Plane Crash

Solving The Puzzle

"Previously;

"You'll arrive safely in China, and you'll soon return to my arms." Mingyu rubbed her back. "Now get ready, we're going to to the airport."

 

 

Taerin's House, Myeongdong, 12.10PM

Taerin sat near her open window, enjoying the night view as she tapped the dew on her window one by one until it popped. She can't stop thinking about what happened. If only we didn't meet. If only i wasn't drunk. If only he didn't pass by the bar. Why, oh why is love so depressing. Mingyu, you know, sometimes, I still find myself falling for you.

Suddenly, Taerin's mom entered the room.

"Why are you still awake?" She asked.

"I dont know mom, I'm just not sleepy" Taerin said.

"You mean you can't sleep?"

" Yeah, I.. I guess so.."

"Hey, tell me what happened today.." 

 

 

"Mom...... You remember Mingyu?"

 

 

Meanwhile, Hagi and Mingyu are saying their goodbyes to each other. Hagi will be going to China for a family vacation.

Incheon airport, 12.07 AM

 

"Is everything ready?" Mingyu asked.

"Yup! I can't wait!" Hagi replied. 

"You can't wait to leave me alone?" He pouted. 

"What? You know that's not true. I can't wait to meet my family there," 

"I know," he sighed and continued. "I'll miss you so much." 

"I'll be back very soon, don't worry." She waved her hand and started to walk away. 

I'm going to wait for you, Taerin- I mean.. Hagi. Mingyu thought and plastered a frown on his face at the sudden thought of Taerin. Why did she cross my mind?

 

 

Hannamdong Residence, 9.03 AM

 

Mingyu is currently sitting alone on his couch while waiting for Hagi's call. She would have arrived by now.. He thought. As he was about to walk towards the kitchen, he heard a knock on his apartment door. Who could be here this early? He thought to himself. "Who's there?" He called out. "Um, it's Taerin.." Mingyu froze. Right, who else would it be.. He opened the door. "Hi Taerin.. I, um.. I'm sorry for not treating you right the last visit.." Mingyu immediately apologized. "No big deal." She smiled. "Come in."

She sat on the couch, while Mingyu went to the kitchen to get some drink. "What brings you here?" He asked while handing a glass of warm chocolate milk. 

"Just.. you know-" 

"You can't sleep?" He asked, Taerin looked at him, confused. "How did you know?"

Of course I know. I'm your ex boyfriend, Park Taerin. Back then, when Taerin couldn't sleep, she used to visit Mingyu's apartment, and he would always welcome her warmly despite feeling very tired.

"Um.. you used to come here when you couldn't sleep.. Remember?" Mingyu replied.

"Oh, uh, yeah... I don't know I feel really tired. I met you yesterday.. Wait, you met me. And then I met my childhood friend who has the same name as your fiancee, which, in fact, bothers me a lot." Taerin replied. She knew telling Mingyu about this wasn't the right thing to do. But she had no one else to talk to besides her mom who would keep telling her to just forget about it. 

 

"Uhm.. Hagi you mean?" Mingyu asked.

"Yeah, Hagi," Taerin said in reply.

"Just forget about it," he returned to the kitchen.

"What? Now you're telling me to also forget about it? Why is everyone just the same?" Taerin whined. Realising his words, Mingyu covered his mouth with his palm. "Oh I mean, well.. If you can't stand it anymore, rather than not doing anything, you can just forget about it, you know?" He explained. "I will do something Mingyu, it's just that I haven't actually thought of what to do.." Taerin shrugged her shoulders. "Forget it. That's what you're going to do. Now we're not going to discuss about this all day long. It's wasting our time. Let's just, you know, watch TV, okay?" Mingyu the television, that is, when a particular news about a plane crash came up. 

Taerin and Mingyu kept their eyes glued on the screen. They watched as the news reporter began announcing the names of the victims. To their horror, both of theirs, Hagi's name was called. "Hagi?!" "Wait, whose Hagi is it?" They both gasped. "My Hagi just left the airport!" Mingyu said. "Well, I haven't actually heard from my Hagi.. So does that mean...?" Taerin hesitated. "No way this isn't possible!" Mingyu cried. "Please don't leave me, Hagi please don't leave me!" She watched as tears rolled down his cheeks. Taerin can't help but to, well, cry as well. What if his Hagi, is my Hagi too? Something just doesn't feel right.. 

It was 12 noon and Mingyu decided to go to the hospital Hagi and the other victims were in. 

"I have to go to the hospital, right now!" 

"C-can I come with you?"

"Why should you?"

Taerin had a feeling Hagi was just one person, there wasn't any other Hagi(s). She had a feeling, and it's never been wrong. She needs to go to the hospital. She needs to.

"I-I.. just want to.." Taerin lied.

"Why do you even want to?" Mingyu snapped at you. 

"I am not asking you to drive me there! I can go there by myself!"

"And what's the point? To watch me cry and mourn over her?" 

"Mingyu she's not dead, she will survive Mingyu, she will!" Tears started rolling down Taerin's cheeks. 

"How do you know and why are you even crying?" He shouted at her, and left. Taerin's inside his apartment alone. Worst of all, locked. 

Taerin started to cry even more. She curled up in the couch and cried herself to sleep. "Hagi, please don't leave me.."

 

 

 

 

To be continued

 

Chapter 6: Hagi's Best friend

"So it really is her.."

"Who?"

"Nothing.."

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

What's up people! Sorry for not updating for the past few days, school was keeping us busy. But now that finals are over, we're free! And we'll update soon! Stay tuned for the next chapter!

-sweetseventeen, xmykpopx