal?'

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day after everyone had left the cleaner boy guy was doing his usual job. He walked up the stairs and saw Summer crying, quickly he rushed up to her. He softly tapped her on the arm, Summer looked up with her face covered in tears. He offered her some tissued but she rejected and hid her face back into her arms. The guy ran down the stairs and came back up with his notebook in hand.

He quickly wrote, 'don't be sad' on one of the pages and tapped Summer's arm again. She slowly looked up and read the message, her sobbing stopped.
'I-I wen-t to this hip hop festival.' Summer began, her voice was slightly shaky. 'None of them liked my songs... but those were the ones I wrote with my heart, I just want people to listen to it.'
The guy looked at her with a concerned expression and wrote something onto his paper.
'I will be able to hear your lovely voice, do you trust me?'
Summer read it and gave a confused look. He closed his eyes and nodded, soon he opened them again and sign language Summer to close her eyes. She did as told,
'To be honest, I always wanted to be a singer. But fate is playing with me, now all I ever do is listen to other people's voices...' Summer said with her eyes still closed. 'It's funny right, but I will still continue to work until one day I will be able to achieve my goals...'
She stood up and thanked the guy for cheering her up. Summer remembered that she had to a catch bus, so she quickly took her stuff and rushed out to the bus stop. After Summer left the cleaner guy went over to her table, to neaten up her paperwork that was piled all over the table. He saw a photo frame with a photo of your friends who do music and words written in permanent marker.
'Singing is my dream, for my dream I will sing.'
He smiled at these words and thought of how much meaning might be behind those.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Yes, could you please hold the line.'
'Thank you, is there anything else I can help you with.'
'No no there is no need to thank me.'

Summer answered the calls with a happy tone.

At lunch she sat on the stairs, eating and waiting for the cleaner boy to walk up. Suddenly a different cleaner boy appeared from above.
'Hey, where's the really tall guy. Isn't he here today?' Summer questioned
'Oh, you mean Sungyeol. He was just working for the holidays, now his school started so I'm covering for him.' The random guy replied.
'Mmm? School...where is he?' she continued to ask
'No idea.'  he said walking down the stairs.

After lunch Summer just sat at her table looking bored as hell. She stared blankly at her notebook that said Sungyeol on it, she picked up her pen and began to draw random lines onto the paper. Summer put down the pen and grabbed her photo frame, she held it tightly over her head. Summer looked up at the second floor and saw Sungyeol walking by. She quickly put down the frame and chased after him. To her surprise she had lost Sungyeol, but when Summer noticed the yellow, cleaning in progress sign, she figured Sungyeol would be in there.

Summer walked in and saw him spraying the glass.
'Hey Sungyeol, give me your phone for a moment.' she said and looked away.
Quickly she turned back to him and continued. 'Sungyeol... do you like listening to me talk...'
'Aish... what am I talking about.' she whispered. 'Yah, Sungyeol, do you like me?.'
'You can't hear me right? If you could you would have replied by now...' Summer said looking disappointed.

As she was about to leave Sungyeol turned around.
'The truth is... I could always hear, I like listening to you talk, you complain...' he said in a quiet voice.
'Omo?! so you could always hear me and everything I said.'
Summer said shocked and slightly mad. 'You lied to me.'

Sungyeol explained how when he first saw Summer, she were complaining about a lady calling her stupid. Since he was concentrating on what she was saying, Sungyeol didn't realise that he knocked over the broom. He didn't want it to seem strange so he came up with the idea of saying he was deaf and mute. He could hear Summer's beautiful voice when she sang to him on the stairs, he felt upset hearing her cry, he had wanted to hug her but was too shy.  

'Aigo! You lied to me O:' Summer complained.
'I like you.' Sungyeol stared into her eyes with sincerity.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Aish, why are you taking me to somewhere so high.' Summer whined
'Just follow me.' Sungyeol said cheerfully opening the door to the roof.
'But its really highhh.' she continued to whine while holding onto his hand
'Look.' He said pointing in a distance

It was a mini stage with balloons and lights. There was a microphone stand in the middle with a mic firmly attached.
'You made this?' Summer asked as her heart started to melt.
Slowly she walked onto the stage.
'Go sing, from today on feel free to sing!.' Sungyeol shouted from the wall that he's leaning on.

Summer's eyes began to water, she quickly closed them so none would fall. The wind lightly brushed against her face blowing her blue highlighted hair in many directions.
*Singing is my dream, for my dream I will sing* she thought to herself as she reached for the microphone.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay... well how does everyone think?

It's pretty random right haha i know it is.

But i actually think this story suits Sungyeol quite well O:

and out of curiousity does anyone know what the song she sang was hahah :3

anyways the next one is MYUNGSOO!!! :DDDDDDDDD

I'll probably update that one tomorrow if i'm not busy if i'm then sorry the update will come in two days time!

 

PS. Just wanted to say I love how Sungyeol looks in the Korean BTD times he was soo cool and badass looking!

and now i m just waiting for my Japanese BTD to come to Australia :3