Hip Hop Apartment

Hello Summer (Short Drabbles)

Lee Summer: A girl who rents a room in the apartment. She is sensitive to sound so even if there is a slight noise it makes her hard to fall asleep. It just happens she rented the room that is a floor lower than a couple of people who do music.
Lee Sungjong: Plays the guitar for a little hip hop group, with his friends. The practice in their rented room. He is korean but spent a long time in China studying so his Korean isn't too great.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Summer rolled around in bed trying to get to sleep, however it was impossible when there was a band playing away just upstairs. She blocked her ears, covered her head and everything but there was no way to block out the loud music. Summer couldn't stand it anymore, she grabbed her shoes to go upstairs to complain. Summer knocked onto the door, however there was no reply; she knocked again but only louder this time, however it was impossible to hear it over the instruments. Without any other thoughts she started to bang hard on the door, still no reply...She left for a while and came back with a whole bunch of stuff and used them to hit the door, just as she was about to use a chair to smash it Summer stopped.
'AH!! CHINCHANG, SO ANNOYING!!!!!' She screamed while stomping off.
'SO ANNOYING! ANNOYINGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!' she shouted over the loud music when she arrived back in her room.

Summer had given up and attempted to go back to sleep. She laid on the floor leaning against her bed, but every now and then she would suddenly sit up with frustration.
'ARHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!' she screamed, eye bags started to form under her eyes.
She was tired as hell and decided to go back upstairs once again. Summer knocked on the door with a face full of frustration. She waited...still no reply, she hit it once again sighing during the process. Someone came to the door and pulled it open, he seemed surprised at the fact a random girl had come up to his door.
'Yah, you know how loud you guys are.' Summer said staring straight at him. 'Can you guys give it a rest already.'
'Nan desu ka? (What is this?)' ask the guy at the door. 'Sungjong ah ko no a na ta no to mo da chi wa a ro ka? (Sungjong is this your friend?)'
Sungjong came to the door. 'Ni hao wo shi Sungjong (Hi, I'm Sungjong). Hen gao xing jiang dao ni! (Nice to meet you!).' he said walking up to Summer trying to give her a hug.
'Yah yah, go back.' Summer said backing away. 'Don't just give someone a hug when you see them...I don't even know you.'
Sungjong gave her a confused look. 'Wo ting bu dong ni shuo she me a?(I don't know what you are talking about?)'
Summer furrowed her eyebrows as two more people appeared.

'What's wrong?' said the one with his hair tied up.
'Aigo so there was some who could speak Korean...Why didn't you come out earlier ahh.' Summer said sounding annoyed. 'What do you mean what's wrong, you know how loud you guys are!'
'She doesn't like us, cause we make too much noise' the guy whispered to Sungjong and the Japanese guy.
Everyone nodded in understanding.
'Err...Hello me Sungjong.' he said with hesitation.
Summer tilted her head. 'I don't care your name is... if you guys keep on making so much noise, I'm seriously going to get the police involved, Okay?!'
All the band members jumped slightly at her sudden raise of voice. 'Ta umm...' the guy with his hair tied up tried to translate for Sungjong and the other. 'She...umm err...ta ne...'

'Ni hao wo shi Sungjong.' He said into his phone. 'Wo gan dao Seoul yi ge yue. Wo han wen hai bu shi heng hao... Hen bao qiang zao zheng le za ying, shi ying wei wo men xia yi ge yue hui chan jia bi sai.'
He quickly pressed a button on his screen and put the phone in front of Summer.
'Hi, I'm Sungjong. I just arrived at Seoul around a month ago, we are really sorry about all the noise we made. It's because we have a competition next week.' the phone translated Sungjong's words in Korean.

Summer's eyes softened after hearing. 'Oh...so that's why.'
Then her eyes became stiff again. 'Do you think that is a reason to make everyone unable to sleep!'
'Zai shuo yi biang hao bu hao...mang yi diang shuo. (Can you say it again, s-l-o-w-l-y)' Sungjong said unable to understand anything
'Okay...' Summer nodded as Sungjong put the phone closer to . 'I SAID DO YOU THINK THAT IS A REASON TO MAKE EVERYONE UNABLE TO SLEEP!' She screamed into the phone.
Everyone stepped back in shock.
'Woah so powerful.' said one of the guy's in a different language.
'Ni jie de jiu ying wei zhe yang ni jiu nen chao ren jia shui jiao ma.' Translated the phone.

Sungjong shallowed hard, 'San tian. (3 days)' he said holding up three of his fingers. 'Just 3 days.'
The rest of the band members copied him and said the same thing in their own language.
'Yea just 3 days, we will try our best to keep down the volume.' Said one of the guys in korean. 'Please give us another chance...'
Summer looked really annoyed, she decided to trust them. Right before she left she gave a warning look to all the members, they all took a step back, getting goose bumps on their back. Sungjong walked up and attempted to give her a hug, but she was already walking away.

