Chapter 6 (Final)

The Pearl and the Knight

“You think he’ll be fine like that?” came a voice out of the darkness.

Regaining consciousness, Shownu’s had an incredible headache. His head was also hot from laying on something warm. Wishing the pain would go away, he tried to remember the last thing he was doing....

The swimmer opened his eyes and sat straight up.

Well he tried to, but immediately regretted it as his head spun. The torment increased and nearly fell off what he was laying on. He scrunched his eyes shut and slowly went into sitting position with his head in his hands.

"Whoa there. Take it easy," a recognizable voice said gently.

With his head leaning on one hand he squinted in the direction of the voices.

He was sharing a bench with Hyungwon who had a deeply concerned look etched on his face. Another somewhat familiar person stood behind and was leaning on the back part of the bench. It was the boy who came to the swim meet with Hyungwon. He seemed to have a bored look as usual. Both whoever seemed a little roughed up.

"What happened? Where's Hyunsoo? Are you guys okay?!"

The boy and Hyungwon looked at each other and laughed.

"He can at least talk," said the boy.

Hyungwon dug something out of his pocket and grabbed a water bottle near him. He took Shownu's free hand and dropped headache medicine into it.

"Here, take this, it'll help ease the pain."

Shownu did as he was told and leaned back with a huff after he took a swig of the water.

The boy from behind got up and straightened his clothes.

"He looks fine. Let's go."

Hyungwon frowned.

"Changkyun...."

The boy called Changkyun rolled his eyes.

"Fiiiine. I'm giving you three minutes."

He walked off a little ways and stood by a bike playing on his phone.

Looking around them, Shownu noticed they were in a playground near his house. It was only them three. The sun was setting and a cool breeze moved around.

"Excuse my little brother, he's just a little annoyed his shoes are dirty from red paint." Hyungwon said casually.

"Anyways, are you feeling like you’re forgetting something, nausea, or vomiting?"

Shownu shook his head slowly he reached up and detected a band aid patch on his head.

"No I think I'm fine. I just have a headache."

"Yeah, it looks like it was a just a small gash, if anything please see a doctor if things get worse."

A vibration came from Shownu's pocket. He had two missed phone calls and a bunch of texts.

Hyungwon got up to leave.

"You should answer those. See you at school.”

Shownu caught onto the other one’s elbow and had also risen.

“Wait, you still haven’t answered my questions. What happened?”

His phone vibrated violently this time, it was his mother.

“Looks important,” The blond glimpsing at the screen too.

He decreased the space between their faces as he gave Shownu a peck on the cheek.

“You’ve got my number if you need anything,” he said quietly while they were still physically close.  “Thanks for being my knight."

He then he hopped backwards quickly, giving a mischievous smirk and strolled off.

Dumbfounded, Shownu stood there with his mouth gaping open. Almost abandoning his phone since it stopped moving. Another wave of vibrations came, but he answered this time.

Hectic things happened that night. When he got home his mom was in hysterics upon finding out kids had been attacked at his school and were led away in stretchers. It didn’t help that he had a bandage on his head. He went on explaining he was helping a friend with his homework and got hit by a bat when they were taking a break. Apologizing also for the fact his phone was on silent. His mother went on for the rest of the night asking if he needed to transfer, so he had to reassure his mother that was not the case.

The text messages on Shownu’s phone was a different story altogether. It all came from the group chat he and his friends had made.

GUYS, HYUNSOO’S ON THE LOCAL NEWS SO WAS OUR SCHOOL- Minwoof

Just got done working out and too lazy to get up, fill us in- ProtectorWonho

Dying in homework T.T whassup?- Joohoney

I get our school, but Hyunsoo?- Kiorange

Well there seemed to be a gang fight in one the neighborhood. Hyunsoo’s gang vs … another gang (?) no one saw anything- Minwoof

Oh who won?- ProtectorWonho

Other team O.o- Minwoof

OHMYGOSH D: - Joohoney

Yeah!!! Like there was blood splatters all over the playground stuff and they have like caution tape everywhere- Minwoof

the tv too. Did anyone get murdered?! jeez - Kiorange

Well no one died, just a lot of severe injuries. Looks like the police has to take them in afterwards too cause there were drugs on them?- Minwoof

Shownu tapped out of the chat. Head spinning again from all the information, he looked in contracts for Hyungwon’s name. It wasn’t there by first name, so he checked the last name. Still no luck. He sat lost in thought and then an idea struck him. He checked under the “L” section, and there it was, “LonelyPrince”.

He opened a new message and messaged vigorously.

What did you do?

Shownu laid back in his chair for a few minutes, pondering. Did the guy have a gang of his own? His brother was part of it too? Who else was there? How was he able to take out everyone?

I ordered dinner with my little bro - LonelyPrince.

An image came of Changkyun looking at his phone, about to take a bite of a chicken wing.

 

That's not what I meant. The park and everything!

 

Then another image came. It was a picture of Hyungwon and Changkyun posing happily with Shownu sleeping on the bench.

Well we thought it was cute- LonelyPrince


***

A/N: Sorry for the delay guys. Woke up late and edited the last scene. I got scolded for making this over all story short and for using the word "impregnated" in the the 1st chapter, my apologies if anyone else felt strongly about that too. Anyone have any favorite parts/scenes from this story?

On another note, all the subs ;A; . Thank you guys a bunch. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Yes, this is truly the end. Until next time :3 (unless someone requests a sequel, which I doubt) - Kuro27

P.S Halloweeeeen week. :D