Summer Love

Hello Summer (Short Drabbles)

Nam Summer: A girl who is turning 20 very soon, when she becomes 20 she will be married. However her husband is apparently really busy and does not have time to take care of her. She has a low blood pressure causing her to faint often.
Nam Woohyun: He runs really fast because of that he trained to be a runner, but when he joined the larger competitions he realised he was no where near good enough. From that point on he promised himself to never run again.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woohyun sat on the windowsill, looking out at the oceans. Thinking about many things
*The summer after this horrible failure...*
*I came back...to here.*
*At that time I didn't know, I actually came back...to meet you*


--------------------------------

Woohyun lived on a small town far off from the city, the place is beautiful and nice, but hardly anyone comes and visits. Making it really hard for residents to make money and survive.
'I want to invite around one or two hundred friends over.' Said a girl to the town leader.
'That's no problem.'
'It there a hall or anything that big here?'

'No problem, that hall we have is really big.' The town leader pointed into the distance.
'Okay! Next month I will get married on this town.'

Woohyun looked over at the girl who was talking about her marriage. That was the first time he saw her.
He walked across the town and passed a little food stand he used to often visit.
'Oh Namu.' Shouted the man behind the benches. 'Come, come have an ice block.'
Woohyun walked up and sat on the wooden bench, he realised that the girl from earlier was there playing around with the stuff.
'Thanks Ahjusshi.' He said taking the ice block.
'Namu, when is your next race. We need to go and cheer you on' The man said joyfully.
There was a moment of silence. 'From now on...there will be no more races' Woohyun replied in a soft voice.
'I won't be running anymore.'
'Ah!?' The man said and looked around awkwardly. 'Well the business at my place isn't really good either, these few days there hasn't been half a person here.'
'You see that girl.' The man said and pointed towards the girl from earlier. 'My business for next month will all depend on her.'

He stared at her curiously, she turned and smiled but quickly turned back around. *That smile...* He thought to himself.

Woohyun sat on a little ship at the dork and stared into space.
'Miss, look at today's weather. The wind is so big there is no way we can go out to sea.' Said one of the boat keepers. 'It's not that I don't want to'
It was fated that Woohyun and the girl would meet again.
'How about you come back and check tomorrow,' He continued.
She gently nodded as the guy walked away. The girl saw Woohyun and walked up to him.
'Hey, I've seen you before. You live here right?' She said, Woohyun looked up at her with a confused look. 'You should know where the prettiest place around here is. Take me around for a while.'
He sat there looking at her without saying a word. 'If you have nothing to do just take me around.' She said and pulled him up.

'You're the girl who is about to get married right?' Woohyun asked out of curiosity. 'Mmm...looks like...'
*How can someone who is getting married drag another person around so care freely.* He thought for a second.
'What? Next month I will be 20~' She said and started to skip away.
*Is this taking you around, or following you around*
'Whoa! A windmill.' She said and jogged up to it.
'Yah, be careful.' Woohyun shouted from behind.
'Omo...it's so beautiful here.' She said looking into a distance.
Woohyun smiled. 'This is the highest place of this town!'
The girl laughed. 'I'm going to take a wholeeeee bunch of wedding photos here!'
Woohyun watched as the girl enjoyed herself, her smile...was cute. He formed a square with his fingers and pretended to take a photo.
'Yea...you wearing a wedding dress...' He whispered *Must be really pretty...* he thought the last bit to himself.

'Why didn't your husband come with you?' Woohyun asked finding it odd.
'He is busy...'
'Doesn't matter, shouldn't let you do all the work by yourself.'
'It's not tiring, and I'm going to be experiencing the happiest moment of a person's life...'

Woohyun took her to many places that was beautiful and he enjoyed to visit.
'In front is a little forest.' Woohyun said pointing forward. 'I used to always come here when I was younger.'
'Do you think it is nice here.' He asked as the two walked side by side.
She nodded, 'When I was small I used to always play around here.' Woohyun continued.

'Wow, the wind here is so nice!'
The girl nodded, suddenly a plant caught her attention.
'This leave is so pretty.' She leaned over and examined it with care.
'Do you want to go deeper?' Woohyun asked and watched her.
'In a moment, wait a little bit.' She said and grabbed something from her bag.
It was a notebook, she took a piece of leaf and opened to the next empty page.
*She's like a little kid who is about to get married* Woohyun thought looking at her strange hobby.
The girl tightly shut the book so that the other leaves won't be blown away.
'You have this kid of interest?' He asked sounding surprised.
She nodded happily, 'Let's go.'

'Whenever I'm not happy I would get a branch and start hitting the leaves to release my anger, do you want to try it?' Woohyun said as he demonstrated.
He turned around but there was no one there. 'Hey!? Where are you??'
Quickly he went back the way he came from and saw her lying on the ground.
'Yah! You okay?! Miss wake up!' He called out to her but there was no reply.
Woohyun had no other choice but to pick her up and run.

