Fianceé

Solving The Puzzle

words count: 1085

 

 

Previously;

"My brain sure forgot a bunch of things about you too Mingyu, but all I know is you're always this stupid." They both shared a laugh.

 

Hannam-dong Residence, 7.28 PM

After 5 of years being apart, finally, they're both in the same apartment. To be honest, Taerin missed times like this. Mingyu used to make her the bitterest tea you could ever taste, and she would complain about it but ended up finishing it anyway. On the other hand, Taerin would cook him the most delicious pancakes with maple syrup, and vanilla ice cream on top. They used to exchange love letters and read them out loud together. Life with Mingyu is much more better, at least that's what Taerin thinks.

After what it seems like an hour of silence, Taerin decided to speak up.

"Oppa,"

"Yes, Hagi?" 

For a moment, Taerin thought she heard wrongly.

"Hagi? Who's Hagi?"

Apparently, Hagi is Mingyu's second love let's not forget the fact that Taerin's his first , and his bride-to-be this september. But Taerin has no idea of their relationship.

"Wait, did I mention her earlier?" Mingyu asked.

"Uh, yeah you did." She replied.

"Oh, my bad. Well Hagi, she's my fianceé." He replied.

"Fianceé?!" She asked in surprise.

"Yes, we're getting married in a couple of months. I know I'm too young and so is she, but we're both excited!" He stated.

Taerin felt heartbroken. She instantly remembered the days she used to spend with Mingyu. Now she has no option but to agree with their decision.

 

flashback.

5 years ago

 

"Taerin ah, you have something on the corner of your lips." Mingyu said while wiping an ice cream off of her lips. You can instanly see Taerin's cheeks turn as red as tomato.

"Are you blushing?" Mingyu asked.

"Uh, uhm no, my cheeks are just, uh, burning from the heat, yeah," Taerin hesitantly replied.

"Burning from MY heat, in particular?" He grinned and smirked a little.

"No."

"Yep."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Taerin, I know you love me."

"Of course I do, if I dont, then why are we dating?"

"I love you too by the way." Mingyu smiled sincerely. 

"Oh shut up." Taerin replied while a giggle escaped .

"Hey, it's getting late, let me drive you home." Mingyu said.

"It's okay if you don't want to, I mean I can walk." She replied.

"And do you think I'm gonna let you do that?" 

"Yep, you will." Taerin smiled innocently.

"Stupid, no, never." Mingyu replied and he intertwinned their fingers together, as they walked to his car. 

 

 

After 15 minutes, they finally arrived at Taerin's house.

"So, I  guess I'll see you tomorrow." She said.

"No, you'll see me in your dreams tonight." He smiled.

"Stop it." Taerin rolled her eyes and smiled instantly.

As soon as she entered her house, Mingyu drove off, his left hand on the steering wheel, and the other one clutching his heart. "You know Taerin, you're the only one who can make me blush this hard." Mingyu admitted while blushing even harder.

On the other hand, Taerin is just relaxing in her sofa, watching television while switching the channels every now and then. She didn't realize that she has been thinking about what happened earlier with Mingyu for the past 7 minutes. "Oh Mingyu, you.." Suddenly, she was surprised by her door bell ringing.

"Who is it?" She called out.

Taerin walked and peeked through the tiny hole in her door.

Outside, her childhood friend, Lim Hagi was waiting, carrying a basket full of lollipops, her favorite. 

"Hagi, it's you!" Taerin hollered, while opening the door.

"I miss you Taerin! Oh and I brought your favorite lollipops!" Hagi replied.

"Thank you! Come in!" Taerin welcomed her. 

"Oh and do you mind if I ask, who was that guy driving in a black sports car? His face seemed so.. I don't know, red?" Hagi asked. 

"Him? Oh it was probably my boyfriend.. I mean, my friend, yeah." She lied, although Hagi could probably tell.

"Really? He must have been thinking of you, that explains why his face was so red, he was blushing Taerin ah." Hagi explained.

Taerin unconsciously smiled at the thought of Mingyu blushing while thinking about her.

"Really? Maybe he's just burning from the heat, haha!" She said.

"Oh come on you know that's not true. You know you're one lucky girl Taerin, I wish I had a boyfriend like him."

"Don't worry, you will someday." Taerin replied.

 

end of flashback.

 

"Hello? Um, Taerin?" Mingyu tapped her shoulders and brought her back from her own world. "Oh, uhm, yes, so, where were we?" She gained consciousness. "So, about Hagi-" Mingyu was suddenly cut by Taerin. "OH YES, HAGI! SO TELL ME ABOUT HER!" She literally raised her voice while trying to reassure herself that the Hagi they're talking about is not the Hagi in her childhood and high school days. "Uh, yeah, about her, so we have a few couple shirts & necklaces if you're wondering what's inside this cabinet." Mingyu explained while pointing to a large, wooden cabinet, just right beside him. 

Oh crap, cutesy stuffs? No, I am not curious of what's inside it, Mingyu. "Oh wow! Can i have a look?" She lied.

"Sure."

Inside, there were tons and tons of couple things, from the smallest diamond necklaces that has the letter 'M&H' on it, to the biggest stuffed teddy bears you'll ever see in the world. As much as Mingyu likes how it looks, to Taerin, it just looks plain disgusting. 

Mingyu, shut that cabinet close. "Oh wow, that's, that's amazing!" She lied for the second time.

As she continued to stare at the cabinet, tears started rolling down her cheeks.

"A-are you.. crying?" Mingyu asked.

Yes Mingyu, I am. "What? Oh! Uhm, no I'm, uh, I'm just touched, yeah." She lied for the third time.

"Taerin, do you want to bring the high school situation up again? I'm not going to say you're touched because whatever cheesy reason I have." Mingyu said.

Mingyu, it's normal for people to have flashbacks and cry because they miss them. "What?! No." Taerin pretended to deny. 

 

 

 

"Hey, it's getting late, let me.." Mingyu stopped.

"Nevermind, sleep on my bed, I'll sleep on the couch." He continued.

"No thanks, I'm going home." She put on her shoes and walked to the door, but stopped when she reached Mingyu. 

"Thanks for everything." Taerin smiled sincerely, and closed the door.

 

 

 

"Taerin, please, don't cry because of me." 

 

To be continued

 

Chapter 4; A Familiar Figure

"Taerin, i-is that you?

"Uh, Do I know you?"