Chapter5

Never Giving Up

Key’s POV

 

Getting out of that noisy place, I walked down the hall still with Jonghyun on my tracks. Damn, he’s so persistent. “How far do you plan on following me for?” I asked through gritted teeth. He smiled scratching the back of his head looking me straight in the eyes causing sparks to run down my back. That very same spark I’ve felt around Minho. And that question I’ve been asking myself over and over again after hearing from Jinki.

 

Or is it he felt special to you? Maybe you felt a connection to him?

 

Why am I feeling this way? My head started to hurt and my breathing came out short. I dropped on my knees holding my head, Jonghyun looked at me, “E-eh... Are you ok?” he asked bending down to my level. He started to panic and scream for help, his making it worse, why doesn’t this headache go away? With staggered breath I told him to take me to the infirmary. I collapsed before I even knew it. After that, I wasn’t sure what happened but when I woke up I found myself in the infirmary room in bed. Guess he took me here, I looked around seeing Jonghyun sitting besides my bed on the phone, mostly flirting since the words that came out of his mouth were babe, no... I love you more, I miss you more... see you tomorrow? Etc. God, kill me. Why did I have to wake up to this sort of conversation happening around me? I sat up holding myself by the left hand supporting my weight.

 

“Why are you still here?” I asked him looking at the clock hanging on the wall on the opposite of the beds. He turned to me, now closing his mobile and smiling. “Hey, you’re finally awake. You don’t know how freaked out I got when you fell unconscious. The nurse said it must be because you haven’t eaten and build up of stress. When you were sleeping I heard your stomach growling, it so I got you some bread! Oh, I already told the teacher about it and she said it’s alright for me to stay-...” I drifted from his speech trying to locate my mobile and taking a look to see there were at least 21 missed calls and 35 messages unread. I turned to Jonghyun now asking him again, “Why are you still here? It’s after school, you should have gone home.” He looked taken a back. “Well I wanted to talk you about our composition piece. When you were in bed I went to get the disc with the music. It says on the disc ‘ballad’. We were last, so the only one left... ,” I cut him off by raising me hand and began talking, “look here, I know you’re not the type to just wait for me to wake up for a project that both you and I don’t want to do together. So what is it that you really want to talk about?” now slightly glaring at him. He coughed a few times, clearing his voice “I was going to try getting your number, you know for our project and all. I could have gotten it when you were sleeping, but that would have been rude of me. You know, I’m quite gentlemanly. Even towards guys...” I looked at my phone once and got off the bed. He was still blabbering on and on when I walked to the door and sliding it open. I turned back and said “I’m not going to give it to you, nor am I going to waste time working on this project with you. So if you want to pass then you try to compose it yourself. I’m going.” I closed the door behind me putting in my earplugs and taking out my phone to answer those missed calls and messages.

 

Jonghyun’s POV

 

I watched as he closed the door on me. I leaned back on the chair, shielding my eyes with my hand and letting out a deep sigh. Why did it matter to me that he looked so alone? I barely even know him, and it’s not like I care about working with him. What a lame excuse Jonghyun. You clearly just wanted to walk him home. I looked to his bedside table, the bread still laying there. I reached for it tearing the packet opened and taking a bite. I should just call the guys out. Since its Friday and all, there won’t be school the next day meaning no worries. Not like I would worry anyways.

 

Walking to our usual hang out, I opened the door to be greeted with dim lighting, pounding music and the smell of cigars with a whiff of cologne and perfume. Walking to our usual seats, I sighted my group and sat down at the end seat greeting everyone. I spotted Minho, my best friend since childhood and walked over to him. He was cramped up in the corner with a girl. I can’t really see with the little lighting in this place and her caked on make-up but I was assuming it was Yuri again on her antics of trying to get into my friends pants. I laughed and sat next to him.

 

“Do you mind if we talk for a bit Yuri?” I asked winking at her, “Guys talk.” I ended, hoping for her to actually get lost. She leaned in to whisper in Minho’s ear and got off of him before walking to the other guys. Really don’t like her. “Hey, you don’t look so great today. You usually would have told Yuri to go off and one the others, instead you left her there flirting with you while ignoring her. Not to mention you didn’t even greet me when I came in.” I said trying to start the conversation. He sighed sinking in the seat more and turned to me eyes still closed. “Hey hyung how’s life?” he asked sarcasm clearly heard in his tone of voice, taking a deep breath before continuing “Is that better? My half assed greeting, that is?” he said now opening his eyes and smirking in my direction. Gosh Minho could be such an sometimes. Now it was my time to sigh and cover my eyes with the palms of my hand.

 

“Hey Minho-ah,” I asked quietly but still loud enough for him to hear over the music, “you ever get someone stuck on your mind and can’t get them out?” I asked hoping not to sound to desperate. Taking a drink in his hand and taking a sip. “Hyung, If you’re asking this, you must have someone in your mind right? Who is it?” he asked placing the glass on his thighs. I looked at him “Hey, I’m asking the questions here, not the other way around, ok? So have you?” I asked again, hoping this time he would answer. “Sure hyung, of course I have. Actually I’m thinking about them right now. The thing is I wanted to ask for his number, but Tae interrupted. Tae even has their number but won’t even give it since he said, and I quote hyung said not to give to strangers or something along those lines. Gosh that kid gets on my nerves.” I looked at him nodding as if I understood. But that still didn’t answer my question. I was going to ask but he interrupted and said “So of course...” he hesitated, “I do think of them. A lot actually... and they won’t get of my mind. It’s en irritating.” He said looking for another drink. I handed him mine and he nodded as a thanks.

 

“So what’s this all about hyung? Never knew you were interested in someone,” he smirked but I ignored him by calling for more drinks. Jinki hyung came with drinks in his hand, smiling and taking a seat next to me. “Hey kids. How’s life?” he asked laughing. Gosh, he doesn’t seem like a hyung at all. “Life’s all good hyung, how about your business?” I asked sincerely, he continued laughing and smiled a reassuring one and answered “not too bad actually, been in a worse slump than this before. I’m actually opening this bar in the mornings as a cafe. No one knows about it though, though there was one that came sometime this week. Student, he was a beauty I must admit.” Minho and I nodded seeing as how he seemed so engrossed by it. “He didn’t look too well, actually kinda reminded me of you guys. Acting tough all the time but so fragile inside.” He ended with a smirk. Minho leaned over and punched him playfully on the arms, while Jinki hyung rubbed his arms making a face. I laughed at their behaviour, bringing a drink to my lips and devouring the bitter taste.

 

Minho’s POV

 

“So what’s the guys’ name?” I asked out of curiosity, hyung did say that it’s a beauty. And if it was, I was definitely wondering who it would be. Jinki hyung stopped his continuous rubs and looked over at me. “Why? Interested just because I said he was a beauty?” he asked but continued “Kim Bab, if I remember correctly. Wait, or was it Kim Chi?” he asked us while rubbing his head chuckling. Jonghyun and I burst out laughing, holding our stomach out of pain. “Ha-Ha... Hahhh~ Hyung! Who would name their kid Kim Bab or Kim Chi? Are you serious? And why are you asking us, you’re the one that talked to him.” Jonghyun said through his hysterics settling down now. Once I stopped laughing I chuckled and said “We shouldn’t have asked. Knowing you hyung, you probably forgot what you last ate.” Jonghyun nodded and I drifted back to my thoughts, now looking around the bar. It never did look this cosy before. I got interrupted in my dream land by the conversation Jinki and Jonghyun were talking about. “... -moving in? Don’t look too upset, you said the mum’s hot, surely the child can’t be that ugly.” Jinki hyung said. “You just don’t get it, do you hyung. Privacy! The whole concept of moving in and invading my whole house, it just doesn’t ring the whole celebration bells in my head.” Jonghyun said sighing at the end. “Hey Minho!” Jonghyun exclaimed continuing “What do you think having some stranger entering your house out of the blue?” I looked then answered, “well not too comfortable, but didn’t you say you met the mother already? Nothing wrong with having two people move in, how would that affect your privacy” I stated emphasising the last word. Jonghyun looked taken aback while Jinki just nodded in agreement. “You might end up thinking they’re cool people.” Jinki added trying to make Jonghyun feel better but Jonghyun groaned in agony. “It better not be a hot chick, I don’t even know what goings to happen to my sanity if it is!” he said chugging down what left of his drink. “I wouldn’t really mind if it is, someone new to try, wouldn’t you say so Jinki hyung?” both Hyung and I laughed watching as Jonghyun’s face contorted in disgust but later joined us in laughter.

 

By now, Jonghyun was half dead, Jinki hyung had returned to the counter serving drinks and I had gone back to thinking about Kibum. Maybe if I went to pick Taemin up from day care I can see him again. That’s it! That would definitely work. I smiled smugly but thinking maybe there’s a chance to see him in school. Nah, definitely not, if I hadn’t seen him around all this time, no way would I suddenly see him. With that thought I drank til I passed out. Waking up the next day with a body lying next to me not quite remembering what happened after passing out. 

 

 

 


So how was this chapter? I know I haven't updated  for a while but that's because I've been writing one-shots everwhere =/ So I'm still thinking about plot and who should end up with who, but I have an idea of where it's going... Anyways, hope you enjoyed!