Chapter 4

The Pearl and the Knight

The plan to warn mostly everyone worked. Maybe too well, since the school staff also heard. An announcement was made that didn’t allow students to loitering in the hallway as an extra precaution. That is how Jooheon and Wonho wounded up meeting Kihyun in the bathroom early the next morning to get the whole story. Shownu tagged along and was now leaning on a sink ledge looking at Minhyuk’s message.

Just letting you guys know, H’s gang is on the prowl. Stay safe! - pls copy and paste. Don’t forward.

 

When it got close to class time, they filed out of the bathroom, but stopped dead in their tracks not believing their eyes. They watched as Hyungwon passed them covering his mouth as he yawned. Without a second thought Shownu went after him. Did he of all people did not get the message?!

“Hey!”Shownu called as he caught up and put a hand on the taller one’s shoulder. The sleepy blond turned around and when he saw it was Shownu, broke into a cheerful smile.

“What’s up?"

Nearly getting side tracked because of the look, Shownu did his best to be casual about things.

"Er... did you prepare for the quiz math?" He blurted lamely.

"The math quiz? I studied a little bit."

"Hey, get to class," a teacher snapped passing by.  Breaking the moment, Shownu then realized his friends were whispering like crazy behind him. When he turned around to view them, they quickly tried ushering each other in a different directions waving goodbye and making texting gestures.

 

Hyungwon slung a lazy arm around Shownu's shoulders and led them both to their classroom.

"Too early to be this strict," Hyungwon rubbing an eye sleepily. "Might as well cancel school because of dumb gang threats."

"Why did you come then?" Shownu asked trying to keep up with the other’s stride.

"Cause we have a quiz today."

The day was long and suspenseful. Close to lunch time, three people were already reported carried off in ambulances after being found nearly beaten to death in an empty classroom. Shownu did his best to keep an eye on Hyungwon, who didn't seem to care, and still kept his distance. Maybe there was some luck and the gang would give it a rest for the day.

  

Text messages from the others asking if he was out if his mind to be hanging with one of the targets filled his inbox. Shownu just simply replied he wanted to at least help out one person survive all this mess. Lunch came and he already decided where to sit. There seemed to be a small hush over the crowded lunch room as Shownu headed over and sat across from Hyungwon.

"What is he doing?!" Shownu barely heard Wonho's outcry.

"You’re worrying your friends and people are staring," Hyungwon said with an amused smile while his head leaned on his hand.

"Since the quiz is over and tomorrow is the weekend, don't you want to go home early?" Shownu bluntly asked.

Hyungwon's smile vanished replaced with a blank unreadable face.

"Nah, I don't feel like it."

"How ... how about I t-treat you to ice cream after lunch and outside of school?"

"Maybe next time? That’s kind of you but I've got some stuff to wrap up for today at school."

Shownu heaved a heavy sigh in defeat as a bunch of girls came by. They gave glares at Shownu but changed their persona in a heartbeat as they faced Hyungwon trying to give him bag of candy.

“Aww thank you girls so much, but I think I might be getting cavities," he said.

“Please save it for a later time then! We just wanted to thank you for the class notes,” begged a girl twirling her hair and fluttering her eyelashes.

"If cute girls like you insist." Hyungwon laughed.

  

The girls squealed and ran off. Then for the rest of the time the two ate their food with casual conversation about the weather and school. Only odd thing that happened was sometimes it felt as if Hyungwon was giving lingering looks at Shownu while he ate. When it was time to leave, Hyungwon tossed the bag of candy to Shownu at the last minute and left.

    

Everything went smoothly for the rest of the day. It seemed like Shownu's prayers were answered.  There was no more stories of people being injured and nothing happened to the Lonely Prince. Text messages finally stopped pestering and questioning him for his odd actions.

    

The bell rang for the end of school and everybody was going home. Shownu sighed with relief as he got out of his classroom after hoping there wouldn't be any sirens. He spotted Dongyeol walking by with a serious demeanor and shifty look. Shownu would’ve steered clear of the guy if he wasn't alarmed at the fact the senior seemed to be shadowing Hyungwon down the hall.

Thinking he was being too paranoid but just in case, he tagged along closely behind. He texted his friends to be careful on the way home and not to wait for him because he had already left. He quickly put his phone on vibrate and stuffed into his back pocket. By this time he was really out the door.

***

A/N: Hello everyone~ ,seems like the story is getting a bit serious B) . Been raining a lot where I live, but I'm enjoying it. I can't say so much for other people though.

Deokspatch x2 ended. nooo ;o; but it was fun while it lasted. Here, share some of the feels with me from the hero photoshoot making film ;u;