After Summer got back into the room she started to torture her cushion. 'What? 3 days omo...'
Suddenly she was able to hear the music playing again from upstairs. 'AHH, how is this any different from before!' she raged
The band was playing with all their heart upstairs while Summer rolled around on the floor with frustration.

-Ding Dong-
Summer heard her doorbell ring
-Ding Dong-
She quickly rushed over and to her surprise Sungjong was standing there. He gave her a cute smile.
'What?' She asked still pissed off from earlier.
'Err...hen dui bu qi chao ni, hai yu dui wo men zao de zha yin hen bao qiang. Wo xi wan zhe ge nen ban ni. (Err... Sorry about disturbing you, and sorry about all the noise we make. I hope this can help).' He said holding out a wrapped present.
'What an apology?' Summer asked looking at the beautifully wrapped present and the cute bow tied around it.
'Mmm...thanks.' she said taking the present with both hands. 'But remember don't make so much noise anymore.'
Sungjong smiled brightly, and she gave him a quick smile back.

Quickly Summer shut the door and sat at her table ready to open the box. Inside was a cute blue coloured ear muff.
She looked at it with confused. 'What? So he gave me a pair of ear muffs? Pfft is he suggesting that he won't decrease the noise...'
Summer pouted a bit and tried on the present. She thought it was quite cute and decided to keep it on while eating sunflower seeds.
Suddenly the drummer started again. The ear muff didn't work as well as Summer thought, she spat out the seed and looked up at the ceiling with a pissed face.
'Ahhh~~~' She wined pulling off the muffs. 'It doesn't even workkkk'

The days continued with the band playing loudly, Summer didn't even bother to wear the ear muffs since they won't work anyways. As she was eating dinner she started drumming her chopsticks at the beat of the drum. Somehow it didn't sound right, so she decided to get a couple of cups and fill each one of them with a different amount of water. Unconsciously she started to drum on them, to her surprise it sounded pretty cool. A voice was heard from upstairs, Summer started to hit her chopsticks lightly so she could hear the girl sing. Even though she didn't admit it, it was pretty fun. Suddenly she stopped and thought *Oh...their band has a lead singer whose a girl?* she smiled. *Too bad she doesn't sing as good as me* Summer smirked at the thought. 'Mmm...this singer, aigo...'

Summer was planning to take the ear muffs and return it to Sungjong. As soon as she opened her door Sungjong was standing there, she jumped back in shock.
'Wait.. Weh-h.' Summer said stuttering. 'Why are you still here'
She rubbed her neck trying to remember what she was going to say. 'Here take it'
Sungjong looked at the ear muff she was giving back to him and gave Summer a strange look. He hesitated while taking it.
'Den yi xia (Wait!)!' Sungjong said as Summer was about to close her door.
He held out his phone and pressed one of the buttons
'Very sorry, the competition tomorrow... it is unlikely we will win so, we will be leaving after tomorrow. So we will give you back your peace, sorry again.' The phone translated as Sungjong made complicated faces.
Summer expression darkened. 'What? What do you mean you won't win? You guys annoyed me for so long and it ends up like this?'
'dui bu qi..(I'm sorry)' .Sungjong said and shallowed hard.
He began to walk away with sunken shoulders. Summer carefully walked his back view and felt a strange feeling in her heart.

She closed the door and leaned against it as she talked to herself.
'Why do I feel sympathy all of a sudden...' she sighed
'Oh wells, at least I get to sleep normally from tomorrow on.' Summer in an attempted happy tone.
-----------------------------------------------------


'Mmm...why isn't there any noise today.' She found it strange and decided to take a look upstairs.
She hesitantly walked towards their door which was half opened.
'I swear I can't stay with you selfish people anymore!' shouted the female main singer of the band. 'Go fight, fight? If you all fight over the lines to sing what is the point of me the main singer?'
She snorted and continued. 'Huh, forming a band with you guys. I reckon if I work as an telephone assistant I would still be better than you guys! GO PLAY BY YOURSELVES'
The female member grabbed her bag and walked past Summer with a face red with fury. Summer gulped and felt surprised at the scene.

'Konojo wa utau tsumori wa nai (she is not going to sing)' said the Japanese band member. 'Ware wa do sureba yoi? (What do we do?)'
Sungjong ignored his friends question and walked towards Summer who was standing there frozen at the door.
'Jin lai a mei wen ti de (Come in, it's okay)' he said and pulled her into their room.
His friends sat up and looked at Sungjong with confusion.
'Ta zheng me yang? (Hey, how about her?)' Sungjong asked the rest of the members. Summer just stood their wondering what they were saying.
He waited for everyone's reply.

