>> 6

Staying with SEVENTEEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chan Ji continued to cry as she walked down the hallway before letting her feet to take her away. Surprisingly they took her to the practice room upstairs, where the boys were. She slightly opened the door to take a peek on the boys practicing their dance moves and they stopped when they heard the door opened.

They turned to the door and Chan Ji slowly stepped in after quickly wiping away her tears.

“Hey guys…” She let out a small smile and the boys quickly ran to her. Just then, her eyes landed on Joshua and the tears felt like coming again. She quickly looked away. “I really can’t stay long. I just came over to say goodbye.” The boys froze for a while before asking her with questions.

“Are you leaving for Beijing today? We thought you have a couple of weeks left.” Hoshi asked. “Noona… Please don’t leave. You promised to spend time with me.” Dino said to her before going to hug her. “Noona, what did Han Sung Soo-nim said to you?” DK asked.

“Jiji, are you leaving us?” JeongHan asked and he sighed. “Guys… I’m not leaving you guys just yet. I want my time with all of you before I left. Han Sung Soo-nim didn’t say anything to me. He just let me off with a warning.” She lied. Well, half of it. “But I really need to go home now. I’m feeling a bit sick and I need some rest if I am to spend time with you guys.” She tried to convince the boys and they finally nodded.

*That was close.* Chan Ji mentally sighed and smiled at the boys. “I have to go now. See you guys later.“ She waved goodbye at them and quickly walked out.

*Joshua’ POV*

Chan Ji leaves right after she came back from Han Sung Soo-nim’s office and I felt like she’s hiding something and her smiles were either faked or forced.

“I wander what Han Sung Soo-nim said to her?” Mingyu asked when we were taking a break and we just shrugged our shoulders. “You don’t think that Han Sung Soo-nim told her to leave the dorm, don’t you?” Our eyes widen as we immediately thought about that.

“Han Sung Soo-nim would never do that.” JiHoon replied. “Just like what Jiji said, he just let her off with a warning.” We nodded as he continued before changing the topic. Just then, my phone rang and I was happy to see that mum was the one calling.

“You’re here already?” I asked as I smiled, but the smile didn’t last when I heard her sniffling. “Mum, are you okay? Why are you crying?” I began to worry and immediately got out of the practice room.

“Nothing… I’m fine, Joshua. I met my little girl.” Mum sniffled and chuckled. “You met your daughter? You finally found her?” I asked and smiled. She hummed and sniffled. “I thought she was going to be happy meeting me again, but she didn’t. She can’t remember anything about me. I tried to explain everything to her, she just not ready for it.”

“It’s ok, mum. I know she’ll get over it soon.” I said to her. “Are you ready to meet your new daughter later?” I asked and she giggled. “You sounded more excited than I am.” I chuckled at her statement. “Are you kidding? I’ve been waiting for this moment ever since I let you guy talk through the phone. “Mum giggled and I can imagine she’s shaking her head right now.

“I’ll bring her to the apartment later tonight.” She hummed and I hummed back. “I have some groceries to buy and get dinner ready. I’ll see you then.” Replied mum and I nodded as if she can see me nodding. “Ok mum. I’ll see you later.” She hung up and I smiled. *I know mum will be thrill to meet Chan Ji in person.* I thought as I walked back into the practice room.  

I’m happy even thinking about how Chan Ji will react meeting mum for the first time. She was excited when I told her about it. Without me knowing, JeongHan waved his hands in front of me, plus snapping me out of my thought.

“You’re creeping me out by smiling by yourself out here.” He said to me and gave out a tease smile. “Mind sharing with me the good news?” He nudged on my arm and I chuckled.

“It’s nothing.” I replied and he nudged again. “Come on, you can tell me anything.” JeongHan pleaded and I giggled. “Ok…Ok…” He cheered and smiled.

“I’m taking Chan Ji to meet my mother tonight.” I confessed and he just nodded. “That’s good. I know Chan Ji will be excited.” I nodded. “I can’t wait for tonight.”

“Hold here, tiger. We still have practice.” JeongHan said and patted my shoulder as we laughed. “Come on, let’s go back. The other is waiting for us.” The two of us went back to the practice room and continued with practice.

After practice, I quickly walked home to see Chan Ji and when I got there, she was sleeping on the couch. I smiled and her hair.

“Hyung, I can’t believe you ran home and the stairs.” MingHao said as they came through the door. “You even left your guitar.” JiHoon said and gave me my guitar. “Sorry guys. I’m really excited for tonight. Chan Ji is finally going to meet my mum.” I said excitedly and shook the nearest person, which was Mingyu. “

“Meet your mother?” Seung Cheol asked and I nodded. “Yeah… Didn’t I tell you about this already? They’re just going to know each other and spend time together. Chan, you can come if you want.” He smiled and nodded.

