vii. red

Relationship Goals

The couple were spending their time inside the school library. Jessica, a graduating student, was quietly answering her info sheet for her college application. Yuri, on the other hand, stared at her while pouting.

"You're leaving me, Sica."

Jessica looked up briefly and saw her lover's sulking face and giggled, "You look like a fish, Yuri-yah." She dropped her pen and pinched Yuri's cheek. "You have to follow me to the university, or else."

"Or else?"

"You don't wanna know." Jessica released Yuri's cheek and continued with her info sheet.

"But I wanna know!" She pushed, obviously asking for attention. "Or else... You will sneak me in?"

"Or else I will shave your head bald." Jessica deadpanned, "Just kidding."

The younger of the two continued to pout at her lover's teasing. 

Yuri, left with nothing to do, peeked at the form and randomly asked, "Sica, what's your favorite color?"

The older one answered without looking, "Blue." Then added, "Sometimes pink. And black. And also white."

"Just say rainbow, babo."

"Did you just call me babo?"

Yuri then decided to ignore her question and stuck her tongue out, making Jessica laugh.

"Alright, Yuri. You have my attention." Jessica hid the paper in her folder and turned her head to Yuri. "What do you wanna do?"

"Can you guess what's my favorite color, then?"

Jessica smiled cockily and said,

 

"Red!"

 

She then laughed at Yuri's surprised face.

The librarian approached them, "Kindly keep quiet. You're inside the library, Miss Jung."

As Jessica mumbled her apology, Kwon Yuri remained surprised at Jessica.

'I don't even have a favorite color.' She thought.

But the way Jessica guessed and said 'red' excitedly, the way her lips curved up showing her teeth, the way her eyes sparkled with curiousity, and the way her hair fell naturally down her head.

'Beautiful.'

 

From then on, red is Yuri's favorite color.