Hagi's Best Friend

Solving The Puzzle

 

 

 

Previously;

She curled up in the couch and cried herself to sleep. "Hagi, please don't leave me.."

 

 

 

Mingyu was beyond shocked. His hands were trembling as he grab hold of his chest while his left hand controlled the steering wheel. He started to cry even more. "H-h-hagi.."

20 minutes later, Mingyu arrived at the hospital Hagi was in.

 

Jasaeng Hospital, Apgujeong, Seoul, 11.08 AM

 

He ran through the crowd and lowkey shoved people out of his way lol. He asked the receptionist what room number Hagi was in, and went directly to room 217. "Hagi!" Mingyu shouted as he pushed the door open. 

"Keep it down, she's dying but still alive, she can hear you," the nurse said. Mingyu kneeled beside Hagi as he cried into her hands, don't leave me.. please.. don't.."

"Mr. Kim?"

"W-what?"

"She left a note for you, you might want to see it," the nurse handed him a crumpled piece of paper. Mingyu opened it without hesitation. It read :

Remember what I told you?

 

"What you told me? You told me many things, you told me everything! You told me you love me, why did you leave me? What do you want? Tell me!.. Wait.." He stopped to finally think. "You told me what you want the other night, right? Something about your.. friend?" Hagi nodded slowly.

Mingyu continued to cry, he didn't want to think about this now. He slept beside her until she was finally gone.

 

 

Meanwhile, back in Mingyu's apartment, where poor Taerin was locked,

"My phone, my phone.." She panicked while searching her bag. As soon as she found her phone, she dialed Hagi's number. "Pick up the phone.. pick up the phone.. please," Taerin was about to give up until she heard a voice on the other line.

"Hello?"

"Hagi?!..." 

"I'm sorry to inform you ma'am, Ms. Im has passed away not to long ago," the nurse explained.

"N-no that can't be.."

"I'm sorry, it's true."

Taerin collapsed to the ground. Hagi was gone. Worst of all, she was her best friend. Even worse, Mingyu didn't know.

"Well.. Um, I-Is someone named Kim Mingyu there?"

"Yes, he's here. Do you perhaps, want to talk to him?" The nurse answered. Taerin gasped, it's true, they both share the same Hagi. "N-no.. it's fine, thank you."

After what seemed like a decade of waiting, Mingyu unlocked his apartment door.

 

 

Hanamdong Residence, 1.04 PM

"Taerin," he said.

Taerin didn't know how to response. She was furious, but she was too sorrowful to even fight Mingyu. Even so, she kept facing the floor, that is, until she felt somebody hug her. "I'm so sorry. I know you have nothing to do with Hagi, but I feel really guilty for locking you up."

"So it really is her.." Taerin said quietly.

"Who?"

"Nothing.."

Mingyu stepped backwards. "Hey, um.." He looked down. "Can you do me a favor?"

"After what you've done to me?" She crossed her arms.

"I swear, I'm sorry.. Listen.. Before Hagi's last breath, I was told to read a note she left. It read : 'Remember what I told you?' I didn't know what she meant.. I forgot, rather.. and-"

"Can you just get to the point?" Taerin asked in tears.

"Fine.. this might be weird but, I want you to help me find Hagis' best friend."

Taerin froze. Hagi's best friend? No, that can't be me. She has so many other friends. "What about her? Why do you need to find her? Do you know who she is?" She asked.

"That's the problem.. I don't.. but I'll do anything I can to find her." Mingyu answered.

"Why?"

"It was her last wish.. She wants me to date her best friend in replace of her."

Shoot. What if it's me? Pfft, no way.. she has other friends.

"Fine. I'm in. For Hagi."

"Thanks, I owe you so much. Now, let's get going," Mingyu said as he put on his jacket and grabbed his car key.

"Wait, what? Where?" She asked.

"Where else would we go if it's not Hagi's house?" Mingyu replied.

"Hagi's house? You mean, now?" Mingyu nodded impatiently.

"But, neither have I showered, or eaten breakfast , I also forgot to-" Mingyu grabbed her hands and walked away. She has no choice but to follow him.

15 minutes later, they arrived at Hagi's house. During her childhood days, Taerin came here really often. She and Hagi used to play together during their spare times. 

 

 

Apgujeong Residence, Seoul, 1.34 PM

"Nothing has changed.." Taerin mumbled as she entered Hagi's house. "Nothing has what?" Mingyu asked. Realizing what she just said, Taerin quickly added, "Nothing." Mingyu was suspicious for a moment, but his suspicion disappeared when he saw a wooden shelf full of books. He went closer and started to find something.

"What are you doing?" Taerin asked while she followed him although she was not sure what he was trying to find.

"Photobook. Hagi loved taking pictures. Maybe I can find something from her albums," he explained while holding some books on his right hand.

 

 

Taerin nodded and stayed quiet. It's true. Hagi loved taking pictures, especially pictures with her.

 

 

 

 

To be continued

 

Chapter 7 : 

"But she looks oddly familiar.."

 

Of course she does. She's me.

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Yo! We're back with another chapter. Plus! We survived the first week of school! The 7th chapter's in our draft, we'll release it as soon as possible! Hope you enjoyed this one!

-xmykpopx, sweetseventeen