Chapter 5

The Pearl and the Knight

Thick white clouds hung in sky as Hyungwon led the two through the crowds of children outside. They waved and called out his name while he greeted them back. For Dongyeol there seemed to be an invisible bubble around him as people made way. Shownu on the other hand had to squeeze passed sometimes. Both still seemed to be able to trail behind without the prince or anyone noticing.

   

    Getting farther from school, there seemed to be less people and more secluded areas. At some point Shownu saw how impatient Dongyeol seemed to be getting as the other appeared to be closing in on the prince. There were no one around and the senior rushed forward, shoving Hyungwon in an alleyway.

    Shownu, a block behind, sped up watching the two disappear between two buildings. Upon getting there he saw Dongyeol had Hyungwon pinned against the wall with one hand and the other as if he was about to strike.

"I don't care if Hyunsoo is going to meet up with you, I'm going to get rid of you my way." Dongyeol said through gritted teeth.

Shownu threw his backpack down and charged with full force. He rammed a thick shoulder into Dongyeol's side and both flew to the ground.

Both had the wind knocked out of each other and unfortunately recovered at the same time. Dongyeol got up on a knee and took a fist full of Shownu’s shirt. With a free hand he made square contact to a side of Shownu’s face twice. Shownu not really experienced in fighting, felt the shots of immense pain and could taste the blood from a cut on his lip.

As Dongyeol raise his fist again, a small dirty soggy box was shoved onto his head.

“Hit him below the ribs or the gut!’ Hyungwon cried.

Shownu's jaw still hurt but did his best to hit where he was told while Dongyeol tried to pry off the box. There was an “oof” noise as the bully fell backward from Shownu finally making contact.  Hyungwon took this chance to come over and start kicking like crazy at the fallen person with his long legs.  

"Wait!" Shownu said loudly and now felt the pain the in his shoulder he had used.

"We should just leave!"

Hyungwon gave one final hefty kick and rolled his eyes. Dongyeol was now on his side and let out a groan with the box still stuck. Hyungwon proceeded to come over crouched down next to Shownu and offered a hand.

"Are you alright?"

Shownu nodded and took the hand to quickly get up. They just got both their backpacks on when a police officer appeared at the other far end of the alley.

"Hey! Stop right there!"

Hyungwon quickly pulled something out and shoved it into one of Dongyeol's pockets.  

Both then ran, leaving the bully who finally was able get the soggy thing off.

Hyungwon held onto Shownu's hand tightly, leading the way through twist and turns. When it seemed like it was safe to slow down and take a break, Hyungwon let their hands drop apart. He turned to face Shownu with a pained expression.

"What were you doing following me?" He said breathing hard from the run.

The shorter leaned on his own knees to catch his breath.

"I... just...I saw...."

Hyungwon didn't let the other finish.

" You're even hurt! I could take care of myself you know.”

"Uh...well...."

Hyungwon checked his phone and turned to leave.

“Look, you’re a cool guy. You have done nothing wrong so no need for you to get dragged into this.”

"You can find your way back right? I've got to go. If you can't, I can call-"

Shownu cut the other one off this time as he grabbed Hyungwon from behind, wrapping his arms tightly around the chest area.

“You’re…. you’re going to Hyunsoo aren’t you?! And what did you put in Dongyeol’s pocket?”

The blond struggled in the other’s clutches.

“Let go!”

“Tell me!”

“Fine!” Hyungwon said. “I just planted some stuff on the maniac in case the police thought it would be okay to release him right away."

Shownu loosened his arms a little, but still held firm.

"If you're going to see Hyunsoo, I'm coming with," He stubbornly said.

“Shouldn’t you be mad me and thought I used you when we had lunch together?”

There was a pause.

“No, I wouldn’t be mad,”Shownu finally said. “You fed me lunch in return.”

“You are so simple minded. Whatever, I knew all that stuff before that anyways. What if I said I was going to go visit a relative or grocery shopping?"

"I wouldn't believe you unless you showed me proof."

Hyungwon stopped struggling to look over his shoulder at Shownu and saw the determination in the shorter one’s eyes.  The blond sighed and gave an exasperated face.

"Alright! You can come, but only if you let me do all the talking.”

After figuring out where they were, they realized they didn’t have to walk far. When they walked, Hyungwon had to quickly confess to Shownu it was his fault three innocent kids ended up in the hospital. That was why he was going to meet up with Hyunsoo to stop terrorizing the school. Shownu didn’t really say anything to any of this and both arrived at small playground in a quiet neighborhood. No one was around except Hyunsoo himself. He sat on a metal bench, playing on his phone.

The leader noticed the two as he looked up coincidentally and shoved his phone in his jacket. He jumped up and strolled toward them, hands placed in his pockets. Both parties met in the middle by the swings.

“I told you to come alone,” Hyunsoo snapped.

“Things happened,” Hyungwon said coolly and shrugged.

“Let’s cut to the chase, you’ve been doing all this?” The leader said menacingly.

“I did, now would you back off and leave everyone alone?” Hyungwon said crossing his arms across his chest.

That seemed to be the wrong answer as Hyunsoo pulled out a knife from his back pocket.

“You think this is a game?!”

Shownu held out his hands in defense while a look of concern crossed his face. This was getting out of hand. Hyungwon looked more annoyed than anything. He stood unmoved and spoke in a normal calm voice.

“First off, all of this started because you couldn’t find the best place to hustle a kid’s money.”

Hyunsoo was not amused and his knife was held pointed out at them, unwavering.

“Second, you better put that away before, you regret threatening me to keep quiet by throwing me into the pool.”

The gang leader let out a snort. “Like any of this talking is going to preventing me from gutting you and him.”

Hyungwon suddenly had a blank look on his face and an unsettling aura about him. Unfolded his arms, he let them drop to his side.

“Shownu hasn’t done anything, let him go.”

“Too late,” Hyunsoo said as he grinned evilly.

Running footsteps could be heard from behind.

Shownu turned around only to see the rest of the members of the gang, minus Dongyeol. Tremendous pain shoot through his head as wooden bat connected to it and everything went black.

***

A/N: Bonus chapter for the day :) <3 . One more chapter to go. ;o; It's been a fun ride with you guys.