The Last Piece

Solving The Puzzle

Previously ;

"What? So we're here for nothing?

 

Namyangju Residence, 8.35 PM

"Mingyu, thanks for today. It's getting late, I should go now," Taerin said while taking her bag, ready to leave. "Wait, I'll drive you home," Mingyu stopped her. "No, just rest I'll be fine," she waved her hand as she stepped outside Mingyu's apartment room.

"Taerin," Mingyu called which made her stop and turn. "Although we couldn't find anything since yesterday, thanks for helping me," he shyly said. "Uh? Mhm.. yeah, sure.. I'm glad that I could help you," Taerin smiled.

With her smile, Mingyu felt energized again. All of his suspicion and negative thoughts about her disappeared at once. "See you," he smiled and closed the aparment door. 

When he was inside his apartment, his jaw dropped at the view of his really really messy room. It's been a while since he cleaned it and that's because he's to focused on solving the puzzle Hagi left. 

Where should I start ... he thought before he walked to a corner filled with a stack of dirty jackets. While he was about to pick one, he could feel something with a hard surface  on its right pocket. 

What is this? He quickly took and scanned it. "Handphone?" he questioned himself and started to unlock it. "Oh, it's Hagi's!" Mingyu exclaimed and went inside his room to probably find something in it.

"Gallery, song list, notes.." he began to scan every file availabe on Hagi's phone. "Contacts!" he continued searching through her phone. His eyes suddenly widened as he saw a contact named 'My Best Friend' on her phone. His hands trembled as he pressed on the call button.

"Moment of truth.." he took a deep breath.


On the other hand, Taerin was walking down the street while sipping on an apple juice. She entered a cafe and ordered a caramel macchiato. She threw away her empty carton of apple juice and took a seat.

Taerin searched her bag for her phone, and that's when it hit her-- her phone is missing. She began to panic and searched in her pocket. 

Oh God, this is the worst feeling ever. Did I drop it on the way here? Without any doubts, Taerin decided to go back to Mingyu's apartment, maybe that's where she misplaced her phone. 


Back to Mingyu, he was preparing himself to finally talk to Hagi's best friend. Not in person, but he was still nervous, "This is it, I have to talk to her," he pressed the call button although he wasn't sure about what should he say.

A moment later, he heard a distant sound of a phone ringing. 

It's dialing already.. he thought, but suddenly frozed. Wait, I'm not supposed to hear her phone ringing-- Her phone is inside his apartment. And there's only one possibility to whom it belongs to-- Taerin. 

Mingyu has no idea what to do. Hagi's best friend was with him all the time. Does Taerin know this? Mingyu felt beyond confused, and he still could not believe it. Is Taerin really the person he was looking for? 


Taerin hurried to Mingyu's room. She took the stairs instead of the elevator because it was under construction. On the way to his room, Taerin had the worst feeling ever. What if he finds out? I mean, this has to end soon. She finally arrived at his room in no time. 

"Mingyu? It's me, Taerin! I'm here to take my ph-" Mingyu opened the door before she got the chance to finish her sentence.

Taerin was about to say hi until she saw her phone in his hands. "Why are you holding my phone?" she raised an eyebrow.

Mingyu handed her Hagi's phone, "Why were you hiding all of this? Why weren't you be honest with me?" Taerin stared at him with wide eyes. How did he know?

 

To be continued...

 

Chapter 10; It Was Her All the Time

"Are you happy with the result of your little investigation?"

"Do I need to tell you?"