Chapter 7

Never Giving Up

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I came trailing after Kibum but got lost after the several corners he turned. I couldn’t be stuffed looking for him though when I spotted Jessica and Krystal up the stairs. I walked beneath them seeing their y underwear. I grinned from ear to ear when they spotted me and waved me to come. Going up the stairs I reached them flirting with them a bit. It wasn’t unusual seeing me with girls around campus, it was actually in the norms seeing either Minho or I showing PDA in front of the students. Guys envied us, but I saw nothing to be envied from us except our good looks and riches. “Not going to class Jjong?” Jessica whispered into the shell of my ear trying to seduce me but I only chuckled at her attempt and moved away, “Do you seriously think I’ll go Jess? I never attend class, you know that. I’ll rather spends some alone time with you.” I answered winking at her when I heard a cough from her sister. “Oppa, where’s Minho oppa?” she asked flashing her eyelashes, I was about to puke at the amount of make-up she had on. Though she was hot, the girls Minho had around him all had cake stacked on their faces. I closed in on Jessica while answering Krystal, “not sure, why don’t you go and ask around?” “I am asking, I’m asking you aren’t I?”

 

I sighed looking away from Jessica to turn to Krystal and close my eyes, sighing once again. “I’m not sure Krys go and ask someone who cares about that bastard. He’s probably with one of those, I don’t know... friends?” Jessica looked annoyed at her sister and turned to glare. I ignored the girls walking away knowing one of them was going to start something. Walking away I heard arguing and knew that it was those two going at each other’s throats. I had no idea, but I had ended up at the schools little garden. Could I even call this place a garden? I looked around spotting Minho and ran to him flailing my arms about in explosion of Jessica and Krystal getting on my nerve but stopped when I noticed who he was with.

 

“Kibum? What the are you doing here with Minho?” I turned to Minho and gave him a questioning look when he turned to me also looking confused.

 

Minho’s POV

 

“Kibum? What the are you doing here with Minho?” I turned around hearing a loud roar from behind and saw Jonghyun hyung standing there with a questioning look. I turned to Kibum after hearing him sigh and looked between the two. “Hey hyung, what are you doing here? Don’t you have music class?” I asked trying to lessen the tense atmosphere. I looked at both of them, seeing as though both had different reactions to each other. Jonghyun hyung’s reaction was that of shock, I guess from seeing Kibum and I together. While Kibum’s expression was that of someone trying to commit double suicide, except after killing the person he wouldn’t kill himself out of pure affection for himself. I chuckled to myself but stopped when they both looked at me with a glare.

 

“Jonghyun,” Kibum began rubbing his eye’s tiredly looking away from us to the field, “I told you, if you want to do the en project then do it yourself. I have no time to play around with you and I don’t care if I fail this. I’ve passed my other projects with an A, so one E wouldn’t make a difference on my report card. You on the other hand...” he trailed of, now looking up at Jonghyun.

 

Seeing the expression of both I tried to start a civilised conversation “... umm so how do you guys know each other?” I looked between the two until Kibum stood up and started walking away. I turned to Jonghyun hyung but stood up myself telling him “... I’ll you see later hyung,” waving him off and rushing after Kibum. When I finally caught up to Kibum he looked pale and slightly covering his eyes with his hands. “Kibum!” I screamed when I saw that he dropped his bag and was slightly tilting backwards. I caught him in my arms and I turned his face so he looked at me, touching his forehead when I that he wasn’t too hot, I felt at least a bit relieved. I lifted him up in my arms and grabbed his bag walking to the school doors and towards the infirmary. I dropped him in the closest bed and looked around placing his bag on the chair next to the bed. No one here... I took a step closer to the bed and sat at the edge brushing my thumb over his cheek. WAIT! What am I doing? I retracted my hand when my mobile went off. I quickly took it out and stepped out of the room, hoping not to disturb Kibum.

 

“Hello?” I answered “Oh! Noona, it’s been a while..." I chuckled, "yeh it’s fine with me... Wait, now? Isn’t your boyfriend home?” I answered looking into the room, seeing Kibum still lying there undisturbed. I looked back to my phone, and brought it to my ears again “Sure, come pick me up at the school gate... 15 mins? Alright” I shut my phone and looked back at Kibum once more before walking away.

 

Kibum’s POV

 

After Minho’s phone went off I woke up. I was about to sit up and tell him but my body felt heavy like lead that I had to stayed still. I listened in to his conversation, not really meaning to. “...isn’t your boyfriend home?...” I listened but somehow my chest felt constricted. I saw him turning to me and quickly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep clenching my fist hard, hoping he wouldn’t notice. When I opened my eyes again, Minho was already out of sight and I had decided to head back home. My head was hurting, and the other lessons weren’t that important. I could always just catch up with missed lessons. I grabbed my bag that Minho left on the chair close to me and took the bus home. I normally would take the bus since I preferred walking home and stopping by shops along the way. When I got home, the silence welcomed me and I automatically felt comfort from it. Walking up the stairs, and opening my door room I plopped down and kicked off my shoes and snuggling into the sheets. I don’t know how long it was but I think I slept forever.

 

When I finally woke up, it was to the sounds of chattering down stairs. I rubbed my eyes and opened the door slightly only to hear my mother’s laughter and two others. I walked out slowly nearing the lounge and hiding behind the wall but close enough to get a clearer understanding of what they were talking about. “... Oh my Jong-ah you’re such a gentleman.” “Oh no nothing like that aunty, it’s just you’re so pretty, there’s nothing to lie about.” That voice... I stepped out of my hiding looked around the room seeing my mother, Jonghyun and someone else.

 

“Oh! Kibum you’re finally awake. I didn't know you were home. I didn't see your shoes at the front. Come over here and meet Mr. Kim," she gestured towards the man and then to Jonghyun “and his son Jonghyun” my mother smiled and waved me over. I smiled slightly moving across the room and settling down next to my mother. “ Hi Kibum, I'm Mr. Kim youngwoon, Chairman of the Kim's Corporation your mother works at, but just call me uncle" he smiled gently turning to look my mother in the eyes "O! That’s right, I heard from your mother that you were a smart student, something my son would need to learn from” uncle smiled. I thought for a while to myself, but I think his voice is something I’ll come to like. There was just something about that gentleness with a bit of authority laced into it that his son lacked. “You mean Jonghyun-ssi? I thought the same uncle, there’s not much knowledge in his head is there?” I smirked towards Jonghyun but yelped when my mother pinched my thighs. I turned to glare at her but her attention was on Jonghyun. “I’m so sorry Jonghyun-ah, Kibum didn’t mean it that way. Kibum, apologize, say you didn’t mean it” my mother scolded me but I just huffed. “Nothing to worry about, Taeyeon, I’m with Kibum on that one. Oh wait, do you both know each other?” I was about to answer when Jonghyun did for me. “Aniyo, never seen him before” he answered. I looked at him with questionable eyes, trying to ask him what he was on about.

“Kibum- ssi must have heard about me around school. I am pretty popular around the campus”

 

 


I"m taking a deep bow to all my follower! My hiatus was meant to be only 2-3 months long, but I think I've been gone maybe more than half a year.

I'm deeply regreting not updating for so long !!! I've been studying so much, never thought pharmacy would take up so much of my time!!! hope this chapter is alright for everyone. I know it's not long but hope this is enough for the time being. I'll update again some time soon. I promised mar1adyve5sa that I would update! and here it is! hopefully you like this my best friend!!! Once again sorry to all my subscribers who've waited to long for this but haven't gotten anything in return! thanks for sticking by!