Heart Beat

Hello Summer (Short Drabbles)

Jang Summer: She is a beautiful elegant and mature woman. Works as a casual teacher and eventually became a real teacher, she has an affair with an actor named Kim Jungki
Jang Dongwoo: A usually cheerful guy. He often laughs like a manic, it is very rare you see him depressed. He is a student at the same school as Summer and he is known as the king of rumour making and catching scandals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'saengil chukha hamnida, saengil chukha hamnida.' Dongwoo sang with Summer and the 2 year old sitting on her lap. He continued to sing and suddenly snapped back to reality, he was alone. All alone in an empty room with the cake in front of him. Dongwoo froze and looked around for Summer and the child, he sighed as at the emptiness. Slowly Dongwoo picked up the cake and blew out the candle, his movements seemed depressing. He dazed at the cake and quickly placed it down and got up from his seat.

Dongwoo seemed lost, confused, annoyed. He looked around the room with a complicated face, just as he was going to sit on the table something on the bookshelf caught his eye. He took out a black coloured book with a cross on it, a faint smile appeared. However it immediately disappeared as he furiously flipped through the pages, once again his mind was filled with uncontrollable feelings. With much anger he dumped the book onto the ground and slowly leaned on the sofa arm. He touched it for a second and got back up, he turned around and ended up on the floor hugging tightly onto the cushions left there.

Suddenly the video recorder nearby began to play.
'A year ago...I did something wrong, something that I can't turn back.' Dongwoo said in the video.
He held up a small remote in the direction of the video recorder and pressed onto the 'stop' button. His eyes felt heavy as flash backs appeared in his mind.

------------------------------------------
'Hey have you heard Summer's rumour?' One of Dongwoo's friends asked.
'WooDong.' His other friend said. 'She doesn't look like she talks...its kind of suspicious. If you can get something out of her, we will officially announce you as the kind of rumour making.'
'What do you think?' said the first guy. Dongwoo rolled his eyes and gave it some thought.
He smirked. 'Summer huh...sounds interesting, just wait for the good news.'
Dongwoo's friends nodded in satisfaction as he began to walk off.

Summer, currently single. She keeps a low profile and is really organised. It seems like she purposely hides her existence from everyone else. The strange thing is...looks like there is no one who really knows a lot about her. Dongwoo studied her with deep interest.

'Hey Mr. Lee.' Dongwoo said running up the stairs. 'have you eaten lunch?'
'Na not yet.' Mr. Lee replied as he Dongwoo put a hand on his shoulder.
'I have a few things to ask.' Dongwoo continued. 'You know that new teacher Summer.'
Mr. Lee nodded at the name mentioned.
'Well, that Summer...what school was she at before, I heard a bit about it but not much.' He asked walking along with his fellow teacher.
'Mmm...that I don't know.' He replied.
'Oh, how about how old she is?' Dongwoo continued to question.
'That I don't know either.' Mr. Lee said scratching the back of his head.
----------------------------------------

'At that time I had a strong feeling...a girl who is so young and beautiful shouldn't be so hard to get. A few days after that I finally something I had something I felt like I needed to achieve.' Dongwoo said video recording himself with the recorder.


--------------------------------------

Summer stuck out a hand trying to signal for a taxi. It stopped by her and quickly she got on, Dongwoo who was following her also flagged a taxi and decided to follow. He watched as Summer got off and walked towards the hospital, his face was full of confusion. With hesitation he got out of the car and stood outside waiting for her to come back out. When Summer had finally came out she had a hand on her stomach and her face was slightly pale. Her expression changed as she felt something fly up , Summer leaned over on the side path and began to vomit.

She later came by to this cafee and meet up with a man who appeared older than her.
Summer took a sip of her coffee, 'Lets break up.' Dongwoo who was also drinking his coffee have a strange look as he sneakily listened to their conversation.
The man with Summer took off his glasses and spoke up. 'I already decided to get rid of her, and now you are telling me you want to break up? Can't just you give me some more time?'
'You have been saying the same thing for 3 years...' Summer said as her eyes appeared emotionless.
The man looked down and grabbed onto her hand. 'Summer...give me some time.'
She shook her head and pulled his hand off her. 'Sorry but this time I'm not going to wait anymore.'
He his lips as Summer began to make her way out.
Dongwoo watched as she walked off, he turned and looked at the guy; he seemed oddly familiar.

