Chapter2

Never Giving Up

 

No One’s POV

 

Kim Kibum, a student who has a phobia of noise, misophonia is what you would call it. You would think someone like him would be a loner, an unpopular student who likes to stick to themselves. Well actually you’re partly correct. Kibum, though suffering from misophonia is well loved by his peers, admired by many and even if he does give off a cold persona, everyone wants a piece of him.

 

He’s is what you would call a typical average student attending university, attending after school activities and participating in volunteer work whenever he had the chance. But while you think this is your average student, you would soon to find that it’s the exact opposite. Through his chosen course in life, his life would make drastic changes; one important question in his near future would determine his very existence.

 

Kibum’s POV

 

Awaking to the bright light coming from outside my windows, I my back to slowly open my eyes and the first thing I saw in the morning had to be that annoying loud fan hanging from my white ceiling. I closed my eyes laying in bed and loving the quiet and serene atmosphere around me but had abruptly sat up in bed only to remember I should to go school early. That is unless I wanted to walk around in the crowded hallways. Getting out of bed, I walked lazily to the bathroom to brush my teeth and get dressed. Taking all my necessary utensils for today’s schedule and packing in my bag I walked down stairs and to the front door. Before leaving I looked at the hallway mirror just to adjust any stray hair that would be out of place in the few minutes I took to get to the front door. I smiled to myself and left for school.

 

Upon arriving at school and just as I had expected, the hallways were particularly empty this morning except for few who arrived early like I had. I walked to the room which held my first lesson and sat down at the furthest seat away from the population. My eyes gazed outside to spot someone so early out on the field just sitting there. The aura around him felt different to others, though he did look like those popular students which I hardly take time to notice. Even from this far away from the fields, it seemed as though both him and I were staring at the same endless sky. He reminded me of myself, or was I thinking too much.

 

Once people started to pour into the class, I took my attention off from the stranger to look through my bag for my earphones. Once found, I placed them on to search for the stranger outside the window. To my disappointed, he was no longer there. Wait... disappointment?

 

For the rest of the day, that very question irritated me. Why was I disappointed for and why the hell am I thinking about him. With that question in mind, I just couldn’t stay longer in this noisy school so I left club activities in search of a quiet place to think. You’re thinking about what group I’m in, correct? Actually, I’m not really in any particular club but I always do come to the library. Maybe that’s why the librarian thinks that I’m a part of the committee that helps out in there. Well I don’t mind, really... as long as I get a quiet place to work, I wouldn’t even mind working as a garbage man. Actually, I would definitely mind, I can’t stand stench as much as I can’t stand noise.

 

Walking around aimlessly around the street I had unknowingly reached an alleyway. Because I didn’t know where I was, I decided to just walk around and make my way back out... some way or another. So walking forward, deeper into the alley I came upon a little cafe shop. Well it certainly did look that way from the outside.  It didn’t look too packed and because of its location, I don’t even think anyone would know of this place. My curiosity got the better of me and I opened the door to hear a bell chime. Damn the bell, its’ way too loud. Closing the door behind me (and making that damn noisy bell chime again) I walked in and looked around. The place looked... well, quiet. Not much to describe except the design of the place looked old and beaten but held a nice charm to it.

 

“I see there’s a visitor today.” A voice sounded out only to startle me. I turned around to see a man coming from the doors behind the counter. He smiled at and walked forward. “So, what can I get for you today, our shop hardly get customers. And I would love for you would stay awhile longer, even if it’s just for one coffee. It’s on the house,” he smiled to me, only now walking from around the counter to stand in front of me. I looked around the place once more, feeling an unusual comfort in this place. “I’d love too, do you perhaps have Americano?” I asked and he nodded now turning and walking back behind the counter and walking back from where he came from. “Just take a seat. Anywhere is fine, I’ll bring it out after its done,” a reply came. Walking to the furthest seat available and closest to the windows, I sat down. After a few moments, and a few songs on my iPod that went by, the man walked back out holding out a cup which I assumed to be my Americano. He took a seat and sat down in front of me slowly taking sips from his cup. After a while of, somewhat comfy silence he spoke up.

 

“The name’s Jinki, Lee Jinki to be exact. How did you get here? Not many people walk around this place. And a boy like you doesn’t look like the type to just go wondering around for fun.” The man, now known as Jinki was smiling an all knowing smile. I smiled and shook my head. “Actually, you’re quite right in the fact that I just came wondering here. I-I... had a lot on my mind.” I looked down, for some reason feeling as though if I looked at this man in the eyes, this man would be able to see right through me. “You’re thinking of someone, am I right?” he smiled, I could only nod. Now looking up and meeting his eyes. Eye’s that looked to mysterious, as though if I looked too long I would be hypnotized, but just like hypnotism, I couldn’t take my eyes off him. “I could just tell from looking at you, I don’t have clairvoyance or anything you know. Just, looking at you... you looked lonely. Your eyes, they speak for you, you know? W-wait, I-I... I don’t really know what I’m saying to a total stranger. Just, you looked lost in...” he quietened down and I couldn’t clearly make out what he had said. “Actually, I think you are clairvoyance. What you said is exactly right, except, I’m not sure about being lonely. I just like it like this.” I smiled at him warmly hoping to help his ease a little.

 

“Well, even if you don’t think it. I do believe what I said about you being lonely is correct. Look at where you took a seat in this empty room for instance. People would usually choose a place with lighting, with room... and mostly a place where you can see others and others can see you.” He stated and continued “but... the place you chose was away from everyone and only a window where you can see others. You’re afraid aren’t you? You said you came in here because something was in your mind; care to share it with me? Or you don’t really have to. We’re total stranger anyways.” Even though he said that, I felt as though if I told this man my problem, he would be able to guide me through it. “N-no, it’s fine. I’d love it if you would listen.” I took a deep breath, “I’m not quite sure how to start this but it-it’s just... I met this person, well technically speaking. I didn’t meet him. I just saw him... I felt as though he’s someone... that’s there’s something special about him...” I trailed off, hoping Jinki won’t probe into it anymore. “There’s something special about him, or is it he felt special to you? Maybe you felt a connection to him?” “I-I...” bzzz bzzzz bzzz “Sorry, it’s my phone. Hello? ... Ummm, come now? I’ll be right there; can you try to settle him down? ... Ok... I’ll be there soon, ok... bye” closing my phone I return my attention to Jinki. “Sorry, I’ll be leaving now, the Americano was delicious. Thank you again,” I then turned to leave.

 

Jinki’s POV

 

Silly kid, he didn’t even drink it. 

 

 

 


First official chapter after the introduction of characters. Hope you've enjoyed and drop some comments while you're at it =) Not much to say so far but please comment and tell me how you think the stories progress is. If you'll like fast updates or you don't mind. Have a nice day!