He carried her all the way back into town and sat her down on a picnic table.
'Do you feel better?' Woohyun asked covered up in sweat.
She leaned against her elbow, 'I'm fine...this always happens it'll be fine a while later.' she said in a soft voice.
'You are always like this?' He said sounding concerned. 'Have you seen the doctors?'
'Mmm.' She nodded her head. 'I have lower blood pressure compared to other people.'
Woohyun sighed. 'Then you just sit here and rest for a bit.'
'Hey, how about we talk a little about your stuff.'
He hesitated, 'Just talking about it makes me laugh...A week ago, I just promised myself to never run again. The country championship short distance race, I thought I could do it...everyone thought I could win, but I lost badly. Maybe it is because I am not good enough yet...at that time I promised that I won't run ever again.
'So...for me you ran again.'
Woohyun nodded in silence. 'When you said you were getting married that was a lie right?'
She chuckled. 'It's obviously real'
*No...it's obviously fake* Woohyun thought looking at her facial expression.
*How could your husband just let you faint like that...*
'But...do you want me to give up my marriage for you?' She asked and smiled brightly.
*Do I want you to..* There was no reply
The girl just laughed.

*It changed all my feelings and thoughts*
'Yah! What are you doing?' Woohyun shouted from the fire.
'I'm picking shells.' She said moving a little to the other side. 'But there isn't any nice ones'
'The sea here isn't too good so there isn't many good ones'
'My name is Summer! What is yours?' She said running around on the sand.
'I'm Nam Woohyun, everyone here calls me Namu. So you can just call me Namu as well from now on.'
'Hehe Namu...are you a tree?'

Woohyun laughed. 'The fish is cooked. Come and try it.'

'Mr. Namu.' Summer said holding out her hand. 'I officially announce you as the VIP guest of my wedding.'
Woohyun laughed and got up as well holding out his hand. 'Miss Summer. I now announce you as the first customer to my 'Namu Roasted Fish Restaurant.'
The two shook hands and cheered with each other.
'This one was cooked just then, this one was cooked recently and that one. Which one do you want.' Woohyun asked pointing his chopsticks at them.
'Look! You burnt it.' Summer laughed and pointed towards the last fish.
'Haha this one was timed badly' Woohyun said trying to hide his little mistake.
'Mmm...how about we eat this one.' He said and put it onto the plastic plate.

He put it in front of Summer's nose. 'Oh it smells nice.' She said and her lips.
'Here try it.' Woohyun picked up a bit of it's meat and gave it to Summer.
'Are you really feeding me.' She laughed.
Woohyun moved his hand back and pretended to feed it to himself.
'Fine you can have the first bit.' He said putting the chopsticks in Summer's mouth.
'Omo, it tastes good and it's tender as well.'
'Oh really?'

'Haha, looks like my cooking stills have improved again.' He boasted while feeding Summer another piece.

'Namu...' Summer said watching him eat. 'If later I faint again, will you hold me and run?'
'Omo not now, I just took two bits.' He joked
'Don't faint anymore...' Woohyun's tone suddenly turned serious. 'But if you really faint, I would definitely hold you and run.'
'Am I more important than your fish restaurant?' She turned towards Woohyun.
'Yea of cause, you are more important.'

Summer smiled happily, those sweet words melted her heart.
'Hey? Why aren't you saying anything?'
She simply smiled and shook her head.
'Have another bite?'
She shook her head again and looked at the burning fire without another word.
At that time Woohyun couldn't tell what she was thinking about.
Summer looked up and wiped away a few tears that escaped her eyes.
'The nights getting cold.' Woohyun said covering Summer's shoulders with his jacket.
She blushed and leaned onto Woohyun's shoulders. Just like another other person he placed a hand around her.

'Namu...Don't give up, as long as you are alive don't give up your dream.'
Woohyun nodded. 'I'll promise you.'
'I want to hear you sing...'
'Okay, next time I will bring my guitar here and sing for you.'
Summer suddenly sat up. 'Omo, you know how to play the guitar as well!'
He laughed. 'You must sing really well then!' Summer added.
'Of cause.' Woohyun boasted.

'OH!! LOOK!' He said pointing into the sky. 'Can you see it!?'
'Omo it's a shooting star!'
'Bali, bali make a wish!'

Summer and Woohyun sat on the sands with their eyes closed and wished.
Woohyun was the first to finish, a while later Summer also opened her eyes.
'What wish did you make.' He asked nudging her arm.
'Can't tell it, if I do it won't come true.'
'Aww, if you tell me I will tell you as well!.'
'Aigo then both won't come true.'

'Mmm.. That is true.' Woohyun pouted. 'We are just gonna have to wait till the day it comes true.'