After Dongwoo arrived back home, he sat stoned in front of his laptop.
*This is definitely a big scandal...* he thought to himself. *but...am I going to spread it*
He looked at his laptop and typed some random keys into the search engine. Dongwoo slowly scrolled down and suddenly a photo of the man who was with Summer today caught his eyes. He carefully read the article, *Arhh...Kim Jungki no wonder he seemed familiar.* A phone call came in and interrupted Dongwoo's thoughts

'How is it going?' his friend asked. 'Has out scandal king found out anything?'  
'N-o-o.' Dongwoo said stuttering. 'Wha-t is the rush?'
'What do you mean what is the rush how long has it b...' Before his friend could say anymore Dongwoo hanged up the phone and chucked it onto his table. He continued to search the net for stuff about Kim Jungki, and stumbled across another article.
-Kim Jungki reveals his mansion, the second generation of a rich family has entered the entertainment industry-

-------------------------------------

'Teacher!' Dongwoo said catching up to Summer. 'I know...about your situation.'
'What situation.' She replied unaware of what he was talking about.
Dongwoo shallowed and continued. 'Err...Mr. Kim has been on the headlines a lot lately...'
He saw Summers lips tremble a bit, 'And...I know that you are pregnant. I just want to know, your not really going to give birth to that child right?'
Summer looked really puzzled and slightly angry. 'My problems are none of your business, why are you following me anyways.' she said.
'Yah, I just want to help you.' He replied with a serious face.
'No need!' Summer said stomping off to her next class, leaving Dongwoo standing there like an idiot.

In the afternoon Summer visited the hospital once again, her face seemed gloomy. She quickly flagged a taxi, it started to drive off when she had noticed Dongwoo was sitting in the seat in front of her.
She rolled her eyes with frustration and said, 'what do you want from me.'
'Let me take care of you.' Dongwoo replied sincerely.
'What, you?!' She seemed really shocked at his answer. 'Do you know what you are doing.'
Dongwoo didn't reply instead he just looked at the road with those determined eyes. 'Never mind we can talk when we get out of the car.'

Summer was walking ahead with Dongwoo trailing behind.
'Summer!' He shouted, Summer turned and looked frustrated. 'I'm serious I want to take care of you...'
She chuckled sarcastically and turned back to Dongwoo who was smiling brightly at her. 'Don't joke around, this kid...its impossible'.
The smile on Dongwoo's face immediately disappeared, he looked down at her shoes trying to find words to say; anger started to bubble up.
'You...aren't scared that I will spread it to everyone?' He said addressing to Summer's relationship with Jungki.
She looked stunned, 'What are you talking about? Yah! Tell me what you mean.'
Dongwoo looked at her and smirked.
'Yah, yo-.' Summer paused as she unconsciously slapped Dongwoo across the face.

He looked shocked at the sudden attack. 'Bastard...' Summer said to him trying to calm herself down.
Dongwoo slowly rose his hand and touched his stinging right cheek. 'It hurts so much...'
She looked away, feeling slightly guilty. 'But...I will return the pain to you.' He said before walking off.
'Yah' Summer whispered but Dongwoo had already left. She looked down at her hand, it had turned red from the slap.
---------------------------------------------------------

There were photos posted up everywhere around the school of Summer and Jungki. Not only were they up at school, it was over the next, messaged onto people phones. The rumour had spread like plague...Students stared at them every one of them had the same reaction. Dongwoo watched from the sideline and smiled at the taste of victory.

'Hey, WooDong. Now everyone in our school knows.' said one of his friends
'Yea of cause he is our scandal king after all.' added the other
The first guy furrowed his eyebrows, 'but...don't you think you went a little over.'
'It is a scandal after all.' Dongwoo replied as Summer walked by with a box full of her stuff.
She spun around turning to Dongwoo and shooting him a fierce glare.
'Are you happy now!' she shouted at him.
'You think ruining someone's life is really easy and fun right? Well now I've been fired, at least I won't need to see you anymore so it will be easier for me.'  Summer breathed in heavily and walked off carrying the huge box in front of her.

The two of Dongwoo's friends stared at him giving each other strange looks. Dongwoo gulped and thought *Goodbye, my first love...*

-----------------------------------------------------

(Flash back of when the two first meet)

Summer came into the school looking lost within the huge place, Dongwoo came by arriving late at school as usual.
'Hey.' Dongwoo turned around and shouted after passing the girl.
'Are...you looking for a classroom.' he said walking towards her.
Summer nodded, 'Yea, can I ask where C block 302 is? I searched for so long but couldn't find it.'
'C block 302...' he mumbled to himself.
'Ohh right follow this path and keep walking straight and around 100 metres later you turn into the building on your left and it is the third floor.' Dongwoo said pointing out the directions
'Ahh, okay then thank you.' Summer bowed and followed his guide.
'Yah!' He said, Summer stopped walking. 'How about I take you.'
Summer smiled happily. 'Oh thank you!'
'Wait wait? Dongwoo suddenly stopped her. 'You need to turn left here.' he said pointing his fingers
'Err...oh hehe.' she said and stuck her tongue out. Dongwoo chuckled slightly at the cute action.

'Mmm...are you a new student here?' He asked trying to start a conversation. 'You look really young'
'Me...I am a teacher.'  she said blushing at Dongwoo's compliment. 'I'm a casual for a term replacing your math teacher.'
Dongwoo looked shocked. 'What!!!! Teacher. Omo...then do you have a boyfriend.' he said shyly
Summer pushed him to the side. 'Hey, don't joke around.'

'Hey, its right here.' Dongwoo said stopping at the corner. 'you're here now.'
'Okay, thanks.' Summer replied joyfully. 'Bye bye.'
'Teacher! I'm Dongwoo, everyone calls me WooDong.' He introduced and bowed.

