Chapter6

Never Giving Up

Key’s POV

 

With the constant calls from day care, I had rushed over and continuously apologised to staff’s since I had promised to take over today and bring them out to play. That plan had completely gone out the window considering how late it had gotten. I had completely forgotten with everything going on. The loud voices from the kids nearly made my ear drums burst. Damn these sensitive ears of mine, aishh. After greeting the parents who came to pick their kids up, I walked home but on the way decided to drop by the playground. I sat on the set of swings in silence. It was silent except for the few sounds of crickets and passing students from cram school.

 

When sitting there I started to drift to my thoughts again. Jonghyun-ssi, Minho-ssi... Minho...Jonghyun... How come they both seemed so familiar? It’s not like I know them that well. I just couldn’t get them off my mind. One with big doe like eyes, the other big puppy eyes... One tall and the other short, I giggled continuing my thoughts. But both are so handsome. I stopped thinking and sighed, wondering why Im even thinking of them, with the palms of my hand I started beating my head. I was about to enter my thoughts again until the phone in my back pocket vibrated. Bzzz bzzzz bzzz, I picked it up wondering who it could be. Mum, ... I didn’t want to talk to her now. I answered anyways, flipping the screen open and answering “Hello? ... Yeh, I’m on my way home now... Soy sauce, is that all? Yeh, I’ll be back soon. Bye.” I closed my phone and placed it in my bag, hoping that the next time it buzzed I wouldn’t notice. I decided now was a good time to walk back home since it was getting darker by the second and the convenient store near the house wasn’t opened 24/7.

 

Upon opening the door, I smelt the smell of food and walked over to the kitchen. “Oh! Kibummie, you’re home. Did you get the sauce I asked for?” she smiled at me placing a plate down on the table. “Yeh... you’re early today. No trips?” I asked walking to the fridge and taking a water bottle and turning it open. “I came home early since there’s no work. Wait honey, don’t eat snacks before dinner,” she stated taking the packet of chips I took while she was talking. “I’m not hungry. I’ll be in my room.” I said grabbing my bottle and walking away before she could say anything more. When I got to my room I closed the door behind me and flopped on my bed hugging a pillow to my face. I heard the door squeak open and sat up turning around. “What is it, mum? I’m tired and-” she cut me off “I’m getting remarried honey,” she told me as if it was the most obvious thing and that I should have known, I did know though but I didn’t think it’ll progress this fast. “And you’re telling me because? I told you I’ll be moving out when I finish uni. There’s two more years, just-” once again I was cut off. Damn, can’t she wait until I finished for once? “Honey... Listen would you? We’re moving in with them. The man I’m marrying is the president of the company I’m working for and he said he wants us to move in with him. It’ll be great, a new home, a new family and you’ll even have a brother. It’s a great change of pace,” she said smiling. I can see in her eyes that she was desperate. She needed that man, although I don’t approve I can’t tell her no for my sake alone. I sighed, rubbing my temple. “When do we move?” I asked moving from the bed to my computer chair. “One week. I’m sure you’ll love it there. Your room would be bigger, and the man just loves kids. Im sure he’ll like you.” She walked over to me and hugged me. Whispering into my ear in a gentle manner, but to me was unbearably loud to me “I even asked for a room with a big closet for you.” I flinched away. I guess she really doesn’t know anything about me.

 

I took her hands off of me. “You can leave now, I want some rest,” I stated turning the chair around and opening my laptop. I heard the door close and turned to see. It was closed, just like how I left it before. Why can’t life be easy? I sat at the laptop, unplugging it and bringing it to my bed, sitting against the head board and turning on my chat. Thinking out loud while typing ‘log in... and password is...’ I typed as a spoke out loud. When I had logged on I saw that I had messages from acquaintances and some from anonymous. What I loved about online chats was I didn’t have to listen to people and also because I could be whoever I wanted, people didn’t know who I was. I was a normal person online and I was accepted, and for the first time people understood. I scrolled down the page when a message popped up, it was from Mr. Puppy-Saurus, someone a made friends with online. I smiled. I smiled reading his message and replied. It always had been great; he seemed to always be able to answer my worries and was the very first person to understand.

 

Mr. Puppy-Saurus:

- Hello Keyyy-ssi. How have you been?

 

Keyyy:

- Hello~ my day was fine except for an annoying classmate. The teacher paired us up! I’ve been getting good grades, but if I’m paired up with the lazy -tard, I’ll probably drop down to... Aishh I don’t know. How have you been, Mr. Puppy-Saurus?

 

Mr. Puppy-Saurus:

- Hahaha you shouldn’t swear too much, it makes my image of you change =]

- My day was ok I guess. The usual with all the girls trailing behind me like my shadows.

 

I chuckled at his lame attempt to be funny and continued reading.

 

- I’m not lying about this, I swear I am really popular =P I guess you’ll have to see me to believe me, huh?

 

Keyyy:

- I believe you, I believe you... But you’ve never let me see you, when I ask for photos or to webcam you always reject me t_____t

 

Mr. Puppy-Saurus:

-There’s always another time =) I have to get off. I’m meeting friend’s later byez!

 

Before I could reply he went off. I wonder how he looks like... I closed down my laptop and leaving it on the ground next to the bed and pulled up my covers thinking about what Mr. Puppy-saurus when fell asleep. When I woke up, I looked at the clock and found that I was late today, so unlike usual. I rushed getting ready and skipped breakfast like usual, finding that my mum like was away. After the conversation with Mr. Puppy-saurus, my mood went up and I decided to at least read my mum’s post-it note today.

 

Honey,

Today mum will bring over a guest so make sure to come home early. I’ll be ordering food so make sure to not grab anything to eat

 

I threw the message and bin and left for school. First lesson today was music, I had totally forgotten about the combined class so walking in I was greeted with Kim en Jonghyun who sat down in the seat besides where I usually sit. I was about the just leave class and skip when the teacher arrived at the door slightly pushing me in and telling me to get to my seat. I sighed, following her orders and sitting down. I had completely ignored him listening to my music and trying to block out his constant chatter. I think the teacher had gotten as annoyed as I did when she threw her box of tissues to his head. I couldn’t help but giggle but stopped myself seeing as Jonghyun was smirking and apologising to the teacher. “So I’ll leave it you guys to begin your assignment. Remember its due two weeks before the talent show. I expect great works from my class and Mr. Goo’s students,” she said pushing her glasses up the bridge of her nose. “Oh, I forgot to mention that I was given a heads up on what the talent scouts are aiming for. So... those who wants to know put your hands up,” she stated to the class and everyone had jumped from their seat screaming and raising their hands. , are they dumb or something, ask for a show of hands and you get a show of beast. “So I asked one of the scouts what the agents were looking for, and they said regret, love or something around those two topics. Good luck, I’ll leave it to your choice how you do it.” I stood up about the leave when Jonghyun grabbed my hand stopping me. He reached into his bag and took out packets of bread all different flavours. “I didn’t know what flavours you wanted, since you didn’t accept it last time, I brought all the types so you can choose from it,” he smiled and he but I turned to leave.

 

Leaving the room, my head felt so much better. The noise had really given me a beating, figuratively speaking that is. I was making my way to the cafeteria when I spotted a person lying where the mysterious person usually sits. My feet seemed to have taken me to him without my knowledge and before I knew it, I was by his side. I thought it could be him but when I looked down, I saw it was Minho-ssi. He looked up feeling something cover the sun. He sat up abruptly and looked at me through questioning eye but his lips turned into a smile. He gestured with his hands for me to sit next to him and I did. “So...” I started feeling weird around him alone. He chuckled, copying me “so...” I looked at him frowning a bit but he only smiled wider. We sat in silence until he spoke up “How have you been?” I looked away while answering him “Not too bad, how’s Taemin?” “I ask you how you were, but you ask me about Taemin? Don’t you think that’s too cruel?” I was about to retaliate before he continued “He’s doing fine, always talking about day care. I’m doing fine by the way.” We sat in comfortable silence but was broken when a stupid dinosaur showed up screaming and flailing his arms around.

 

 



So... I think I'll take a short hiatus due to family holiday back to my home country =) I'll update once more before I leave. Hope you've enjoyed this chapter! comment and subcribe to those who haven't done so!!!