He pulled Summer back onto his shoulder. 'It's been so long since I last saw a shooting star. Hope the wish will come true?
At that time, all he wanted was for that moment to stay a little long, just a little.
----------------------------------------

'Arhh it's dripping onto my hand.' Summer laughed while eating the ice block that was melting at a high speed.
'Mine is melting as well.' Woohyun said while watching her.
'Mmm...Ice creams are the best in summer!'
'This is an ice block o.o'
'No no no this is an ice cream'
'Ice block'
'Ice blocks are those ones with the ice on it.'
'Fine ice cream~'


Woohyun pushed her lightly from the back.
'AH' Summer squealed a bit. 'Yah! Woohyun don't scare me!!'
He laughed wildly, 'Don't worry the water is shallow here and I can swim.'
'Are you happy today?' Woohyun asked. 'Where do you want to go after?'

Summer just simply said she wants to go back to that place...

'I still like this place.' Summer said looking at the scenery.
'If you like it here, I can come with you everyday.' Woohyun smiled.
The smile on her face slowly turned into a serious look. 'What is my name?'
'Summer? That's right isn't it.'
'Yea it's Summer. In this summer you meet Summer, will you forever remember her?'
'Of cause'
Woohyun looked confused but his eyes were sincere.
'Then...will you--- not forget her for the rest of your life?' She said with a pause in the middle
Woohyun smirked a little. 'What's wrong, why do you seem strange all of a sudden?'
'Namu...I want to ask you...'
'Do you like me?'
She turned away so she won't see his expression.

Woohyun shallowed hard, '...Can I like you?'
'Why can't you' Summer smiled but she sounded serious.
The two looked at each other, Summer turned her body so she was facing Woohyun.
'You really believe that in one month time I will still appear here?'
He sniffed, 'So...when you said you were getting married it was a lie?'
Summer laughed and began to walk off.
*Do you have something that you haven't told me* Woohyun thought as he leaned against a fence.

Woohyun found Summer sitting on the stairs and quickly ran up to her.
'Hey,' His smile immediately disappeared when he noticed that she was crying. 'What's wrong?'
She shook her head but didn't look up. *Such sadness...What are you hiding in your heart* Woohyun thought as he held onto her shoulders.
'Woohyun...I'm scared.'
'Listen to me...No matter what happens I will always be by your side. Protecting you, trust me.'
------------------------------------------

The sun was slowly setting, Woohyun walked slowly across the dock.
*My heart...disappeared, ever since you disappeared...*

'Namu, Namu.' The man from behind the bench called out to Woohyun. 'That girl, she is waiting for you at the windmill.'
His face brightened, 'She's still here' he whispered to himself. Without another thought he started to sprint as fast as he could.

'SUMMER!' he screamed out as soon as he arrived.
She wasn't there...*Where are you* Woohyun thought.
He leaned against the windmill, every now and then he would call out her name.
Woohyun sat on the stairs losing all his hope.
He stood on top of the stairs and looked around, to his surprise there was something placed inside the windmill door. It was a bottle, he looked around and quickly pulled out the paper which was inside.

-Woohyun. Sorry, I lied.
There was no wedding, I had no husband. But how much I wanted this to all be true.
The doctor said...this might be the last summer of my life.
But I still have so much...so much things I haven't experienced.
So I wanted to give myself a wedding, a complete wedding,
However this will never come true.
God loved me, he let me meet you.
Thank you for spending a miracle like summer with me.
It me to finally realise how it felt to be in love at the end of my life.
Your touch, is so warm. It's so comforting up to the point that I didn't want to leave.
Woohyun...you must continue your dream.
You definitely will find that glory which belongs just to you.
Nam Woohyun, I like you.
If we ever meet again in the next life?Will you be my husband.
Summer.-


Tears poured down Woohyun's face as he read the letter, her face, her words continuously flowed back in his mind
-Do you want me to give up my marriage for you?-
*I want you to*
-'I have lower blood pressure compared to other people-
-Namu...I'm scared-
*Now I understand...*
-Hey? Why aren't you saying anything?-
-You really believe that in one month time I will still appear here?-

*You will always be here in my heart*
-If we ever meet again in the next life... Will you be my husband-
'I want to' Woohyun said holding onto his guitar

He lightly drummed the strings remembering the time when Summer said she wanted to hear him sing.

'niga weonhajana
Niga barajanha'


Memories of the time spent together replayed in his mind.

'nae mama maneuroneun
neol jabeul suga obtneungabwa and, can you smile'


The song sounded so different when Summer was not there to listen to it....
It appeared sad, gloomy. There was so much more feeling behind the lyrics other than the words.

----------------------------------------------------

'What wish did you make.'
'Can't tell it, if I do it won't come true.'
'Aww, if you tell me I will tell you as well!.'
'Aigo then both won't come true.'
'Mmm.. That is true.'
'We are just gonna have to wait till the day it comes true.'

*What was the wish you made?*

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arh last chapter, this is the end of it :3

Well since this chapter is posted i will be leaving this account but i won't be deactivating it

just that i won't be posting anymore on this

Hope you enjoyed reading!

and just a side note... the reason version of this ep is actually really sad imo

i cried when i watched it :/ well... i'm emotional maybe thats why XDDDDD

 

Anyway please love Infinite :D and my other fan fictions if you manage to find my other account haha <3