Ever since that day on, he began to notice Summer more and more. He started to look into the things she was interested in, there was this one time that he brought the same book as her just to see what category of books she liked. In class he would often stare out the window imagining Summer.
'Aigo, what's wrong with our scandal king?' His friend asks noticing something has changed. 'What are you thinking about now?'
Dongwoo laughed and twilled the pen around his fingers. 'I'm thinking...about trying to get this girl...'
'Oh who?' Both of his friends asked in sync.
'Mmm...Teacher.' He said showing off all his teeth.
'Haha you got to be kidding me' one of them said. 'Which teacher?'

Dongwoo came by Summer's office and placed a heart shaped box of chocolates onto her table. He walked out happily doing a little victory dance to himself. A while later Summer came back into her office, Dongwoo watched her enter the room from around the corner of the stairs. Soon Summer had to go back and teach another class, out of curiosity Dongwoo snuck into her office again. He looked around noticing the box of chocolates had disappeared, while turning around in confusion he bumped into the rubbish tin. The box of chocolates he had given to her was lying on top of a whole pile of paper that was in the bin. His face fell as he picked up the box and made his way out. Dongwoo sat on the pavement outside the building and began to eat the chocolates. Though they were so sweet all he could taste was the bitterness...
--------------------------------------------------

'At first...I was already starting to give up. This unrealistic feeling, but fate is playing around with me' Dongwoo said to the recorder that was in front of him.

(More flashbacks)

'Oh she is pretty' said one of Dongwoo's friends
'Yea...I know right.' the other agreed and pulled onto Dongwoo who had just arrived.  
'Look at the new chick.' one of the guys pointed towards Summer.
Dongwoo's eyes widened at the sight of her standing there.
'Hey have you heard Summer's rumour?' One of Dongwoo's friends asked.
'WooDong.' His other friend said. 'She doesn't look like she talks...its kind of suspicious. If you can get something out of her, we will officially announce you as the kind of rumour making.'
'What do you think?' said the first guy. Dongwoo rolled his eyes and gave it some thought.
He smirked. 'Summer huh...sounds interesting, just wait for the good news.'
Dongwoo's friends nodded in satisfaction as he began to walk off.

After seeing Summer back in his life he felt stressed, confused, lost. He sat outside next to the stairs and thinking *What am I doing...*
--------------------------------------------------

(Back to reality)

Dongwoo held his video recorder and watched what he had recorded of himself talking. He began to laugh uncontrollably but the laughter wasn't happy, it was filled with sadness and anger. He ruined the life of his first love, at that thought his knees hit the ground. However he never stopped laughing.

Later that night Dongwoo came to the place of Summer's new job, a mini bookshop. She saw him standing there and quickly looked away, Dongwoo sighed at the fact she won't even look at him. He said down on the bench outside and frowned.
Summer rushed through the door. 'How many times have I told you, please don't come anymore.' She said starting to get annoyed 'I have my life to live you have your's. Whether or not I forgive you doesn't matter anymore, really it doesn't. Don't come anymore...'
He looked at her blankly for a while and finally spoke up. 'Teacher, I'm sorry. I just see you work so late every night...it is all my fault.'
'Shut up!' Summer busted. 'Don't come anymore!' her head felt light after those words, her body started to lose support.

Just as she was about to fall Dongwoo caught her. 'Teacher! What's wrong?! What happened?' he said shaking her lightly.
He looked around trying to find someone nearby, a sudden red colour caught his eyes. Summer, blood was coming out in between her legs. Dongwoo gasped and the only thing that came in mind was, her baby.
'SOMEONE FAINTED, IS THERE ANYONE HERE!' he screamed as blood continued to flow. 'SOMEONE CALL THE AMBULANCE!!'
'Teacher...pull yourself together, its all my fault.' Dongwoo's voice became weak, if it wasn't him none of this would have happened. 'I'm willing to put my life on the line for you, just so you can be safe...teacher.'

He sighed as tears started to form. 'Summer... I did wrong. I shouldn't of liked you from the start, I shouldn't of fell in love with you at first sight. But I couldn't tell you were a teacher...At that time I just wanted to make friends with you. Am I stupid...but then when I realised you were pregnant, I really thought about it and meant it. Maybe, just maybe I could marry you. Maybe I could take all the burden off you. But I completely forgot how you didn't know me so well...instead of trying to get closer to you, I thought of taking revenge...I...used my own hands and ruined someone that I loved so much...'
A tear fell down his cheek when he blinked and tried to steady his breathing, Summer's eyes flickered a little,
'I did wrong...' Dongwoo said trying to keep the sadness away from his voice.
'WooDong...I underst-and...' She said softly as the sound of sirens appeared.

Dongwoo held tightly onto her wrist as Summer's hand slowly moved and held onto Dongwoo's hand.
'Mmm...are you a new student here?'
'You look really young'
'Me...I am a teacher.'
The two said, their smiles were filled with love.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tbh it's pretty confusing O:

well i found it confusing haha anyways out of curiousity

for those who ordered the Japanese BTD album in Australia has you gotten your albums?

Anyways Enjoy! :D

and i might be switching accounts after this fanfic is finished s: