A Familiar Figure

Solving The Puzzle

words count: 657

 

 

Garuso-gil, 8.05 PM

It  has been two hours since the rain filled the night street, and it's making the situation worse for Taerin. What a day.. She thought to herself while walking down the sidewalk. Just as she was about to make a left, she bumped into someone familiar— at least that's what the other person thought.

"Hey! Be care-" 

"Taerin, i-is that you?"

"Uh, do I know you?" 

"Y-you don't remember me?" 

"I-I'm sorry." Taerin said and walked right past her.

When Taerin was already far away, she suddenly heard someone shout, "Taerin, it's me, Hagi!" She stopped instantly. "Lim Hagi, It's you?!" Taerin turned around and faced Hagi in a distance. "Hagi, I'm so sorry for not recognizing you!" She apologized. "It's okay, we've been like five years apart from each other, hey, we've changed!" They ran to each other and pulled in for a hug. "I miss you!" Hagi exclaimed. "I miss you too, oh and, uhm, by the way, where are you heading to?" Please don't say Mingyu's apartment please don't say Mingyu's apartment "Oh, I'm going to the nearby mart" Hagi answered and Taerin secretly released a sigh of relief. Maybe she's not his girlfriend after all  Taerin thought. "How about you?" Hagi asked. "I was just hanging around Ming-, uhm I mean my friend's apartment, yeah." Hagi raised an eyebrow. Of course she could tell that Taerin was hiding something. "Really? Anyways, so, I'll see you whenever I'll see you!" She said, and they both parted. 

Hagi realizes that it's past 8.30 already and she needs to hurry to the mart. She bought 2 boxes of stawberry milk, and went back to Mingyu's apartment. 

"Hello?" 

"Hagi, you're here!" Mingyu welcomed her with a hug.

"I bought two boxes of milk for us by the way!" She told Mingyu.

"How did you know I was craving for strawberry milk?!"

"Oh, I don't know.. It just came to me." Hagi can't help but smile saying those words.

"Why are you suddenly smiling? I mean, not that it's a bad thing. You just look so happy and all." He said.

Wait..Taerin... Isn't she Mingyu's ex? I think I heard her say something about Mingyu when we were talking a couple of minutes ago, and I could tell she was.. crying? If she was from Mingyu's apartment, then what has Mingyu done to her?   Now, if only Mingyu knows that his bride-to-be is best friends with his ex. 

"Mingyu, just so you know, I met a.. a friend." Hagi said.

"Oh really? So you're happy because of this? That's good! Now why don't we enjoy our strawberry milk?" He replied.

"She's as tall as me." 

Mingyu froze. "Why are you explaining that to me?"

"She has wavy hair." Hagi said while smiling.

"Uh, okay?"

"We met a few minutes ago, and it felt like.. the world has lit up.." 

"So you're trying to explain to me that, because of this friend of yours, you felt the whole world turn brighter?" Mingyu asked.

"You still don't get it don't you?" Hagi let out a laugh.

"How am I supposed to understand you when all you do is smile at the ceiling and explain nothingness to me?"

Oh God, this is hard. Hagi, the only way you can let him know is..

"Mingyu,"

"What?"

"If someday, we won't be able to stay with each other again.. Promise me you'll stay with my best friend." Hagi smiled.

"Hagi! Why are you telling me this? Is something wrong?"

"Mingyu I'm leaving tonight, remember? Just in case anything goes wrong-"

"No Hagi, everything will be alright. You'll arrive safely in China, and you'll soon return to my arms." Mingyu rubbed her back. "Now get ready, we're going to the airport." 

 

 

To be continued

 

Chapter 5; Plane Crash

"I have to go to the hospital, right now!"

"C-can I come with you?"

"Why should you?"

"I-I.. just want to.." She lied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

Hey! So do you guys understand what's going on? If you don't, feel free to ask me! When I first read this chapter, I was a bit dissapointed with my writing, lmao. Sorry, for the short and crappy chapt :-( So, anyways, stay tuned for the next chapter, I promise you it'll be better!

-sweetseventeen