Just then, we heard someone groaned and we turned to the one on the couch. She rubbed her sleepy eyes and blinked at us.

“You guys are back already?” She asked with her sleepy voice. “I’ll get dinner ready in a while.” She slowly got up and walked toward the bathroom. “Hey, Baby sis?” I called and catch up with her. Chan Ji turned to me with a sleepy pair of eyes.

“Are you ready to meet mum? I know you had been anxious to meet her.” I smiled while she just hung her head down before giving out a small smile. “I thought so. We’re leave before dinner. Chan is coming with us too.” She nodded again as she smiled and I went to hug her. “I know you will love her.” I whispered to her and she hummed. I pulled away and patted her head. “Go get ready while me and JeongHan go make dinner.”

“Ok…” She mumbled and walked to the bathroom. “Chan… Go get ready.” I said to Dino and he ran to his room.

So, JeongHan and I went to fix up some dinner for the guys and a few moments later, Chan Ji walked into the kitchen, wearing her aqua colored lace dress with her hair tied up to a ponytail. Might I say she looks beautiful in that dress?

 

 “Is everything ready?” She asked and we nodded. “Hey… Joshua, are we leaving before dinner or after?” She asked again and helped JeongHan to stir the miso soup.

“Before dinner, because mum is probably cooking dinner for us right now.” I answered and she nodded. “When are we leaving?” She asked again and I patted her head. “I think I better get ready now. Do you mind helping JeongHan to set the table?” She nodded and I finally went to the bathroom to freshen up.

When I was done, everyone was having dinner while Chan Ji and Chan were watching TV at the living room.

“Are you ready to go?” I asked the two of them and they nodded. “We’ll be going now. Be back by midnight.” We walked to the door to get our shoes. “Be safe and careful out there.” JeongHan shouted from the kitchen. “Araso, omma!” Chan shouted back and giggled.   

*End of POV*

After the three leave, the other continued to finish their dinner. After dinner, some of them went to watch television; some went to shower and just resting in their room. S. Coups and JeongHan were lying on their bed as they were checking their phones. As they were lying, S. Coups kept on toss and turning on his bed and sighing.

“Is something wrong?” JeongHan asked and looked away from his phone. “I just kept on feeling that something is going to happen, but I can’t put my heart to it.” Answered S.Coups and sighed. “Maybe it’s just your feeling. Everything is going to be fine.” Added JeongHan and S. Coups nodded.

Back with Joshua and the Lee’s siblings, so the three of them walked to Joshua’s apartment where his mother is was. As they got nearer and nearer to the apartment building, Chan Ji’s heart started to beat faster and faster as she was nervous. When they arrived, Chan Ji stopped in front of the entrance while Dino and Joshua already went in.

She immediately turned around and walked away. Her eyes started to tears up and her breathing unstable. Just then, someone grabbed her wrist to stop her from walking before turning her around to face them.

“Chan Ji, where are you going?” Joshua asked and she quickly wiped away her tears. “Chan is waiting for us at the lobby. Come on, let’s go.” He turned around to walk toward the building again when Chan Ji pulled her wrist from his grip and ran away.

“Chan Ji, wait!!” Joshua shouted as he realized she’s missing again. “Chan Ji! Stop?!” He chased after her and grabbed her arm to stop her. “Let go!” Chan Ji shouted as she tried to escape from his grip. “Chan Ji, what’s wrong with you? You keep running away from me. Please tell me what’s wrong.” He tightens his grip on her arm without hurting her.

“I don’t want to meet your mother anymore!” Chan Ji shouted and Joshua’s grip slowly loosens. “Why?” He stared at her for answer.

“Because your mother is my real mother and she left me at the orphanage just live a better life.” Her tears finally rolled down her cheeks. “She came to Pledis this morning to meet me and she said that you told her about me and told me that you’re her stepson. I can’t meet her again without feeling anger and sad just standing in front of her. I’m sorry I just can’t.” She sniffled and slowly to walk away again.

Joshua was left dumb some before he quickly snapped out of it. He catches up with her again and grabbed her hand this time. She whined a little and sniffled as she faced him.

“Remember what you told me when we first hang out with each other.” He said to her and she shook her head. “You said, ‘I want to meet my biological mother again’…”

“Well, I did and I’m not going to meet her again.” Chan Ji interrupted as she sniffled and released her wrist from his grip before walking away. Joshua sighed and grabbed her hand again. “LEE CHAN JI, would you just calm down a little? You didn’t let me finish.” Joshua said with a serious tone in his voice.

“Mum cried every time she thinks about you and she feared that she can’t meet you again. I never asked her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter