>> 5

Staying with SEVENTEEN
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Joshua’s POV

I was waiting for Chan Ji at the living room as we agreed to go out later. I was worried about her when she wasn’t come home the time we arrived at the dorm at 1 in the morning. The reason I asked her to go out with me is because mum wanted to meet her new daughter and she’s coming here from L.A in a couple of days. I really wanted mum to meet her since Chan Ji has a few days left before going back to Beijing.

So, Chan Ji finally came out from the bathroom fully dressed with her Nike Hoodie and black legging and her hair was slightly wet. She smiled at me and I smiled back.

“Ready to go?” I asked and she nodded. The two of us walked to the door to get our shoes before turning back to the other. “We’ll be going now. Be back in a couple hours.” I said to them and they nodded.

As we walked side by side, I thought about how I’m going to tell her about mum wanting to meet her in person. I mean they talked on the phone a few time now and mum seems to like her. The two of them would talk for hours and hours until dad asked mum to go to sleep. I’m happy that they like each other and mum said like she already known Chan Ji for her whole life after their first conversation, which was a few week ago. I sighed before smiling thinking about their first reaction with each other. Will be they awkward? Will they be surprised? I don’t know. Then, my thought was interrupted by someone.

“Oppa? Are you okay?” Chan Ji asked she stopped and turned to me with a worried look on her face. “You had been quiet since the moment we got out. Is there something on your mind?” She asked again and I shook my head before smiling at her. “Then, why are you so quiet? Did I did something wrong?” She added and pouted.

“No, you didn’t.” I answered back and patted her head. “I was just thinking about something.” She tilted her head slightly and stared at me with that puppy’s eyes of her. “What is it?” I took a deep breath and continued to walk. She quickly followed me and linked with my arm. “Oppa~” She whined and pouted.

“Mum asked if she can meet you during our day off in couple of days.” I finally said it and she just stared at me. “If you already have plan with Chan, then it’s ok. I’ll tell mum that you’re busy.” I sighed and hung my head down. Chan Ji just stayed quiet as we walked. “Baby sis?” I called her and stopped walking before turning to her.

Chan Ji hung her head down, avoiding making eye contact. I called again and she slowly lifted her head up before she jumped with excitement. “OMG! I can’t believe that I’m going to meet mum for the first time! I love to meet to her!” She said excitedly and I laughed at her reaction. “I think you’re stealing my mum from me.” I said to her and she just smiled.

“It’s not my fault that she got a son instead of a daughter.” She mocked as she mumbled before running away from me. She screamed as she ran away from me as I chased after her to the playground nearby. I grabbed her by the waist and twirling her around as she screamed. “Oppa, stop it!” She screamed and I laughed before letting her down. “Didn’t I tell you that mum is actually my stepmother? My real mum died, giving birth to me. I was raised by my grandparents until I was 4 and my dad remarried when I was 7.” I said to her and she nodded. “Sorry.” She replied and pouted.

“It’s ok, baby sis.” I patted her head and hugged her. “At least you have a mother to take care of you instead of none.” She said to me and I nodded before pulling away. “So… I already told you about my story, why don’t you tell yours?” I asked her and she just gave me a nervous smile. “I don’t really how am I going to explain it to you.”

“Come on… You can tell me everything and I promised to keep it a secret.” I tried to convince her to trust and she sighed before going to the swing and sitting on it. I followed and knelt in front of her.  “It’s kind of hard to tell you since it involved the guys.” She replied and let out a nervous chuckled.  “Just tell me, baby sis. Maybe I help you with that.” I said to her.

“Well…” She took a deep breath and looked at me in the eyes. “Seung Cheol oppa confessed to me a few days ago and he said that he’s willing to wait for me until I’m ready to have a relationship.” She confessed and I just nodded. “And a few hours ago, WonWoo also confessed to me, saying that he really really like me.” She continued and sighed. “I can’t even think straight. I’m confused and I’m really not ready to have a relationship with someone.” She whined and sniffled a little as her tears rolled down her cheeks. I quickly got up and wiped away her tears.

“Don’t cry, baby sis.” I tried to comfort her and she continued to cry. “I really don’t want to keep their hope up.” She continued to sniffle and cried. “Now all I can say is to follow your heart let them decide. Now, tell me… Who do you think that makes your heart beats faster than usual?” I asked her and stared at her.

“Seung Cheol oppa…” She answered and I smiled before patting her head. “I knew it all along. You know what, Seung Cheol told me about his feeling to you first, before he had the courage to confess to you.” I said to her and she just stared at me. “You knew?” She asked and I nodded. “He even told me about being jealous, hearing me calling you, baby sis since there’re the word ‘Baby’ in it. I seriously laughed and explained to him about it.” I continued and she giggled.

“I already did explain to him about that.” She replied and wiped away her tears. I smiled at her. “But oppa… I’m not ready to start a relationship yet.” Chan Ji started to cry again. “It’s ok… it’s ok… Don’t feel bad, baby sis. Seung Cheol already told me that he is willing to wait for you until you’re ready.” I told her and wiped away her tears. “But what about WonWoo? I can’t just reject him. He’s a sweet guy.” She added and I hugged her as she continued to sob.

“Then, tell him about what you feel about him and you guys are better off as friends.” I replied and she immediately pulled away. “It’s easy for you to say! You’re not the victim in this.” She playfully hit me and I chuckled. “I hardly noticed if you are a victim.” I continued to chuckle and she pouted. “Don’t worry about it. I’m sure WonWoo will understand if you want to stay friends.” Chan Ji slowly nodded and smiled. “Oh my god… I never cried this much before.” She sniffled and wiped away her tears as she chuckled. “My eyes are so puffy right now.” I chuckled and patted her head.

“Let’s go back to the dorm. Chan just texted me, saying ‘that he wants his sister back’.” I showed her to texts message and she giggled. “Let’s go.” She said and held out her hand to me. I grabbed her hand and got up before walking home with her hand in hand. It’s a good thing that there were less people at the street or this would end up in tomorrow’s headlight.

When we got home, the guys were watching a movie and they even switched off the lights, so they can’t see Chan Ji’s puffy eyes. Just when I think I was right. SoonYoung noticed and he pulled me to the kitchen, while Chan Ji went to watch the movie with the other.

“Is Chan Ji ok? Is she hurt? Why are her eyes all puffy? Did you hurt her? What did you do? What happened?” He began by shooting me with question and glared at me. “One at a time, please?” I asked and he continued to glare. “Chan Ji is ok, she’s not hurt. Her eyes were puffy because she had been crying so much and I didn’t do anything to hurt her. She’s just confused about two boys who like her and she didn’t want to hurt both of them by rejecting both and keeping their hopes up.” I explained to him and he slowly nodded.

“Is she ok now?” SoonYoung asked me and I nodded. “She just needs some time to think about it.” I answered and it’s his turn to nod. “Also I’m taking her to meet my mother in a couple of day.” With that, he smiled from ear to ear. “It’s sound like you’re going to marry her or someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter