Chapter3

Never Giving Up

 

Key’s POV

 

When I stepped out of the cafe I just couldn’t stop thinking about what he had said. Or is it he felt special to you... No! He must be wrong, some stranger can’t be special to me, and I don’t even know him. Quickly trying to get out of this place, I turned corners and corners and finally was able to get back into the main streets. I was walking and walking until I reached the building. When I entered everything seemed perfectly normal until I heard screams and glass breaking. It must be because he was throwing his tantrums again. Walking pass the small hallway, my ears were going to fall off. Damn, he must be really upset today, or it might just be my misophonia acting up. The kids that I passed in the hallway were looking at me smiling and waving. I smiled at them and patted their heads. “I’ll play with you later ok? When is your family coming to pick you up?” I asked one of the kids called Mir.

 

Mir was a special kid, well all the kids in here were. You’re wondering what I do here, right? Well this place is a special day care for kids who are mentally challenged, and well... I volunteer here. I first came across this place when I met Taemin, who is also a kid that come here because of his needs. When I met Taemin, he was standing at a crepe stand just staring at it and when I walked up to talk to him he ran off. I brought him a crepe and he started talking to me. When the caregivers found him with me, I decided to walk with them back to the day care. That how I decided to work here, even if its little, I wanted to give to these kids some nice memories. This happened when I was in high school, so about two years ago.  I never complain though, having these kids around just makes my day all the more exciting.

 

I felt a tugging on my sleeves when Mir spoke up “mum-mummy is come-coming... la-later. t-to pick Mir up.” I smiled to him and he only smiled back going back to play with the other kids. I continued walking down the hall to end up at the room where the noise was coming from. Knocking on the door (I don’t even know why, the noise practically covered the sound) and walking in, I was met with three caregivers and a boy throwing things around in the room. The boy didn’t even notice me when I walked in and motioned for the others to leave. They nodded and I smiled in a knowing matter. “Tae...” the boy didn’t listen, or more like ignored me and went to throw more things around. “Taeminnie... you don’t want to play with hyung? Then hyung will leave,” I said about to make my way to the door when Taemin back hugged me, shaking his head on my back. I smiled and turned around holding him in my arms.

 

“So why is our Taeminnie upset, hmmm?” I asked him feigning ignorance though already knowing the answer. Taemin is usually a very bright kid who everyone in the day care loves. He is sociable, the complete opposite of me. But the only time where he would act this way is when something happened in his family. His family is quite well off. Both his parents are entrepreneur and his brother is supposedly studying in the same school as I, but I’ve never had the chance to meet him. Now breaking down in tears, Taemin spoke up. “Taeminnie’s brother... not come-coming to pick Taemin up. He prom-promised though.” He balled his hands on my shirt and started pulling at it. Lovingly smiling at him, I started hushing him to quieten down and pat his back. “Then you want this hyung to take you home?” I asked pointing to myself. I looked up at my pointed finger and then looked at me and broke into a smile, now nodding his head. I smiled at him and then let go of me to run to his phone and dialling a number, grinning into the phone.

 

“...Hello hyung? ... Taeminnie will go home with Kibum hyung. Ungg... I’ll call hyung later! Ok bye-bye... yes~” he now whined, “Taemin is big boy now. No... I’ll go myself. Okay~ hanging up now, bye!” he now had a pout on his face until he turned to me and smiled once again.

 

By the end of the day, after several attempts to stop Taemin from pushing Mir and Sulli of their bikes, we departed for Taemin’s house. I was used to the route by now, having to take Taemin home because of his parents work. Just when we were on our way down the path, a horn beep resonated in the once quiet street, and I was just about to turn around to swear to whomever that person was to - - - - off! My mind though went blank when Taemin let my hand go to run to the car. When the car door opened and the person stepped out, I had that unusual feeling again. It was something very similar to a spark of familiarity.

 

Or is it he felt special to you? Maybe you felt a connection to him?

 

That thought slipped from into my mind again when Taemin ran to me pulling on my hands. “Hyung~ it’s my hyung,” Taemin had stated and now that we were in front of the man, he looked absolutely stunning. He had big round eyes that were accompanied by full plump lips, tall structure and dark tanned skin. His hair was pulled back in a rough pony-tail but his fringe fell just slightly over his eyes. His eyes now landed on mine and those lips stretched in a smile before he spoke. “Choi Minho, this kid’s older brother. I’m guessing you must be Kibum that he is so fond off. It’s nice to meet you,” now offering his hand for a shake. The way he spoke was so well thought out as though he was used to conversations to total strangers. I continued staring at him until Taemin pulled on my sleeves. “U-uh... that’s right; it’s nice to finally meet you too,” I took hold of his hand to feel how firm and strong they actually were. Feeling weird inside, I quickly took my hand back. “Since you’re here, I’ll leave Taemin to you. Taemin-ah, hyung’s leaving first so follow Minho hyung ok?” I bowed and turned to leave.

 

Minho’s POV

 

“Since you’re here, I’ll leave Taemin to you. Taemin-ah, hyung’s leaving first so follow Minho hyung ok?” he said turning to leave. “Taemin, wait for hyung in the car ok? Be a good boy and hyung will take you to buy banana milk later ok?” I didn’t even wait for him to nod before going after the boy. When I first saw him just then, I knew exactly who he was Kim Kibum, the mysterious second year student at my school. The boy that, though try to avoid attention always seemed to have all the attention on him. After hearing the rumour, I just ignored it. Now that I’ve seen him up close, he definitely was a sight to behold. Sharp feline eyes, red heart shaped lips and looked so kissable. White, milky skin that shone in the late afternoon sky that just looked so delectable. And when our eyes met then, my heart wouldn’t stop beating. Grabbing hold of his hands and turning him around only to meet his eyes a second time, my heart beat too fast to be healthy.

 

“Is something the matter Minho-ssi?” his voice felt velvet soft but with a unique high tune that I’m sure even girls can’t reach. I looked at me through feline eyes, confusion written over his face now looking down at my hang. I noticed and let go of his hands “O-oh... Sorry, it’s just, U-ummm,” now scratching the back of my neck, why did I even do that?

 

“Let Minho hyung drive you home hyung,” Taemin said out of nowhere, Ehh? Didn’t I tell this kid to get in the car, since when was he here? I looked at him a he looked giddy for some reason. “O-oh... that’s right. Please allow me to take you home,” I smiled my most charming smile that all cannot resist. He looked from Taemin back to me and only shook his head. “No, I don’t want to be a bother. I’m sure you’re a busy person Minho-ssi. Please go home for today, Taemin had a long day and I’m sure he’s tired.” I could only glare at him and he shrunk back behind me. “Ummm... ok then, have a safe trip. And please, just call me Minho.” He laughed, oh~ that laugh. It just sounded so nice. “Yes, I’ll be leaving now Minho-ssh...Minho. I’ll see you later, Taeminnie. Goodbye.” He left. I stood there looking at his retreating back until he was finally out of site. “Wait... DAMN, I didn’t get his number.” “Oh... Kibum hyungs number, I have it!” Taemin said cheerily when we got into the car. “Tae... give it to hyung ok?” I asked but he shook his head. “Nah-ah... Taeminnie’s not giving!” “Ehh... Why not? Taeminnie... hyung would do anything you say ok? Be nice and give it to Minho hyung. Doesn’t Taemin love hyung?” Taemin nodded his head in understanding but then shook it. “Kibum hyung said not to give to strangers. Minho hyung and Kibum hyung are strangers, so no!”

 

Ughhh... this kid!

 

 


So how was the chapter? Not much explained but in gets into more details later. I haven't actually introduced all cast yet but hope you guys all stay tuned to find more about it. I've also written a Taekey oneshot and hope you guys go and read it! Anyways keep commenting and subsribe if you like.