At the sight of the competition, Summer fiddled slightly with the microphone while the audience clapped. The judges looked really serious, Summer looked at them feeling the tension in the atmosphere. She looked around at the rest of the members and recalled what happened yesterday night.

'Ni que din ma? (Are you sure?)' One of the members asked Sungjong.
'Shi a, wo men shi yi xia bu jiu zhi dao le ma (Yea, we will know if we try it).' Sungjong said in a positive voice.
'Hontoni (Really?)' asked the other member.
Sungjong gave a small nod to Summer and pushed her to the microphone. Summer had understood the situation and got the message.
'Ni ke yi de (You can do it!)' He said giving her the thumbs up.
Summer looked around nervously. 'Okay...' She said in a quiet voice.

'Your tones wrong.' one of the members complained.
'Okay, we will try it again.' Summer said with a smile
'Wait wait...' the member continued. 'Your feelings are wrong too, be a little more bright and happy.'
Summer gave a small nod and continued

'No no no no' said one of the members while clapping his hands together. 'You are putting too much pressure into it. Understand?'
Sungjong nodded in understanding, and started to play the intro again on his electric piano.

'Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, ep' Summer sang but suddenly stopped. 'Wait wait...stop stop stop. I reckon I can sing it better lets start again.'

Just like that the long night passed by, eventually all the members were exhausted and feel asleep on the spot. The only two awake now was Summer and Sungjong. The two continued to practice, Summer lightly leaned her body on arm as she sang lightly into the microphone. Sungjong just continued to play on the piano with the volume on low so it won't wake any of the others.
'It nice.' He said looking over at Summer, she smiled and continued to sing random notes.

Summer quickly snapped back to reality and continued to fiddle with her microphone. She turned to look at the other band members, they all gave her a strong encouraging nod. She nodded to herself and began to sing

'jikyeobwa wat janha ni sarangeul gin ibyeorul
Neul sangcheo badeul ba en nan gena, ah
Kkok baro hwa, uneunge silheoseo geurae
Apeunge himdeureo geurae, geureon neol bolttae mada'


The audience bobbed their heads to the beat of the band's music, the judged seemed amused by the performance.

'Do you like it?' Sungjong asked Summer as he slid across the keyboard.
Summer looked around and then back to Sungjong, 'Yea...' she said with a smile.
He smiled back and put one arm around Summer to give her a hug, she hugged back placing her hands around his neck.
At that moment Sungjong had a quick flash back.

'I li-ke you.' Sungjong said into the phone stuttering slightly. 'I...'
He put a hand over his head and sighed. Confessing was a lot harder than he thought it would be.
'Do you like...' He whispered to the phone.

The other band membered whooped at the sight of Summer and Sungjong hugging onstage. Summer gave a delightful smile and sang the chorus with the band.

'Naekkeo haja, naega neol saranghae, eo? Naega neol gaekjeonghae, eo?
Naega neol kkeut kkaji, chaekim jil ge
Naekkeo haja, niga nal aljanha, eo? Niga nal bwat janham, eo?
Naega neol kkeut kkaji, jikyeo julge.'


'Do you hear me?do you hear me? oh' sang the drummer with a perfect English accent.

'Jeojeun gieok bakhin nunjil kkeut nae pumeseo jukkil barae
Jallin maeumi heullin nunmul samki neun geon
Naji magi deullin neora do gamchu neun na'
Rapped Sungjong as he stared at Summer wave her arms around still holding onto the mic

'Neom chinda saenggakhae neon na ege neul geuraesso.' Summer sang the high note perfectly.

The audience clapped loudly and some screamed jumping up and down on the spot.
One of the judges sat with his eyes wide opened with amazement.
'Woah, is there something wrong with me.' the judge said looking at the one next to him. 'I swear I heard angels singing to me.'
The female judge laughed and turned back to the band with a wide smile on her face.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes... i know Sungjong doesn't exactly match but... this is the best i can do :/

sooo hope you Enjoyed reading this chapter :D

And has everyone heard about infinite's next yr concert, Second Invasion? and their christmas promotions

tbh i want the boys to rest but the only way to make money is to make music... just hope they don't stress too much

and for the concert tickets are out on 5th dec apparently tbh i really want to go :DDD

Since i'm planning to get a job in the holidays if i make enough money i'll go and hopefully drag one of my cousins along with me XD

Also!!! where is my Japanese BTD album!?!?! it's been like ages and it's still not here yet TT i'm annoyed~
 

almost forgot infinite fans you should know what the song was right?

Be Mine~ :DDDD